[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - why are we spending 18 billion to rebuild Iraq?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am a little confused. I saw on CNN where we going to spend over 18 billion to help rebuild Iraq. Am I missing something here?

Our guys are in harms way tring to eliminate the bad guys. I got that.
The higher ups in the Iraq political game & many others dont want us there.
They see us as the bad guys & with this being a religous war for them , its a lose lose situation for everyone. I got that.

I dont understand why were giving them money to rebuild. I know I am a simple redneck, but can some one help me see the big picture.

For 18 billion I would expect we would be buying the whole dam country...

I also know this is political & we normally dont get into this nor am I tring to start a blame game on the pres, bill gates, Tito from the jackson 5, whoever..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:46 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Because we feel guilty about having spent 80 billion to destroy it? :shock: :shock: :lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:47 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

B/C we can't fill potholes over here with out making them turn into HUGH humps ......... so we's going over there to fill the REALLY deep potholes :lol:

(As a side note, I'm just making light of a serious subject, please do not send hate mail to me concerning this, but if you feel like you must, my address is webmaster@sclakes.com :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:59 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

We are spending 18 billion dollars to rebuild Iraq so Osama Bin Laden can ride down a smooth road when he comes into Bagdad and the Iraq goverment hands the country over to him on a Golden Platter once the INFIDELS HAVE LEFT and he won't have to use any of his terrorist money to rebuild it and will have more money to attack us again with................. :twisted: :mad: Saddam Hussein admitted in court yesterday that he was also afraid of the Al-Quada and said it is made of evil people set on ruling the world or destroying it. Now, had we spent 80 Billion dollars hunting down the real terrorist and not destroying a country that we had control of with sanctions and no fly zones we would be in much better shape than we are right now. JMHO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:52 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

We could end a bunch today, if we set Saddam's A&& go and told him to take care of the issues with the Ali Towel Heads or we'd be back, TERMINATOR STILE, NO GROUND TROOPS JUST DA PLANES AND DA BIG 500 POUNDERS. Cause it wouldn't make him go sleepless one night to go through the country side killin all that locked his A&& up over there and caused all this to start with. Saddam and his boys which are dead didn't mind putin nobodies A&& to death that they felt was a problem. Spend the 18 billion over here PROTECTING THE US. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:28 am 

Your so right Booger, Turn the RATH of ALI back on them suckers. He would not need his sons. He would put a death squad back together and take his country back in 72 hours. He never allowed Al-Quada operatives in his country because he fear an attempted over throw of his power all the time so any bad guys in his country were killed. Bush said he supported Terrorism but he feared it just like we do. The United States has a real serious problem and it is not terrorism as much as it is STICKING OUR GOVERNMENT NOSES IN WHERE THEY DON"T BELONG :!: :!: :!: And when we do it is called a HUMANITARIAN EFFORT :!: :!: :!: I think we would be much better off if our HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS we used right here at home alot more and over there a lot less. We have teh right to practice our religions of choice over here and if their practice of Religion is wars between religious groups which has been the norm since the beginning of time then so be it.
Now to actually answer Mikes question. In the past we have always went back into a country that we have been involved in a war with and helped rebuild that nation. We did it in Japan and we did it in South Korea and I'm sure we will do it in Iraq. We did it also in Vietnam but in a little bit different way. We left them about 3 billion dollars in un booby trapped military equipment and ammmunition to operate it with over their.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:49 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

AMEN! SOFTY! It's time to kick A&& and take names for the head stone. :evil:

PROTECT YOUR HOUSE! :evil:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:04 pm 

Booger, I have in my past considered my self a left wing guy sometimes and a right wing guy other times But sometimes you Plum Scare the Be Jezzses out of me................. :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Marking Headstones.............. :???: :???: :???: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:27 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

After you drop a few 500 pounders on I'rack! :evil: You take the 3000+ headstones with the names on them that were killed over here and the others that have died fighting over there and send on the plane to fill up the hole you just made. That would be my rebuilding effort! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:37 pm