[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Health Care/Robbery
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Health Care/Robbery
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Just got a notice that my monthly health care premium is increasing $235 a month starting next month. Just like that..like a drug pusher figuring I have to have it so charge outrageous price. This should be against the law. (nothing changed for that kind of increase)
Would like to see this crap stop. Just because I am self employed and 61 they are sticking it to me. Just for myself it cost me more than my boat-truck or mortgage :angry: The CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield should be fired and the Board too! The health insurance industry needs restructuring now!

I hope CHANGE comes in a big way-now! Ain't no difference between any of us that pay taxes when it comes to healthcare....me, you or conservative Senator blindguide.

"Mr President, start to fix health care cause it's insane costs' are making alot of us poorer or force us to go without health care. Health insurers are raping us and no one is stopping them."

Post subject: Re: Health Care/Robbery
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

sounds to me like someone at blue shield needed a new BMW :angry: :angry:

I aqgree with you IT IS A RIPOFF and needs to be stopped :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:03 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Sorry to hear they are stabbing you in the back Jeff. You might do a little investigating to see if everyone that Blue Cross provides coverage for got a similar or same increase. It is illegal for them to single out certain policy holders for an increase. They are required to go up on everyone or no one. I had dealings with them when my son had his accident. My family was insured through Blue Cross through my employer and about 4 months into my sons case when they realized that his case was going to max out his pay allotment for the policy which was
3 million dollar accidental injury coverage so they contacted St Thomas Hospital and told them they are discontinuing his coverage at the end of that month even though the preminums were still being paid. In my hand book it stated that Blue Cross/Blue Shield could not discontinue coverage during a benefit period and that was exactly what they were doing. They decided it would be cheaper to fight me in court than it would be to pay his bills. My lawyer changed their minds with just one trip to Chattanooga and a talk with their board of directors and he told them to prepare to be sued for 550 Million dollars and laid the suit in front of the CEO. He then explained that the court trial would be held in Nashville and the Television News and all news papers would be in the court room when they brought my son up in front of the jury while on Life support surrounded by his doctors and nurses and he wanted the Insurance company and or their lawyers to explain to the jury and the judge just exactly why they were attempting to discontinue his coverage during a benefit period even when it is in print in their own hand book stating that cannot do it. 30 minutes later my lawyer was informed that my coverage for my son would continue un interrupted till the full terms of the policy had been met. They ended up paying a tad over 3 million dollars. That is why I don't like Insurance Companies at all. You might get an Investigative Reporter from a news network to begin an investigation into why such a large increase is needed and find out if they are singling out certain groups for these increases. Sometimes when to much attention is drawn towards things like this the company will back off and not go through with their plans. It's a free investigation if you can get the news network to go after them. Our Channel 5 News team up here has a Go for the Juggler Vein investigative Reporter that won't back down from any one or be bullied by anyone. Just an idea. Again sorry to hear that they are screwing you again buddy. If I could help in any way you know I will. I will write letters to my Congressmen and women and my Senators. I wrote an email to Bob Corkers Office about the discussion about increasing the Ethanol in Gas and last week a rep from Corkers Office contacted me by phone and we discussed it for well over and hour and he said that I did offer some very good opposition to the increase amounts and provided proof of the damage it would do and Bob Corker was going to be using some on my information in his discussion and was going to vote against the increase. I was kind of shocked that they called but it does prove that they do read and answer emails. Just let me know what you want me to do to help buddy and it will get done God Willing.
Softy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:14 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Don't worry YOUR President will take care of this for you and his health care program will pass congress within 6 months then your rate will drop dramatically or disappear.

Your income tax might go up a titch though.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:22 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

At 61 Larry even I know that the new president will deal with the outrageous increase in health insurance premiums by "CEO'S & BOARDS GONE AMUCK" by greedy self-serving/self-righteous people with power.
We have been heading this way for YEARS..with "YOUR" people in power the last 8, not doing enough to prevent this from happening either...and all I hear is the same garbage of one side blaming the other. :roll:
Talk about being presumptious, those self-serving crooks think their right :shock:
We have no one to blame but ourselves-they think we're stupid and we keep believing their speech..proof is their all still in office...well, almost all.
ps i already pay enormous taxes...so what? I got friends that don't have a job anymore..you think they are worried about taxes? Folks with half a million and over worry about taxes...most of us don't. I'd rather pay another 500 a year in tax than get raped by a greedy company for another $235 A MONTH above what they are already raping me every month :!: :angry: :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:24 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:10 am 

Come on Joe, Do you honestly think they care about folks our age that have now or are close to becoming a burden on an already stretched Budget. They would rather put a bullet in us than give us anything we worked 30 of 40 years to earn. They hope and pray that most people over 60 died so they don't have to pay them anything or do for them. I hope to live to be 110 just to pizz them off....... :hmm: :hmm:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:33 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Have learned to despise ALL politicians :angry: Truly, they are blind leading the blind.

Healthcare is costing me 997 a month for MYSELF, while my taxes pay for THEIR
health plan, which is much better than mine and for which they pay very little.
Now they all argue, lie and fuss and after that they are going to ask you and me to believe them and VOTE for them :shock: :roll: Talk about VANITY!

