[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - What Were You Doing
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Were You Doing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:06 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

What were you doing at this time 5 years ago at this time? I had gone fishing early, didn't know anything about it till 4:00 this afternoon. HOW SAD :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was working from home & watched most all of it as it was happening.....

Post subject: Re: What Were You Doing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:53 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Don't be sad about going fishing and not know John. I was fishing also but I learned of the attacks shortly after they happened through phone calls from some of my buddies because no one new what all the targets were and I was going fishing and they thought that the Steam plants or Dams might be targets and they called and told me just incase so I would not be near either one on the water. Besides John would have made any difference in how you felt had you know it at 9:30AM that morning or 4 pm that afternoon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:12 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Was still working at Extended Stay America's HQ, saw it all as it was happening on TV.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:37 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I didn't find out what happened until my 11:00 class at Clemson.

The night before I stayed out a little late (ESSO club) and didn't have contact with the outside world until my first class. Professor walked in and said to the class "Due to the events this morning I am cancelling class. Raise your hand if you don't know what I am talking about." Me and this cute little blonde (the reason I actually went to class) were the only ones who raised our hands. I was shocked.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:49 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I was in my office listening to the radio when they announced that the one tower had been hit by an aircraft. We immediately turned on the TV to see what was going on. It was very eye opening to see that our home country had come under attack by such a bunch of cowards.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:51 am 

I agree with you 100% Roadkill. They are cowards! Brave men would have attacked military installations but cowards attack civilians, men women and children in civilian locations. They pick only soft targets because they are not intelligent enough to strike at Hard Targets. COWARDS TO THE BONE EVERY ONE OF THEM :mad: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: and use there GOD as a reasoning for their actions..........Sorry but a true GOD does not work like that......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:13 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

At work and saw it on one of the TV monitors. It was a long day. :cry:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:27 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:18 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Names may be forgotten Cooter, but the important thing is what happened will never be forgotten. Doug is right, they are a bunch of chickenshi###s preying on the weak and defenceless, kissing Osama's camel riding ass. GOD would never sanction that in his name. :mad: :mad: :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:08 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I was driving down I-20. Heard the news of Tower One being hit on "John Boy and Billy". Then I went to the office and watched the T.V.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:16 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

I was working in Florence at the time. Boss, his wife and I were in the office. Phone call came and we turned on the TV. We saw the first tower burning and it never registered with us that we were watching the second plane live when it hit ..... it was like we thought it was a re-run or flash back. We kept the TV on all day trying to work, but who could :?:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:14 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:41 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:57 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator