[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Softy's
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:23 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Softy's
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:25 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Here are a few of Softy's fish from a recent TX...

Attachments:
s Smallmouth.jpg
s Smallmouth.jpg [ 118.62 KiB | Viewed 9978 times ]
s Largemouth.jpg
s Largemouth.jpg [ 128.13 KiB | Viewed 9978 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:11 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Gun those are some nice fish. How did you do?
Stink

Post subject: Re: Softy's
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:30 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Both of those fish came on my Danny B's Stick Baits in Green Pumpkin Pepper w/ Blue Flake and soaked in CB's Hawg Sauce. Those were just two of the 11 we boated that evening that were keppers. All together we had about 30 fish but 11 Keeper 15 inch size limit with these two being the largest. All but 3 of our fish came on Danny B's T-rigged w/3/16 oz. weights The stick baits were an assortment of colors including green Pumpkin, Smoke Pepper w/Copper flake, Smoke Pepper w/ Purple Flake and Black Grape w/ Gold Flake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:53 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:28 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:00 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:39 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

i hear ya softy !! goodins !!... :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:23 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:38 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Softy those are some nice fish. I had the same problem with fish comming unbuttoned talked to my friend that makes my jigs and he made me some with a long shank hook haven't had a problem since. do you have yours made? if so you may want to try the long shank hook. It also gives it a slightly larger profile with the trailer back a little and the brush guard does not have to be trimmed. just a thought keep sticking em

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:48 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

i dont know what to tell ya softy, ..ive only lost two fish on jig in about seven yrs, i dont like trimmin` back my gaurds cause ive seen where they cause my other friends that do trim em get hung up frqently on cover and not on bass, the last one i had to come unbutton was @ the last forums tx @ russell, i generally use 17-20lb line , and i got mostly a good hook set, just keep line tight and get em in ....FAST, i think that the fish i lost @ russell was a spot, dont know if it was cause they have a smaller mouth or what, dont seem to have that problem with the small mouths on the smallies @ L.james, with the same jigs, you can see teeth marks all over my chunks, n trailers, i tried to use smaller profiles of trailers but didnt down size in the jig itself...just keep on tryin , thats why they call it fishin and not catchin.. :lol: :lol: , but from the numbers your puttin in the boat, i would be satisfied, i myself am not good @ puttin those kinds of numbers in the boat , generally the quality keeper bites, hero or zero kind of thing...i have had made some wide gap hook jigs but havent used them much to know if there better hookin up or not....my jigs i have made up are to my like ens from Aronlds Lures, out of shelby ,n.c.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:57 am 

Thanks guys for the help with the jig hook up problems. Yea, I have my jigs custom made by a jig maker in NC. He makes any color combinations I ask for and he has a great wide gap hook in them and I have been using them for years and this is the first year I have had that many fish come unbuttoned on them. I was not aware of what I was doing wrong until last week when a buddy of mine was watching me from off in the distance while I was out practicing and he saw what I was doing wrong. He saw me hook up on about 5 fish and only get two in the boat and he talked to me at the dock later. He told me that on the fish I landed I did a straight up hook set puuting the jig in the fish hard in the roof of the mouth and on the ones I didn't get back to the boat I was doing a sweeping hookset and not getting to hook in the hard part of the fishes mouth but in a corner or fleshy part and they were coming unbuttoned. I have been working on the correct hooksets and I also dug out an old rod I use to use and it has also helped. It is shorter and alot more back bone for more power at the jig. It has seemed to help but going to practice alot more to get my touch back.