[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Need help finding land in Aiken, Edgefield, North Augusta Area
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:45 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

My first lab only had ONE chance to fetch a lesser canadian when I was hunting in NE... he grabbed her by the wing and drug her back still very much alive..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:45 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Yea i thought about buying a bigger dummy
to train him with for those honkers or as 391
said AKA 747's like that one that's pretty good!
What should i do in trainning him to carry those
big bird? He has a very lite mouth! Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:06 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Have you been through Force Fetch yet ?????? If not, then I highly recommend doing it. It's really not as big a horror story everybody makes it out to be ................ of coarse I'm thinking you got a lab too, I don't know about the shorthairs ???? That might be a good question to ask on The Refuge, I'm sure Evan Graham could give you a awesome answer on if it's even possible to FF German shorthairs.

I tell ya' Dokken Deadfowl Trainers has a great Canada Goose dummy. Avery is coming out with some new stuff that's going to be better than the Dokken's ........... if they will ever hit them market ............. I've been on some of them's case that if I see "coming soon" one more time I was going to puke ! ! ! ! However, I've not seen a prototype of a Canada yet, but I'm sure they will ............ espesially since Super Retriever Series is 'field testing' them this year along with a lot of the top retriever handlers/trainers in the nation.

Coontie ............... gas is high ............ sell da boat ................ get a dog .............. come bust a honk' ! ! ! ! LOL ! ! ! !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:04 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Thanks 391, I'll look around in some off my
catologs does Mack's carry those. I'll work him
on the real dill come early honker season. Brad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:51 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

I could not find it on Mack's web site .......... but it's on page 77 in the catalog.

Cabela's is here at ......
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0013458

check out the video above the Trainers in the web site posted above
.......... it demonstrats how to use their Skimmer and Diver Deadfowls
as well. It's a good watch.

Dokken is good. I got a few of them. The problem with them is
over a period of time they start to absorb water ..... thus taking a
few days to dry out ......... it gets kinda old if you train everyday.
The other and main problem with the Dokken is the heads on these
trainers is hard plastic. It's only a problem if your dog 'stabs' at
his/her marks........... you generally only have these problems with hard
running dogs. Where the problem occurs is the dog 'stab's for the
bumper so hard while running WOT to the mark that they actually
'stab' or slam their mouth on the object and the hard plastic head
has been known to break the front teeth on some of these high
energy type dogs. The Avery Trainers are made of a soft plastic
just for this reason.

Needless to say, I'll be swapping over all my Dokken's to Avery's
as soon as they come out simply on a safety stand point due to my
dog and her teeth. I generally have only used the Dove and Mallard.
THe Dove is awesome for young puppies ( I'm talking 8 wks old) and
the Mallard is good for once they have gotten to about 6 months old
to start using it.

Good luck with the Dokken Canada Goose ............. if you've not
seen them at Bass Pro (which as them too) they are HUGH ! ! !
Forget young birdboy's tossing this thing .......... you better go borrow
your hometown quarterback for this chunk ........... I got Remote Throwers
to chunk mine for me :mrgreen: .

Good Luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:32 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Thanks, I'll look in to the avery's.... I do have
a friend that has a few dummies he will let me
use til i can get one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:44 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

You can run but you can't hide! :roll: Here you go Piss'in Smack Daddy off again, twice in one day! BANG! BANG! This be just like the Gong Show! Drop the hammer and ring the bell! GONG! Your A$$ is Gong! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:21 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

???????????????
You lost me on this one Little Boogie !?!

You seeing things again Bro ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:07 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

One of our www friends had a little post in here. But my barrel is smoking.......took him out!