[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - More Favorite Jig colors and weights
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:55 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:04 am 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:17 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:37 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Across the country, you'd be surprised how many guys fish Black/Blue. Keep at it. Throw one at every spot you suspect a fish to be. The more you throw one, naturally the more you'll start and catch. Drag it, hop it, or swim it down (or up, during cold fronts) points; throw it in brush and lay-downs and let it sit, or shake it. Throw it and you'll get bit, I promise. With or without rattles, water clarity usually, dictates this. The list goes on and on, just like the lists for other baits. But the MOST important point is, ya gotta at least be near fish!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:46 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

It is also good to get out in the yard and practice pitching your jig into a cup or someting like that. If you can pitch a jig good you can get the jig were know one else can and possible catch more fish.

my favoirte jig is a 3/8 brown jig that i have created.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:55 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

OK, here goes

Around docks, fairly clear water: 1/8 oz brown/pumpkin crawdad trailer

Around docks, dirty water: 3/16 oz black/blue w/black/bue craw trailer

Downed trees: 1/4 oz Black green or chatruse w/chartruse pork trailer

In the yard: 3/16 oz black/red no trailer - coffee can target (put a few rocks in the bottom.

Jigging rod: I don't use a pool cue because I use light jigs (compared to most). 7 ft crankin stick with 12-to-14 test line on CU200B. Around docks and sea walls in very clear water I've gone to 10lb test on Calcutta 151, still on 7 ft crankin stick.

That's about all I know about jigging.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:33 pm 

Largest Bass of my fishing day(8.75lbs)and Barret has a(8.5lbs) has come on the jig Bk/Blue in 3/8oz can't remember the name brand I got them at a Expo in Raleigh a few yaer ago. Its a bait that onehas to work with alot to get the feel of it. Those fish will hit and sometimes you don't know they're there until it to late to set the hook.Mind you some of them you can't take it from them and other will have it and move along with the jig as if your move it. I us a 7.5 Blade BPS MH with a 4600CB reel and 17 to 20 lbs test line(mono). My two cent. :mrgreen: Wal-Mart FLW jig are working well for us also!
God bless all.
B&J NC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:53 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

i throw mostly 1/2 ounce jigs in brown,black,red wasp, (burnt orange), black and blue. sometimes i throw different mixes of the above colors. the trailer is the thing in myho that makes the difference without a trailer you may as well be throwing a rock bucktail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:08 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Black / Red colors & 1/2 oz. any kind of jigs is good with me. Haven't caught much fish but when I did it was 4+ #'s.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:41 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Stained water....... 3/8oz Green pumpkin pepper w/ greenpumpkin craw laced w/ black, green and orange string tensil glitters................. Brackish Water...... 1/4oz black/orange w/ greenpumpkin craw with orange pinchers w/gold dust tips................Night fishing 3/8 oz...........Moon light night...........Black/lightblue w/ blue glimmer craw....................no moon night........................Black/purple w/ flippin purple craw....................Tha tha tha thats all folks........................... :lol: :lol: :lol: