[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Line Winding in Your Boat
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:56 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:20 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:10 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

That is a good idea. I also like to be able to respool on the water. I was in Dicks Sporting Goods a couple months back. They had a spoller with a big suction cup. You can just stick to the side of the boat and you are set to respool. The best thing it was less than $10. It works great. Has springs to put tension on the line.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:08 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I have one of those also Triton03 and i love it. You can store really easy and that suction cup works great and you can apply what ever amount of tension you want to the spool. In fact I have two of them because I use one at home. I can't remember where I got mine but I have had them about 5 years now. I think they came from BPS and were about 10 bucks. i'm like JOJO about the line. I never throw it in the water like I've seen alot of guys do. I have even gone behind guys and picked it up out of the water if I see them throw is in and can get to it before it sinks and then some times I will cast a crank bait and hook it and bring it in. That line like that will sure get the shaft bushings in a trolling motor real quick. I check my Trolling motor after each trip. I pull the prop and remove any line I have picked up in it. Line cost me about $300.00 bucks once for a new motor and I ain't taken no chances on it again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:34 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Not sure is this tip is any better than the previuosly mention but I know it works.

Take a bucket, ice bucket as previously mentioned would work just fine, fill it about half full of water. Drop the spool of line in the bucket and real away. The water will provide all the tension that you would need and keep the spool from turning over.

I have done this several time in my saltwater days.

swr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:39 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Some good stuff here

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:31 am 

I always just throw the spool in the lake and let it sink a little bit and start reeling. This has always worked for me. May be a little rough getting your spool out of the cold water in the winter time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:04 pm 

Shakey, :hmm: That might work on those 300 yard spools but if I thow one of my one pound spools with 3000 yards on it over into the lake you know where it's going and I just don't think I want to thow $80.00 bucks worth of line in the lake and take chance on getting it back........... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:30 am 

This is true softy. I usually just buy the 900 yard spools. My tournament partner and I have talked about getting some bulk spools. I have not seen many bulk spools of PLine and suggestiond or just get the local tackle shop to order.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:53 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:56 pm