[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Hartwell pigs...
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:29 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hartwell pigs...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:53 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Me and ole' blaze and bass went out and wacked'em today so we decided that since we are havin the 2nd annual fish fry and beer drinkin rally that we would keep a few.. just so happens that we decided to keep a few hogs... take a look.. the smallest pictured is four # and the sal is 8#. we had 3 that went 16# what a day..

Attachments:
Hawg  Fishpic.jpg
Hawg Fishpic.jpg [ 139.16 KiB | Viewed 28029 times ]

Post subject: Re: Hartwell pigs...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:55 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Please take note of the broken finger that I damn near lost from a skidsteer 2 weeks ago.. she hurt like the dickens to reel her in...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:21 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

When you gonna quit taking all them big fish home, dang man, leave some for the rest of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:30 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Why could you not have let that big fish live? It would be better to keep some smaller ones to eat. They are better tasting. You and your brother have took two really good fish out of Hartwell. If everyone was like you two we would only have 12 inch fish to catch.

PLEASE PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE. ESPECIALLY WITH THOSE BIG FISH.

GO TO KEOWEE AND GET RID OF SOME OF THOSE SMALL SPOTS IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO EAT.

IT MAKES ME SICK TO SEE BIG FISH LIKE THAT KILLED FOR NO GOOD REASON.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:33 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

About that broken finger, maybe you will brake the rest of them and not be able to kill any more quality fish this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:08 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

uh oh, cant wait to see how he responds to that.....think you might have took that a little too far.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:13 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

TO: TRITON03--- AS I DONT FEEL THAT I NEED TO JUSTIFY MYSELF TO YOU.. I WILL HOWEVER LET YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS THE SECOND TIME IN ABOUT SEVEN YEARS THAT I HAVE KEPT FISH ( I RELEASE OVER 99% OF MY FISH).. I CANT HELP THAT YOU HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME CATCHING QUALITY FISH MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE NOTE :shock: :shock: ... AS FOR KEEPING FISH, THAT IS NO MORE YOUR BUSINESS THAN IT IS TO ANYBODY ELSE.. LIKE I SAID THIS FISH FRY IS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND BUD, YOU ARE NEITHER :cry: :cry: ... AS FOR THE BROKEN FINGER,, MAYBE YOU ARE LITTLE JEALOUS THAT I CAN LAND BIGGER FISH WITH BROKEN FINGERS THAN YOU CAN LAND WITH BOTH OF YOUR :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: HANDS... THE ONLY WAY I MIGHT BREAK ANOTHER IS IF YOU CANT LEARN TO KEEP YOUR NOSE ON YOUR OWN FACE... IF THIS ANSWER DOESN'T SUIT YOU FEEL FREE TO PM AND WE WILL DISSCUSS THIS... :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:31 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

OH AND BY THE WAY,, HAVE A HAPPY EASTER... DONT PUT ALL OF YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET TODAY!!! Andrew ill call you on monday..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:57 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

what kind of fish got fried for the 1st fish fry and beer drinkin' rally? just curious i hear the white perch in hartwell are delicious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:45 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

The first one was a few years ago and they were largemouth from a pond (in TR) that had become overpopulated and was a study by DNR so the owner asked us to keep a few so we had a fish fry and it kinda just took hold. This year will be several "jacks" and one cuda that we caught late last summer in FL + the few that we have kept this year. wanted to first have enough fish and 2nd to have both fresh and salt water fish. Might end up
I have never tried the perch.. i dont think that i have ever caught one either. Do you have to use live bait? if so, what kind? thanks. Travis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:56 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

drop a jig on 'em

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:19 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Is there a DNR biologist that is a member fo this board. Maybe he could weigh in on the catch and release vs, keepem and eatem issue. I have read articles that were pro on both sides of the issue. Sorta similar to not taking does from a deer herd.

I practice C & R because I don't like the taste or smell of fish. Yes, I know what I'm missing :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:03 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

To BassHole, I probably should not have said what I said about your finger. For that comment I apologize. But trust me I'm in no way jealous of you. I have caught my share of quality fish. Some a lot bigger than the one you killed. I'm having a tough year this year but it is the first in a long time.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is what I did I stated my opinion on catch and release.

By the way you can take your little idle threat and shove it up your bass hole. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:36 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Just think of the lake as a BIG pond. We all know what happens to a pond if you never take the fish out, they all become Big. To keep the pond in proper balance some fish in both sizes need to be taken out and eaten. No issue here with eating the fish and some times no matter what you do the big ones die and it would be better to eat it than just throw it back, unless you want to feed the turtles.

The issue I have is with some jack a$$ keeping them and selling them. So eat all you want, but if yous is selling them then the MAN will be knocking on your door.

EAT FISH, SAVE A CHICKEN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:42 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

with that concept it wouldn't take long for Hartwell to turn into Russell or Keowee, those 20# bags at tx's would turn into 12-14#bags it's just hard to kill something that wins you money, JMO