[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Just Thinking!!!
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just Thinking!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:18 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well, winter returned again today to Tennessee and it is already suppose to be Spring. Everytime Winter bares it's fang this time of year I think about AL Gores Nobel Prize on Global Warming and the EPA it makes me mad. Americans have all been blamed for Global Warming. They put most of the blame on the cars and trucks we drive that are using Fossil Fuels. Then it was our wives hair spray in aresol cans. Then it was RF 12 Freon in our car air conditioners and the list just kees on growing. Now we have paid the price everytime for these changes Gasolene is priced so high many folks can't drive, Hair Spray comes in pump bottles and Rf 12 has been priced where it once was $1.00 a can to $50.00 a can and RF 134A was invented to replace the RF 12 for $7.00 a can. Now if you look at this and believe this I have some Ocean Front Property just 20 miles south of Nashville I would like to sell you! Now smog is tha fault of air polutions also caused by our fossil fuels and it hangs over all of our major cities like fog. Last week I read an article that said some of the worst air pollutions reading in the country was found lingering over and in the Smokiy Mountains. Gosh I didn't know thay had that much industry and auto traffic in the Smokies. Not that leads me to real question these tests that are being done by or EPA. As for the Global Warming. That is believed to be caused by the large hole in our Ozone which again is caused by the products listed above. Now if the air pollution is near ground level in major cities and now the Smokey Mountains thats pretty far away from the Ozone. The hole in the Ozone is over Mexico and the Smoky Mountains are 2500 miles away from the Ozone hole. Where is the connection? What could possibly be causing poor air quality the Smokey Mountains? Wood stoves they use for heat and cooking, Moon Shine Stills, to many old cars running around on those old Mountain roads? It is all just a line of Crap to keep getting those big money grants for those over paid employees of the EPA to keep their jobs. Reasearch on the hole in the Ozone said that is was discovered in the late 50's but was small and not much danger. They scientists realized that the hole had increased greatly by the late 60's. By the mid 80's it was 25 times larger than when it was discovered in the 50's. Now would anyone like to guess how many times our Government and the Governments of other countries that joined the race for space and conquering the Moon have punched holes in our Earths atmosphere sending those rockets through it along with the Ozone? Then came the space Shuttle and the consturction of the space station. That quaddupled the trips in and out of the atmosphere and now it is alsmost every month that the shuttle makes trips in and out of the atmosphere because they are trying to complete the Space Station by the year 2010. They have said once completed the space shuttles will be scrapped. No does that mean that anyone left up there when it's completed stays there or does it mean it will be an unmanned space station. Has anyone ever exlained just exactly what the space station is designed to do. What happen if something malfunctions on it if unmanned and is in need of repair. I have hear rumors of smaller space capsule type missiles that we first used to send man in space will be used to send up a TV repair man to repair that multi Billion dollar Government toy. That means more holes punched in the Atmosphere. Now to sum it all up. Our fossil fuel automobiles, hairsprays and Rf 12 Freon caused that hole in the Ozone but the launching of over 4000 rockets and space launches in general puching thousands of holes in the Ozone had no effect on it what so ever. I'm sorry but I think the Feds have been lying to us for a long time but I may be wrong. :idea: :hmm: :hmm: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re: Just Thinking!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:36 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Can you say SPY Station? The only reason I can see for any of that thing in Space is a SPY Station.

If they would Stop Cutting Trees, Stop Putting Down so Much Asphalt and Cemment you would see a "CHANGE".

Plant Trees and Dredge out the Lakes so you will be able to store more water and create more shade.

If they would dredge the Lakes and create more holding space for the water during times of need.

Just think how many more jobs you could create with these type Green Projects. Planting Trees means go Green and Digging out some of the shallow areas on each lake would give each reservoir more water capacity. But hey I am not a Rocket Man, so why spend and create jobs to save the Earth when you are worried about what is on the Moon. :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :-D

Johnny Appleseed Planted them and Washington chopped them down. :shock:

We Love Big Cities and Super Highways and Big Shopping Malls.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Who Likes dirt roads and Big Deep Water Lakes?? :roll: :hmm: :mrgreen: :-D

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject: Re: Just Thinking!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am 

I couldn't agree more Booger than with what you are saying but that is not going to happen. To much money is being spent going the other way. Prime example took place here in Gallatin and is still happening. On Old Hickory lake back in the early 90's we had a weed growth on Old Hickory that could give Guntersville a real run for the money with big fish. Also along the creek banks were big beatuiful Farms and cows grazing and they would walk out and coll them selves in the lake along the shores. Then the heads of these big farm families began dying off after many generations and as they did the forsale signs began showing up on the shore lines in the creeks and the weeds began leaving and the cows began to leave also. In 2002 there were now water weeds in Old Hickory lake and Construction began on these beautiful old farms. The land was all cleared the banks of the creeks were all cleaned up and Riprapped with huge chunk rock and milti million dollar housing developements sprung up out of the ground 5 to 10 at a time with 2.5 million dollar price tags on these homes. Homes that are so large that at night you can troll past them and watch big screen TV's while fishing. Big screens in every room. Prime I/4 acre tracts sold for 1.5 million before a house was even built and in the middle of one of these developements is an 18 hole golf course. All of the big beautiful old Oak trees were just bulldozed down and burned to give the home owners nice views of the lake. Well he you have about 100 homes that are selling for 2.5 million on average and all of that beautiful land destroyed, all the weeds gone and many of these homes that were sold are now in foreclosure. All those folks that jumped in over their heads are now jumping out. It all stems back to the almighty dollar. Thing about it is many homes are in foreclosure yet the contractor is still building new ones in there everyday. What part of Stupid does the guy not understand? That is not the only project underway around here. On the highway between Gallatin and Nashville 3 more big beautiful farms fell to the almighty dollar and the same type housing developes are being built on those farms also and 85% of those houses are also in foreclosure or never been sold and they are still building more in all of them. I guess I am missing something here but I thought the country was in a financial struggle at the present time but these builders must know something the rest of the country does not know is all I can figure. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: