SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for land to hunt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:42 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Yeah tear me a new one its been a few years since I made a post :shock: but I'm still around... Me and OP just kinda cooled our jets with fishing.

What I'm looking for is a land owner willing to grant permission for me to hunt. I don't have access to any decent size parcels of land, and I'm not crazy about the idea of teaching my step-daughter to hunt on public land. She's 10 and chomping at the bit to go, but I want it to be more than just sitting on public land hoping for something to get spooked our way. I want to teach her hunting in and out.. The right way. Show her how you have to work to get real results and not just go sit in the woods. Ideally Id like to start her on small game and then try to put her on a gobbler this spring. Then in the off season teach her about the work aspect of hunting... food plots, establishing habitat, running trail cams, and predator control.

I'd be willing to hunt within whatever guidelines the owner sets for me. I believe in leaving zero trace of my presence, and would respect the land/animals as my own. I'm willing to help with food plots and game habitat establishment/maintenance, and if you have hogs or coyotes I could be of great assistance there as well.

I know its asking a lot... Most people have been soured by trespassers and general disrespect to the point that they wont share their land, but just the same I'm asking.

Thanks,

OPjr