SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Would anyone be interested in sponsoring one group of kids or just a single kid? Sponsor them for Christmas by supporting them at Christmas. If you bought each boy a gift of equal value. Say fishing equipment (tackle box, fishing line,fishing rod and reel,etc.). Maybe you and your fishing partner could go in together and do this. Im sure each kid would love to have there own fishing tackle because most of them have to share and dont have there own. It dont have to be boys either. The older girls im sure would love some items from bath and body works. Items most of us take for granted. If anyone is interested please let me know. Also if you just have old fishing stuff lying around that you dont use, please consider donating it to the kids. They have 3 ponds on the property and the kids do enjoy fishing when they have the equipment to fish with.

This is a list of kids and there ages(no names) for our Toys for Tots tournament. If anyone would like to adopt a certain kid for Christmas that would be awesome. They have a total of 110 kids at Connie Maxwell in Greenwood. A lot of the kids are teenagers. So we need a variety of stuff not just little kid toys. They do like having there on fishing equipment. They are several ponds on there property they can fish and Brad says they go through a ton of fishing tackle. This would make a great Christmas present for some of the kids. If anyone has some old fishing lures your not using (worms,hooks,fishing line,etc) or even some old fishing rods and reels and would like to make some kids happy, how about donating them at the tournament. We also ask to please bring some sort of laundry detergent or paper product(toilet paper) to donate. These are things that they go through the most and really need. I ask that we remember this tournament is about us helping others who are less fortunate. These kids dont have parents. There parents abandoned them for some reason. Lets show them they are still caring people in the world and they are loved.
110 kids some not listed
boys
7 - 5 to 8 year old boys
6 - 5 to 10 year old
4 - 12 to 13 year old boys
8 - 13 to 14 year old boys
8 - 17 to 18 year old boys
girls
7 - 5 to 8 year old girls
6 - 12 to 13 year old girls
6 - 15 to 16 year old girls
15 - 17 to 18 year old girls
11 - 3 year olds
7 in college program

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:09 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

As of now we have 8 boys that are being sponsored. We still have 102 to go. If anyone can help please let us know.

Thank You
Rusty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:32 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Rusty, when do the gifts/packages/fishing tackle need to be turned in?
I have some tackle to donate and pretty sure most of us have tackle we could share and donate...
Thanks
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

If your planning on fishing the tournament on November 28 you can bring it then. If not I can meet you sometime and Ill be glad to get it to them. I know alot of people are gonna be out of town during the week of Thanksgiving so I would like to have them by the 24th if at all possible.
Anything you would like to donate would greatly be appreciated. One more thing, if you dont have fishing gear to donate but would like to make some sort of donation. Brad says that two items they really could use is laundry detergent and toilet paper. He says that these items are the 2 most used they go through.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

We still need people to sponsor some kids. If interested please let me know. A simple donation of laundry detergent or toilet paper would help out tremendously. DHEC makes them change the bed sheets every day and wash them. This is for 110 kids now. A donation of laundry detergent is just as good as money to them.

Thanks
Rusty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:01 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Tournament is this coming Saturday. We have door prizes to be given away after weigh-in. Please bring a thing of laundry detergent or toilet paper with you to donate. This is like money to them.
Thanks goes out to the following people and companies for there donations.
Davy Hite, Randy Howell, Pure Fishing, Owner Hooks, Truett Hill, Spro, Treeshaker Tackle Company, The Rod Glove, Paul Gettys, Derek Fuller, Buckeye Lures, Hunters Headquarters, Mick Rhinehart Quick 8 Bait Company, Tom Mundy Fish Stalker Lures, Corey Chapman, and others.