Every one of those hypocrites should be demanding that all taxpayers get the same healthcare as they do for the same price. If you don't hear that, then everything you do hear from anyone of them is a lie and if you lie about one thing...you lie about everything...and if you believe your lie then your deceived.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:25 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Feel your pain Jeff, with the health care issue. :angry: When I was working it was high, but when I get laidoff and then terminated, becuase they no longer needed me, it went even higher. :angry:

Well the Stimulus Package came out and after fighting with a company up North to send me the paper work, it finally came. I Filled it out and still haven't heard any thing from them about it, yep I can not afford the 865 a month, so just praying no accident or any thing major (SWINE FLU) until I can return to work. The ones that continually called you for a vote, want talk to you at this time. :angry:

Nobody out there can explain where all the money that was placed out there on the so called STIMULUS MONEY is, but yet you hear all the time how many million dollar BONUSES were handed out. :angry:

Hey if one of you BUTT HOLES is reading or surfing a FISHING web site and have a Friend or should I say one of the A$$ HOLES that we elected Please tell him to read or call one of us, cause I would like to set down and "BUY" him lunch. :mrgreen:

AUTO INDUSTRY or BANKS are the only people the elected officials seem to be worried about. :angry:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:49 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

We know that millions are suffering and without hope for any healthcare and if you can afford it you can still go broke with a major medical problem even with your insurance. Since most in washington have been there for a while, and have not done anything about the problem, it is very doubtful, even now, that they will work together to overhaul the whole medical system for the good of the people.
The most industrialized nation in the world and the only one that does not have healthcare for it's citizens (while it's citizens pay for the nations leaders to have it....SICK)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:22 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

I know I am not smart enough to know how to fix it. But I also know the government hasn't shown they can develope a cost effective plan either. Anything the government runs doesn't work right. They can't even get our troops the equipment they need to fight the war. I look at Flood Insurance as another example. The Feds subsidise those who live in flood areas with flood insurance. Made sense until I realized I am paying for the wealthy peoples beach front homes that keep getting destroyed by storms with my tax dollars. Plus they get a tax break for owning the house and if I want to rent it for a week it costs me 1500 bucks for a week. If they want a beach front home let them pay to rebuild it every 5 yrs. All that is no better than people having to pay so much for health insurance. Special interest and lobbyists have too much influence and the political people won't do what is best for the average person. I don't want the government to provide me insurance, I want them to find out why it costs so much and work to reduce the cost so everyone can afford it. The government forced us into the new light bulbs and added ethanhol as a fix for energy. How do you think that worked out for us. No corn to feed the cows, and gas that won't work in older cars and boats and we still pay too much for gasoline.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:28 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Hope the Gov't does not scrap Socoal Security or Medicare...there are millions of retired folks who count on those Gov't programs, 2 good Gov't run programs (or at least better than any privatized-greedy-corp. run program)
Healthcare is a disaster and will break even the Gov't in the near future without a fix.
Who do you think this country has that can do it more fairly?; Banks, insurance co's,
wall street, private businesses? If I lose all trust in the Gov't I should go pay taxes somewhere else. If the Gov't can't fix healthcare..there is no other to fix it...and by the crap you hear in the news you can see many of the Govt leaders don't want to fix it :evil: There are some (many) in washington that don't even want to address
healthcare (and we voted for alot of them..real sick) Kind of tells you who is thinking about you.......
Healthcare for citizens should be a mandate not a priviledge (we pay for) in this country..and we better do a whole lot better job at that than we are doing with
energy, armor for hummers etc. Healthcare should be right there with Social Security and Medicare. My wife has hers and I will soon need mine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:56 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

I haven't gotten to Medicare yet but I am finally drawing my SS money. But let me tell you what I now know about SS and why I feel it is failing. I have a friend, Dave, who retired when I did. He married a younger lady who has a very good job. They have a combined income of about $200,000. a year today. She got pregnant and had a baby boy 6 yrs ago. Because dave is retired and has a son under 18 yrs old he gets an additional $700. from SS for this son. I have another friend named Stanley. Stanley adopted his unwed daughters son some years ago because that was the only way he could get healthcare insurance on the boy. Today Stanley is retired and he too gets an additional $700 a month for this adopted boy. SS was never intended to do things like this. When you look at the millions of grand parents who have adopted their childrens, children it is easy to see why SS is in deep trouble. I worry that anything the government runs always seems to end up giving away the farm. It didn't start that way but it is there now. Everyone wants changes but they need to be good changes that will help everyone, not just a fix that will cost trillions and not help the country as a whole. My grandson shouldn't get stuck paying for my SS when I paid in enough to cover me but not enough to cover a bunch of adopted kids or babys born to wealthy parents.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:36 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

We can all expect more of the same, whether from washington or private businesses. Famines, wars, terror, sickness, murder, hate, on and on... There will never be any man, business or gov't that can right the ship. The only and best way out is to find God while he may be found (while your here and breathing)..and for sure not many, if any, in washington or any other place are seeking him with all their heart, mind, soul and strength. So the situations today are a result of everything we have all sewn..and we get everything we deserve. Only Christ
received what he did not deserve.