SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:36 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well fished first SMBCBT of 2007 today. Needless to say we zeroed. Had record amount of tournament history entries for 1st one of the year with 112 boats. Winning weight was 17+ and 9+ pounds drew a check. Paid 10 places and two big fish places. Stratos bonus money and Ranger Boat money was boat awarded and Skeeter Owner qualified for bonus money from Skeeter Because Skeeter Boat won 1st place. Big fish was 6.57lbs, down almost 3 pounds from big fish on 1st Tx last year and year prior. Fishing was very tough since with that many boats on this 1st Tx each year it normally takes 23-25 pounds to win. They have Old Hickory Lake all messed up and it looks like it is not going to be short term effect. The 3 lakes above Old Hickory on the Cumberland River Chain are all very much colder year around then Old Hickory is and since they began drawing down Lake Cumberland for the Dam repairs which are going to take appoximately 5 years They have been flowing water straight through From Lake Cumberland to the Ohio-Tennessee Rivers at Lake Barkley and it is screwing up the fishing on every lake between Lake Cumberland and the Tennessee River. This Begins with Lake Cumberland, which flows into Cordell Hull Lake which flows in Old Hickory Lake which flows into Cheatham Lake, which flows into Barkley Lake and into the T. River. Along with that Dale Hollow Lake which is above Old Hickory is cold and Center Hill which flows into Old Hickory are both deep cold lakes and they are also sending us cold water so our fishing is totally screwed. Until these warm water fish learn how to live and feed in water 20 degrees colder than they are use to living in at least anyway. Well thats my fishing report, such as it is for Old Hickory. Looks like I may be posting more J.Percy Priest Lake reports this year cause I think that is going to be my lake of choice to fish more this year.......................LOL