[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Dove Hunting Yesterday?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:59 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dove Hunting Yesterday?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:38 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Anybody go Dove Hunting yesterday and if so, how do you do?? :mrgreen:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

didnt get to go but looking forward to getting out later this week..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:06 pm 

1 bird with less than a box of shells, my old smoke pole was not functioning right. I think I need a new O ring. Wouldn't blow back the bolt and eject the spent shell. Heard that this was a problem with them 1100's. Other wise had fun, I was a 1 shot wonder. Wondering what I was doing out there wasting shells. Birds flew in well, lots of people shooting and quite a number of birds shot. I guess the gun malfunction just saved me a bunch of shells. If any one knows of any hunts around I would love to come and scatter birds with you guys. Wish I had something more exciting to post.

B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:16 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Shot two off the power line :sleeping: waited two hours,in the bushes,for the other two,to come back :hmm: but they never came back :?: ---going back to that spot again,cause I know they will be back sometime :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

We went....big field w/ a small good spot. Sat. Spooney wore them out I set in the shade and sipped Ice Water. Monday was S.L.O.W.... I think the guys down the road w/ the baited feild that got BUSTED Sat. had all the birds Monday 'cause nobody was there to shoot at them.

The "Rabbit Sheriff" was out really check'n people this year....Good Job guys. CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm 
Hartwell Moderator
Hartwell Moderator

monk give me a call 864-304-4803

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:34 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

What was in that Ice Tea?? :mrgreen:

You sat under a "SHADE" TREE? :mrgreen: I wasn't there. :lol: :mrgreen: :-D

I guess I am going to have to set up out here in the back yard and watch the neighbor hood go wild when I cracks off a few hundred rounds. :mrgreen:

Might Bring out The Rabbit Sherrif and The Po-Po. :mrgreen:

Good Luck to all of you headed down to the Bird House on Clarkshill Wednesday. :mrgreen:

Monk, Terminator already has you a shade tree picked out, hey don't let this event kick your Butt, like the Golf outing the other week did. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :mrgreen:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:36 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Shade tree :?: -------I'm sitting close to the power line,and waiting :hmm:
Ranger 390 is comung down to join us---he hasn't hunted in awhile either---I think the birds have the advantage :roll: :roll: --------see ya' Monk

Hey Jojo------how far do you have to lead, them doves :?: about the length of a good "'C-Rig"" :?: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:49 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

:roll: Well____________I really did go on a Dove Shoot today :roll:
First time ,I picked up a shotgun in 20 years,and will probably be that long before I get the urge again :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I shot nineteen times and killed ""ONE Bird"""-----my old Remington 1100 would only shoot ""Two Shots"" at a time ,except twice,and one of the times it fired all three shots, is when I killed my lone dove :sleeping: ----everyone invited me back, anytime :hmm: said they needed someone to keep em' flying :mrgreen: :mrgreen: -----I think it's back to the fishing for me,but I did have a good time with my buddy Craig,and also enjoyed meeting Ranger 390 (Jimmy)----Monk :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:17 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Lead them just enough to drop them...LOL

Them 1100's won't hardly shoot them "low-grade" DOVE loads w/ out foul'n out. Really have to clean the gas system. Them pumps and 1K+ O/U will eat them just fine, but like the man said..."You got a 1K gun buy you some good bullets" LOL

Did 390 ride his Harley?? I guess you could mount one of them gun boots off an ATV on it?? LOL CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:41 pm 
Hartwell Moderator
Hartwell Moderator

Shot 6 times and got 1 bird. Them suckers were high by the time they got to me.Good to get to see everyone...
JoJo
Harley may be the best way, I carried the truck thinking I would need it to haul all the birds home LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:03 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

390 I like to see an optoenistic aditude like that.....LOL CYA