[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - 'pre-stinking' your plastics
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:33 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:09 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:25 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

:hmm: :hmm: Sounds like ya'll are making stink baits for Catfish with those magic formulas. Now since Trickworms are already scented with Anise Oil according to Zoom which I have never opened up a bag and actual been able to smell it which is probably because they have laid on a shelf some warehouse for a couple years before they got shipped the smart thing to do would be to rescent them with Anise Oil but then that is only my opinion. I would try and go back with the scent that the bait maker states is in the baits to begin with. Since a Bass's scent and smelling abilities is about 100 times better than humans they will not only smell the Garlic or Crawfish scents you added but they will also smell the scents that the bait maker put in them in the beginning and also taste all the different products also. You have no idea what it tastes like but old Mr Bass does cause he's tried to eat it. All bait companies brag about having scents in their baits but the only two companies I have actually been able to smell is Chompers which if you stick you nose in a bag of their Garlic baits and sniff you will burn all your nose hairs out because that is one company that does believe in putting Garlic in their baits. The other is Berkley Power baits. You can smell the scents in their baits but if you buy the Power bait scent in the can it also smells different because of the shelf life of the Power baits before they ever get shipped to stores. Did I mention that my baits are fresh made when ordered and come to you un scented so you can use the scents of your choice and not be mixing different scent together. I'm with Booger on the Nuke method. I would not be doing that myself cause you may be baking the scent in but you also may be scorching the baits and even though you can't see it you can bet the bass can smell the burnt odor.That is one of the reasons I like Crossbows scents. He uses all natural ingredients in his scents from the Garlic oil to the Honey. All natural.
Now I will share this with ya'll since your into scenting your baits. If your gonna use Garlic fine, go to Krogers and Buy Pam cooking spray in the Garlic scent, It's cheaper and it is all natural and fit for human consumption. Oh yea Bass Like the Butter flavored Pam also. Now if your going after the big hawgs you really have to offer them something special and ain't nothing better than Country Ham. Yep Bass love Country Ham a lot. Many bait companies claim to have pork fat in their baits but it don't smell like pork to me so not sure what it smells like to the bass. I know NET BAITS say they have Pork fat in theirs but it smells more like Anise Oil than pork.
Now for you guys that are really serious and you want to scent your baits try to find baits that you cannot smell any scents what so ever when you open the bag if that is possible unless you buy someones hand pours unscented. After you have got the baits you want to scent go to any store that sells country ham and by some of those end cut slices with all the fat on them. Trim the fat off and place the fat in the bags of baits and place them up high on a table or carport roof is even better and leave them there for about a week in the hot sunlight and allow the sun to cook the country ham fat into the baits. After the baits get ready remove the baits from the pork bag and rebag them and put more baits back in the bags with the Pork and let them get scented also. I have used this process for about 20 years and it seems to work really good when nothing else will and when fish bite the baits they will hold on. All natural scents work best. JMHO but if you try it I think you will like it cause the bass do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:31 pm 

I've pre-stunk before, but never tried Pam or country ham. It's a rainy day here, so I'm headed to the grocery store for ham an gonna try it.Hope to get some sun before going to Wylie on Friday and Saturday.