[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Launching and weekend warriors
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:59 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I don't know that any of them would actually read the damn rules if they were posted on a billboard right in front of the ramp but there is going to be a killing if something is not done about these inconsiderate arse holes that want to pull down onto the launch ramp and then spend 20 minutes loading the boat with coolers and picnic supplies and all the other junk they want for day on the water and then go to teh bath rooms and change clothes then unhook all the tie downs before they actually launch the damn boat and eight times out of ten it is a pontoon boat with a crowd going on it. Old Hickory lake has about 35 boat ramps between Bull Creek and the dam and many of the have 3 ramps or two ramps and a few can even launch four boats at once and it never fails the Pontoon boats will show up at the launch ramps with on one or two ramps with the smallest parking lots or they will show up about the same time a tournament is trying to get out of the water and they will block everything. I would love to see Corps ot theTWRA(DNR) post big signs that read NOTICE!!!! ALL Preparation prior to actual launching is to be done in parking lot and not on boat ramp or ramp approach period!!!!! Anyone caught not following these rules will lose water priviledges for that day!!!!!! I know most idiots would not even see the sign until someone pointed it out to them but at least we could say to them HEY BUDDY CAN YOU READ and point to the signs. That would give us some way of justifying cussing them out when they don't follow the rules anyway. We deal with this at least 3 times every Sunday at Bulls Creek. The SMBCBT which has been staple event out of that ramp since 1985 and has about 100 boats each week and it never fails that at least 3 pontoon boats will show up right at noon when guys are tring to get their fish to the scales and 100 boats is trying to get out of the water and these Pontoons show up and will pull right into the middle of it all and begin preping the boats on the ramps. If I own a 30 foot pontoon boat an I pull into a parking lot and see about 100 boats and tons of activity going on I am driving through and out the other side and going up the road about 2 miles to the next ramp COMMON SENSE.............. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:58 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Same thing here, like last Fri. @ Secession...they was this cute little gal about 20 ish try'n to load her jet-ski on its trailor. Po' lil' thingy need 3 hands....2 for the jet-ski and at least 1 more to keep herself "contained" in her bikini bottom.....she'd tug down to hide the cheeks only to have the crack jump out, then tug up to cover the crack only for the cheeks to jump back out.....she was try'n to get 10# of 'taters in a 5# sack.....Bless her heart.

The way them pontooners pack up you'd think they was plan'n to invade some small country...LOL CYA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:34 am 

:hmm: I'm sure, being the gentleman you are JOJO you did go over and offer your assistance in helping the young lady either get the jet loaded or at least hold up them bottoms for her so she could load it........... :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
I know what you mean about the pontooners invading another country but all they plan on invading is the boat ramp and then the lake which once on the water they own it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:47 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

I don't know how to run a Jet-ski.....and I'm not allowed to run a tight young butt anymore ...

CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:47 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Well did you help her out JoJo or did you watch? Did you ask her if you could help with her bikini or not? You are my hero!!!!! Stink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:17 pm 

Well JOJO , that is two real good excuses for either helping her and not wanting to admit it or you didn't but really wanted too.......ROFLMAO :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:35 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I had it happen to me saturday. I was getting back in my truck after taking the straps off in the make ready lane. This guy jumps a head of me backs down the ramp and then gets out to take off his tie downs etc. I made sure he got the high beams the whole time he and his two buddies were unloading.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:36 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

JoJo you have my cell number and I'm soooo lonely :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Why is it after I push one for English I still can't understand The person on the other end?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:31 am 

your alot nicer than I am cooter. They would have got more from me than high beams. :hmm: Yep again I admit I am not Mr. Nice Guy........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

:D Cooter, try to do a better job of picking ramps :mrgreen: :razz:
PM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:36 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

It's High Rock PM - there are no choices :shock: :shock: :angry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:27 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:19 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:36 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:42 am 

yea it seems that they do it mostly during the week. It is not really a problem here except when the guys leaving his truck running on the ramp with windows down just offering it up to any one that would want to do something mean of even steel it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :hmm: :hmm: Just not a smart move :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: