[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Hartwell pigs...
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:26 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hartwell pigs...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:08 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

good catch :thumbs_up:

8lbers are too RARE to eat and too much fun to catch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:24 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Bass, Dang man throw them back yes even the smaller one. I agree go to keowee and use live bait and keep every spot from 12in to 16 in. Better yet go to Russell and Pm me and I will put you on some spots aswell but Man Don't keep those fish. The next time you fish a TX you will wish you had those back. To mount is one thing but eating those big fish that's just wrong. By the way mother nature has a way of paying you back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:29 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:32 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:18 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:49 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Female largeheads will roughly produce 4000 eggs per pound of body weight so with those two bass not spawning this year thats close to one less bass per acre....8lber = 32000 eggs 5lber = 20000 eggs add them together 52000 eggs 0.88 eggs per acre thats going by rough estimates but just to put some numbers with it...just glad the calculator was working :thumbs_up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:26 am 
Hartwell Moderator
Hartwell Moderator

That is the problem I would have with taking them out this time of year. But as said before each person has there on opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:24 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Basshole don't know ya got no problem with ya but sometimes one bass will make or break your tx and think about how many people fish any lake at any given time most bass fishermen do practice C&R but there are hundreds of people who fish for anything that bites and that means a lot of bass are caught by non bass fishing people so if everyone who fishes takes home 2 bass times the number who fish well see what i'm saying I'm betting you don't have kids and i know this world is in a mess but if we don't take care of our fishery's they will not have the same pleasure you had of catching and/or eating those fish. I like to catch crappie,bream or catfish if i plan on having a fish fry it don't take them as long to get to eating size and they reproduce much faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:24 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Hole, If you wasn't prepaired to take a little heat don't post pictures of fish like that this time of the year! I for one i'am not on a bandwagon! I don't know who taught you to clean fish but IF I do keep SMALL SPOTS I get a pretty good Fillet of them! I used to keep good fish like that when I didn't know better but I grow up and now I take my kids and we practice C&R all day long.I can't help you got called out I was just VOICEING MY OPINION OR BETTER KNOWN AS FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:23 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Who says PCBs will hurt your brain!! LOL

.......eat the small spots throw big momma LM back.

B-Hole I tried a "no dead fish weighed TX trail" several people on here went up my butt over it......now they up your butt over eat'n one! LOL you can't make every body happy, but it sure is EASY to pizz a crowd off!! LOL

CYA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:45 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Hole, You said that a pond could have to many fish but we are talking about 56,000 acres not two or even five that is like compareing apples to oranges. Yeah farm ponds do usually have to many and yes I fish some with my kids I got keep them but I LET the BIGGER ONES GO!!!!! I just think it's crazy to keep that big spot and the other two fish that is a good sack with 3 fish that will about get you in the money. You said you are going to get a replic made why did you just get that one mounted you already killed it? :cry: That fish didn't get big by being stupid it's just that the other anglers let it GO :?: :?: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:47 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Seems to me that BassHole got to bring a pic of a good fish to the "Braggin' Board" and the whiners came to adjust their tampons. If you dont like the show change the channel. Quit coming on here and whining about the fish he caught and what he decided to do with it. Go catch one bigger and throw the dam thing back in the water if you want to so somebody can win a club tx with it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:00 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

stink, I should have known that i would have to take a little heat from avid C&R fishermen. As i stated I release over 99% and with the exception of the pic fish and the spot that my brother kept.. all is well.

lilearl, I dont disagree with the eggs figures, however nearly all of those eggs would not make it through fry stage.

Jojo, maybe the PCB's have affected both the fish and me.. haha.

Triton03, I checked my PM and saw nothing.. I will send you one. you can respond to that.

to anyone else, what's done is done... all since have been released as before the pics. so all is well. like blaze said if you dont like the show change the channel. May the wind be at your back and the sun to your face....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:36 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Travis, I sent it to the wrong name. I just sent a PM to the right one.

Jason

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:32 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Well I think I will go this morning on Greenwood and Control the Population. If I can catch one and he or she looks like a fillet, big or little they may see a blade. Cause pond or lake some are going to get eat and that just helps too keep things in balance. We all say there is a shortage of fish, but when they do creel checks and surveys the data shows a different result. OR ARE YOU LYING WHEN ASKED? Then when DNR shocks the fish for testing some of you would be surprised at the amount that they bring to the top. No shortage of large mouths just a shortage of peoples able to catch them. Yep me sometimes. :mrgreen:

Basshole eat what you want. The crappie fishermen eat every bass they catch, because the bass are eating all the crappie. :-D

Hell it's time to climb on another cod sack, or piss and moan about some thing else. :roll:

Catch and Release or Keep and Fillet, do what you think. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!