[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Cousin told me last week somebody swipped some of his bass gear.
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:43 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:36 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

3 months back he bought 4 new Cumara and Curado combos. After a long day on the lake he forgot to lock up or bring them in. That night their dog was barking like no tomorrow but the wife didn't bother waking him up. The next morning lone and behold the combos plus his tackle box all grew legs. Everything estimated at $2000+.

Was talking, we would of hate to catch that lucky person in the act. They'd might of had to send an ambulance instead of patrol car. Cousin lives in a very quiet and decent neighborhood. Lesson learned, lock up / put away your stuff, trust the dog, light motion detectors, and LAND MINES (J/K).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:09 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

the other day i got home from work about 1am. i took a shower and was just getting in bet at about 1:45 and i hear the dog start going nuts.. about that time i hear someone sound like they are beating my door down.. i grabbed the pistol and met the police at the door.. well someone had called and reported my dog for barking.. first off the dog dont bark unless there is a reason. well he proceeds to tell me that a dog barking is against a county ordanance. no dogs can bark after 10.. WTF?? that is the whole reason i got a dog..and another thing.. why in the hell would my neighorb call and report that?? out of 8 people that live around me there are 6 dogs.. so how was it pin pointed on my dog.. also if he is barking there is prolly a good reason for it.. but when my and the popo was talking on the porch he said "see is is barking now" while his car lights are on bright right in to the back yard and his radio is going off and we are on the porch talking.. i had to tell him no shit he is barking that is what i want him to do...the reason i have him is so that the wife and kids will know if someone is out side when i am not home..he tells me that i could get a $500 fine if he had to come back to my house for that again.. this baffels me that someone would call about that and also that the county would fine you for this..

i know this aint about getting bass gear stolen but when i read the deal about "trust the dog" it reminded me of that night.. trust the dog but make sure he dont bark after 10pm of you will get fined :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:36 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I think I told yall about my dog Casey chewing that mexican up about a year ago when him and a buddy came into the carport to steal some gear out of my boat. Casey took a big chunk of meat out of the calf of the guys leg and when he tried to hit her with his hand she got hold of his hand and extracted two fingers. His buddy ran and hid when I came out of the house with My sawed off Pump shotgun and cell phone. the guy jumped up in my boat and bled all over it from dog wounds. The guy kept screaming at Casey until I told him to shut up cause the dog don't understand spanish. Called the cops and they said they would get someone down as soon as they could get someone free. I told teh dispatcher not to be in any hurry. I would just blow the SOB's head off and he would be in the boat when they got around to sending someone cause I was going back to bed. She began screaming intot eh phone for me not to shoot him, help was on the way and I told her to send a meat wagon too cause the guy was bleeding real bad. I told them about his burry running over and hiding in the neighbors yard behind a building and offered to release Casey off the run cable and she could go flush him out for them and they looked at the guy being tended to by the ambulance people and they said no don't bother , we have a K-9 on the way. Guess they didn't want Casey munching on any more TACO's.
King, I would find out who filed the complaint. There have been a few cases here in Gallatin where cops have shown up to talk to dog owners about their dogs barking and when they put them up Thieves hit them a night or two later cause the dog has been put up and not able to do what they are suppose to do and that is guard your property. The cops in Gallatin will not respond to barking dog complaints any more after that took place unless it is the dog owner calling about a problem with someone outside the home that the dog is barking at.