[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Well, it is finally over. NOW WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:20 am 

We now have a new President Elect. After all the money spending and name calling
and mudd slinging, what will happen now?

He did not get my vote , but as an American I feel it is my duty to support this man
but also prey for this man and hope he can turn this country around!

Just curious about what ever body else thinks!

Do you think he is a fisherman :?: :?: :?:

GOD BLESS THE USA :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not sure but hopefully it cant get any worse..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:52 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

i sure hope he can do something good about the economy and produce some good paying jobs. dont know much bout his moral standings but what he believes wont change me anyway. hope he leaves guns and ammunition alone! he didnt get my vote either but he is still our president but i dont think either one of them is too smart cuz who woud want to take over the leadership of our country at a time like this! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NOT ME!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:12 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

thought mccain's farewell was very compelling and sincere, guess i'll have to get a second job so i can afford the taxes we are about to encounter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:45 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Obama won my vote and weither he does a good job or not, I just want to see some history in the making.

Hey lil earl,
I guess you missed the part where Obama stated that he will only raise taxes for those who make over 250,000 a year. Unless your making that much per year, I don't think you'll need a second job. :thumbs_up:

Try this http://taxcut.barackobama.com/ and see if you are really going to be hurt with taxes and check your sources. :thumbs_up:

Under the Obama Plan:
Middle class families will see their taxes cut – and no family making less than $250,000 will see their taxes increase.

Families making more than $250,000 will pay either the same or lower tax rates than they paid in the 1990s.
:thumbs_up:

As far as guns and ammo goes, they'll be to busy with Recession, Iraq, and Energy that our right to bear arms would be the last thing on their list of worries.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:18 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

One Man didn't get us into the mess were in and one Man is not going to get us out. Moses could not get the people to follow him into the promised land, even with God's commandments....no different today.

Goodyear tire is closing plants and laying off thousands but will increase production overseas to fill the holes and lower costs...if you don't have a job, taxes are not a problem...
Probably by mid-Jan will tell how bad of shape we are in for the coming year...meanwhile lets hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:46 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

Looks like we're back to car commercials. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:04 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:54 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:23 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:34 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:04 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:25 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:35 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Hey guys, I'm not saying Obama is going to solve our problems. Remember now, he's not technically in office yet, and you guys make it seem like the US problems are started by him.

In response to Boogerman,
Yep he changed things, we shuting some more machines down and they are expected not to run all of 2009. Go ahead and tax the big business and find out what will happen. You over tax people and the cuts are going to happen. The man at the top is going to cut the ones below.

30 years and may be looking for a job.

Did Obama do this to you?? I think your jobs our closing down because of the current President.

In response to RM,
You will see increased taxes if you are a middle class citizen no matter what cause someone is going to pay for the things he wants to do. He wants to give everyone healthcare and that is going to be a hugh bill also. The super rich will pay more but so will all of us in one form or another. He won so we'll all just have to wait and see how he does it now. He was asked by alot of people how he planned to pay for it but he has yet to answer. All he said was he was going to change things. Lets hope it works out well for all of us. RM

Wouldn't you rather help an AMERICAN with health care than send BILLIONS of dollars to help out countries who don't even want us there or our help such as Iraq and Afghanistan.

In response to Peanut,
One Man didn't get us into the mess were in and one Man is not going to get us out. Moses could not get the people to follow him into the promised land, even with God's commandments....no different today.

Your right, Obama is not going to solve all our problems, but AMERICA voted him in to help tackle all that he can.

Goodyear tire is closing plants and laying off thousands but will increase production overseas to fill the holes and lower costs...if you don't have a job, taxes are not a problem...

You might as well tax companies who are making all the money, because weither you like it or not, if they are going to move to other countries to save money because of greed. Think about it, if you owned a production company, wouldn't you rather move to Mexico or China because you have to pay an American 12.00 per her, and over their, you can pay 3.00 per hour.

In resonse to SCLakes,

Your right, it can't get any worse because its already bad.

In response to Jojo-SC,
Your need some help buddy. Fish more, complain less. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time. :mrgreen: :lol: :-D :thumbs_up:

Thanks Everyone!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:59 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

J o-JO. I'm with you. Where are we circling the wagons??? I got an AR-15, a 45 and 2 12 Ga. with 3/0.

Slang--Unless you fish everyday I fish more than you and I'm pissed at my House and Senate and I'm not getting over it anytime soon.
Is Warren Buffet really that knowledgeable about economics or just an opportunist who got lucky a couple of times :?: :?: When you have his kind of money do you really have to worry about making a million dollar mistake :?: :?: That is like me losing a Sebile to a striper in Jocassee :roll: :roll: :roll:

B.O is going to THROW more money at education :roll: :roll:

The Unholy trio of Pellosi, Reid and Obama will push thru health care for EVEY child in the US whether they are LEGAL or not. You think the minority birth rate isn't going to soar :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: Along with our taxes :shock: :shock:

9 Major cities have asked the Treasury Dept. for loans to cover their budget shortfalls :hmm: :hmm: Why don't they just cut services :shock: Oh the uproar that would cause but nobody is screaming about the bailouts :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I don't know how the Royal Triumvirate expect to pay for UTOPIA. Obama never answered the question when it was posed.

Besides, as we use less and less oil by shutting down and cutting back mfg. China and India etc. will be buying up that oil and fuel cost are going up so when we come out of this Recession ,if we do,our fuel costs will be going up and I predict that gasoline will be more per gallon than we recently experienced. :roll: :roll:

EVERYONE ASSUME THE STARTING POSITION :!: :!: Bring big VASOLINE or KYJ if you prefer that :mrgreen:

See ya the DAY AFTER. If I can bring anything let me know :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next