SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guntersville Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

...finally got to fish it. Fished Fri. & Sat. Caught fish on just about everything & everwhere we try'd. No frog or SB fish. Grass not matted enough yet I guess. If you like skip'n a senko under boat docks you can do it for DAYS. Best fish were on C-rig & CB near deep water. A couple of doz fish w/ several near 4#. Didn't get them like they do on TV, but it was a good trip even w/ the tec. dificulty. Both GPS units died and this place you need to know where you are at. Ducman broke a Carrott stik on a fish. ....and yes the Ducman wore me out w/ that C-rig...It got so bad I took off the Frog Reel{65# Braid} and rigged up one too.They ain't no sunburn like an Alamama sunburn. Lake very crowded these people don't think nothing about pulling up between you and where you're throw'n & they'll cast right on you....I guess that's the Alabama Shuffle!! LOL but most are nice & will tell you another place you can go. LOL

Lots of boats fish'n the main ledges....even found some shell beds. The good areas had boats lines up about a cast apart nose-to-tail.

When you leave the main channel make SURE you run thru the bouys..{rember no GPS}....they is some HUGE stuff out there in the middle.

Guntersville State Park is AWESOME....plenty of boat ramps, but they need to pump out the jiffy johns more often. Planning on come'n back in duh Fall after it cools off some.
Ans maybe some of these people will be in the woods hunt'n.
The bridges in duh creeks are LOW...'bout knocked my-self out on one...I told Ducman to duck & turned around and took out a section of cement myself...old mofo in the boat right next to us said "Theys a bridge 'hair"....LOL CYA

Post subject: Re: Guntersville Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

SWEET ! :thumbs_up:

Better hope 390 doesn't c this post ...... he'll be buying new tires and springing for that GPS/depthfinder .... just so he can leave a lead deposit in Al'er'bama. :lol:

Glad to hear you guys had a good time ! I know that 'fishing on top of another feller' would have drove me nutz !

Where did ya'll stay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:07 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Stayed in Fart Pain w/ the hoocie mamas. Put in @ the SP 1st & day #2 at a place nearer to the fish so we could beat the Tourny MOFOs....it werked too LOL Had a good limit sore lipped before blast-off time...

if ever they was a place for one of them side look'n depth-o-meters this would be IT....man the fish'n holes run for miles, miles & miles, be neat to set out in duh channel and look for duh bass before you fishit for miles.

Next time will be Nov. after the room rates drop. Get a Cabin for $99 that will handle 6 people....you and Jammie {being you're still newlyweds} probily would only count for 1!!! LOL

Post subject: Re: Guntersville Alabama
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:32 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

LOL !

The good thing about November is crazy nuts like she and I what to be 20' up with a stick-n-string in hand at her parent's farm in the Great White Norf :thumbs_up: Makes for an empty lake. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:00 pm 
Monticello Moderator
Monticello Moderator

Jojo I was there 3 weeks ago and had a blast. Can't wait to go back. Was trying to get in the FLW Co Angler side but was filled up in December. I was 31 on a waiting list. That is one alsome fishing lake.