[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Fish The Jig!!!
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:05 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:14 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Way to go jayvee, and good luck. Fishing is largely a head game. The more confidence you can gain in four or five baits, the greater your chance of catching more and larger fish. Confidence ma boy! That's the name of the game!

Post subject: Re: Fish The Jig!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:48 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

I could tell you several tales about catfish and his unsual ability to catch to catch mister whisker face at the most unusal times and places. How you think he got the name catfish . bucktail HA, HA, HA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:03 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:58 pm 
Wateree Moderator
Wateree Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:56 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

it, to me, depends on the mood of the bass. I have seen times were i was in front of the boat pitching a jig and my partner in the back of the boat would pitch a worm in my exact same spot and catch the fish. This has also worked vise-versa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:25 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I really got into the "jig" 10 years ago. It was something I had to learn because my crankbait fish were no match for the jig fish.

This what I've learned....

you can fish a jig on slack line...a lot of pros tell you to keep in touch with the jig as it falls but after a cast or after I hop it I let it fall on slack line.

You don't have to set the hook right away even though I do...bunches of time I've flipped in heavy brush and thought I was feeling the brush and it was actually a bass...and still caught the booger.

Sometimes no action is needed ....skip it under a dock, pontoon, etc and when you pick up on the jig he's got it.

Since I run CATT and stay busy with that I don't get to fish as much but I do have time to fish the National Bass Circuit in the Southern Division. This past year we won the points race and broke the NBC single season weight record... 2nd in points in 2004 and won the points in 2003

in 2005 we brough in 38 out of a possible 40 bass that weighed over 134 lbs...
34 came on a jig...

We fished Santee and weighed in over 22 lbs
Wateree over 21 lbs
Murray over 19 lbs
Clarks Hill over 15 lbs

The lake doesn't matter it seems...big bass go crazy over a jig.

I fish 4 colors...I know it sounds stupid but I fish these in muddy and clear water

green pumpkin/green pumpkin trailer
crawdad w/black trailer or gr/pumpkin
black/blue w/ bl/blue trailer
TxCraw with Black Trailer

all in 1/2 oz-- 99% of the time

It's worth the time to learn.

Brett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:14 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Like Bass10, I use a jig like many would use a T-rig. I like to toss a 1/8 oz jig around boat docks and either bounce it or just drag it on the bottom, depending on how many trees are around the dock.

Last summer, I went out early one morning to do some dock jigging for an hour or so before I had to take the wife to breakfast. I got a hundred yards from my boat dock and realized that I had left my jigging bag on the dock. But, I found an old, white bucktail in the storage compartment of the boat, so I tied it on and put a piece of a old pumpkin worm on it as a trailer. I worked it like a jig around the docks and had one of the best two hours of fishing I've ever had.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:46 pm 

I have a 7' mh rod and 7'6" flippin stick, which is better? What do you guys suggest?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:29 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:09 am 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

You ain't got none of the Good jigs by BLS though, do you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:28 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Bass10....You have a good point...Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:39 am 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

I can remedy that situation real easy for the guys in Anderson.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:31 pm 

"Sometimes no action is needed ....skip it under a dock, pontoon, etc and when you pick up on the jig he's got it."

I catch more fish on the 5" DT Hula grub (jig) on a football head than any other way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:22 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

I use jigs every time I hit the lake. I usually start out with a jig...if it's not producing, I throw crank baits and carolina rigs. If everything else I use fails to produce...I go back to and stick with the jig. Everything from Storm "big eye paddle tales" to standard 3/8 oz FLW rattle jigs with a trailer. I have caught everything from LM bass and Striper, to catfish.