[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Need help finding land in Aiken, Edgefield, North Augusta Area
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:37 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Hey gang.
I'm still looking for a place to train Sophie. Being new to this area, I'm having limited results. If any of you guys or gals have family members or friends that have something that might work please let me know. You can rest assured I'll leave the property better than I found it. If owners are worried about any kind of time line, I'm flexable. Meaning if they want me out in time for deer season, dove field, fishing in a pond, etc ....... I can work around that.

What am I looking for........
- something as close to Aiken as possible ......... something within a 30 miles.
- old fields ........ not too over grown with shrubs, sapplings, or briars
- ponds ....... clear of stumps or not over-run by aquadic growth is preferred.
- hay fields will work.
- large food plots will work.
........ basically anything that will make a good mark from 50 yards to 400 yards for a retriever to see thrown and to be able to run a straight line and pick it up to run straight back ! ! !

I do also prefer a place away from houses or at least if someone does live in a house near the training grounds then they don't mind me on occassion firing a popper load from a shotgun and/or the pop of a starters pistol .......... basically a low noise to simulate a gun going off. I only use 'sound' about once a week and even then it's generally only 4 - 8 times.

If anyone thinks they might know of something please let me know. PM me here or email is fine.

Thanks !
-Stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:11 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Go see your county extension agent and see if he has any ideas? Your wife probably works with him or will.

good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:13 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:28 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:05 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

LOL ! ! ! You better be careful sayin that around Rangergirl ........ she's liable to have 'no fudge' for you, LOL ! ! ! ChampioNman said that's fine though, he'll eat your share :mrgreen:

Now, back to the original post ..................... still looking for training grounds! If you know someone that's got old farm fields or a pond PLEASE let me know.

THANKS ! ! ! !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:32 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

YUP... some of those County Ag Agents are kind of worthless BUT if they have lived and worked in the county for a while they KNOW the landowners. You or momma have to be a buddy for them to help you in this non-office type venture. You need their help. Drop by again and just talk for a while.

More good luck to ya.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:23 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Yea, I know where ya coming from. THat's kinda what I was getting at when I mentioned 'let me know, I'd love to talk to them' ............. that way I could let them know if they need help in the hay field, building fence, or barns I could definately help them. If they fields to train in are starting to get rough, then I'd bushhog them or spray them. I hauled a partial load of rock into the last place I trained at due to the gate entrance was getting muddy from the farmers tractors and trucks ( not my doings) just as a gesture of Thanks for letting me use his fields and ponds for free.

What would be awesome would be make a dove field ................ I get to invite X number and he gets to invite X number and we only hunt the field on Saturdays (or something like that) ............ that would be the bomb ! ! !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:26 am 

391 where in aiken do you live how far from asqaga lake rd. how often are you needing the land for?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:53 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Hey chris !
I'm not real sure how far, I live over on Pine Log Rd area. I know I get on Asquga (sp?) Lake Rd when I take Champ203's short-cut way over to eventually Hwy 28 to go to Clarks Hill.

I'd like to have a place availible for everyday of the week except Sunday's. However I very rarely get to train every day like I want to. Plus right now I'll take what I can get. I do try and atleast make it every-other-day.

If you might know of a place, I'm flexable, I'd rather have a place that I can only train on 1 or 2 days a week than no place at all :wink:

Thanks for your help !
-Stephen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:10 am 

ill talk to my father inlaw hes got 88 acres with a 2 acre clean pond with some big fields

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:51 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Man that would be great. I REALLY do appreciate it ! ! ! !

If you need me to PM my phone number to you I will.

Thanks Again !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:28 pm 

hey 391 I talked to him today and im out here now he said give him a call he was thinin of getting a lab for doves so yall might be able to trade land for help training him a dog i PM'd his number to ya chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:29 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Just sent you back a PM ! I appreciate it. Sorry I didn't get back with you yesterday but I was in the upstate shooting Sporting Clays with the old man for Father's Day and training the dog while I had access to land up there.

I'll give that feller a holler tomorrow.

Is he sure he wants a Lab to hunt with???? Alot of people think once they are trained that's it ......... maybe for Fido the tennis ball chaser, but definately not for a good hunting/field trial Lab. Just wondering. I'll call him.

Thanks Again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:28 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Hey 391 i converted my german short hair
in to a duck dog because the upland bird hunting
were i live sucks. I put him on his first gagwall
the last day of duck season last year, Can't get him to fech the honkers he has a hard time getting the in his mouth! Brad Good Luck!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:26 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

I know what you mean ................. some of them golf coarse grass feed honkers get purdy good size :shock: . Something about shooting those 747's and the big slash or hard thud. I really like seeing a 'little dog' (regardless of breed, but especially a small framed lab) bo-up on a honk' with it deep, yet firm, in it's mouth and come marching across the field or swimming back.................. just gets the heart pumpin' I guess. Little dogs always do seem to show a pride in their step for some reason.