SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Profound short paragraph
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Profound short paragraph:

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

What one person received without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it........

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:07 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

No but if one guy is broke and another is well off and the 2 go to eat, common sense tells us the one well off needs to pick up the check......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:35 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

That depends on why the one guy is broke.... And if he's really broke then priority has to tell him not to go to Outback..... maybe just Jack in the Box :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:29 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

PeanutMan @ Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 am wrote:
No but if one guy is broke and another is well off and the 2 go to eat, common sense tells us the one well off needs to pick up the check......

If I ask a friend or aquaintance if they want to go eat and they say no I am broke I will pay for thier meal. The friends I have would never order a steak on my tab unless I insisted. I have given money to many charities and down and out aquaintances when I can. But to make me pay because I have worked hard and made it is totally different. Why not just come to my home with a gun and take whatever you want? I have no problem helping a guy who is trying hard to make ends meet but if you are sitting there with your hand out, I'll walk by unless I know you or feel you deserve it. I feel that way about our veterans. They served and deserve if they need. I do not feel that way just because someone has no money.

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:51 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I agree with Joe M. on this one but Peanut also had good points. I quit giving to any Charity Organizations with their hand out. 99% of them are ripping off the public. I learned some very important lessons back in 1990 that caused me great pain but also gave me faith. My son was dying and would only live about 6 months when the doctor said that we needed to get a special bed for my sons needs because he was in danger of bed sore developement unless he was rolled from side to side every 30 minutes 24/7. His Medicaid would not pay for the bed cause it cost $16,000.00 and would not rent or lease one either. My wife and I turned to the organizations that always have their hands out and are always advertising about all the good things they do for people in need. Well My son needed a bed. Didn't need to buy it, a rented one would work just as well. We turned first to United Way and they turned us down saying they were not equipt for that kind of help., Then went to Easter Seals, same story, March of Dimes, same story, Scottish Rights, same story, Shriners, Same story, Sisters of Charity, Same story. Big Brothers did say that they did not do things like that but they did express and interest in the need for a program of that nature. Well the people which I gave to most of my life every time I would see one on a fund raising tour selling apples or Shriners paper drives. I gave to United way every pay day money came out of my check for them. My choice to do so. After going through the entire phone and getting no's We gave up but our friends stepped up and knowing the situation their was friends at my home 24/7 and everyone took shifts rolling Doug from side to side so Margie and I could get some sleep. When Doug passed away he did not have one bed sore because of the vigorous help from friends and family. Three days after my sons death a knock on the door came and it was Big Brothers Of Nashville. They did a number of fund raisers and got enough money to purchase a bed for my son. I thanked him and informed him that my son had passed away and was buried the previous day. The man stood on my door step and tears rolled down his cheeks. He said he was very sorry for our loss and I asked him how much room he had in his truck and he said alot. I said good, I have something for you. I took him into my sons room and he and his two helpers spent the next three hours loading hospital equipment into their truck that my insurance had bought before it ran out. I gave them a fully automated hospital bed, A Kangaroo Feeding machine designed for his tube feeding, An oxygen Manufacturing Machine, A suctions system designed for Lung fluid Suctioning, 50 cases of High energy food Supplements in 10 oz cans, 25 cases of adult bed chucks, 24 cases of adult disposable diapers, 2 custom made wheel Chairs, and all I asked in return for this is that they continued to work on developing a program that would provide special needs beds for people in need of them in the homes. The man assured me that they had plans on doing exactly that when they raised the funds for Dougs bed. They even went so far as the name the program Doug 's Beds. Each year they raise funds and purchase 1 new bed. Each year they swap between a Mediscus bed and a Clinitron Bed and right now they have 19 beds in use. I send them $100.00 every January to kick off the next fund raiser that year. I later found out from a friend that was connected to the Shriners that at the time the Shriners turned us down they had 25 new beds stored in the basement of the Childrens Hospital not even being used. I have not given 1 dime to Charity except Big Brothers of Nashville since I did an extensive investigation only to learn that if you give a dollar to any of those other charities 85 cents of every dollar you give goes to administrative salaries and advertising which means they all operate just like PETA. A few people in them make big bucks and the rest is done by volunteers. If you feel comfortable giving to a charity by all means continue to. I don't so I won't. I won't even give Blood to the Red Cross after all that blood and money was raised for 9/11 victims which most of the money dissappeared and was never accounted for and about 80% of the blood was destroyed because they did not have the storage capacity for it all and rather than give it to hospitals that had plenty of storage they destroyed it and threw it out. You would be surprised at what you can learn about all of these charities if you do the research on them. I will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up many times. Sorry for the book...... :hmm: