[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - President Bush
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: President Bush
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:01 pm 

well now what gets me is that for the most part the american people think we are in iraq fighting terrorism the only terrorism we are fighting is saddam was getting ready to make a big oil deal with china and we were not going to get any of his oil i have talked to several returning soldiers that are sick at what is going on in iraq we have spent millions building up an infrastructure around the oil depots and have quite a few of our soldiers guarding it so the oil can flow freely into our ships which in turn we are paying the going price and oh yes the media is not allowed anywhere around these depots so with out the media there these soldiers are living the "high life" eating steak and lobster having damn near all the comforts of home while the rest of the gis are "patrolling" the streets "fighting terriorism" and getting their asses blown to bits by exremist not unlike a few thousand gis a generation ago in the jungles of vietnam and the whole time george w and his cronies are cashing huge defense contract checks and laughing all the way to the bank damn glad to be an american

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:45 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well, I begged people not to vote Bush into office and no one I know would listen Topdog. They rigged the first election Bush ran with Brother Jeb in Florida and with the absentee ballots not even being counted. Don't get me wrong cause I was not for Gore either and I voted the Independent ticket that time.That is where Bush and his cohorts worked the Electorial College to the max. How many people know that Gore won the Popular vote and actually got more votes over all then Bush but still did not get elected President. I knew if George W. got elected that we would be paying top dollar for gasolene before he left office and now that he has gas were he wants it and it raking in the big bucks with the oil and he does not give a damn what his rating are in the polls. That is why he is fighting so hard to stay the course in Iraq. He has way to much invested to quit before he ends his term as President and does not care how much damage he does to his republican party in the process. Now if you look close at how buddy buddy Bill Clinton and the Bush family have become. Do you think he is doing all the public showings with Daddy Bush for his health? He has been brought on board so the Bush Oil organization can have democratic influence on their side. You can bet Bill is working behind the scenes to help keep the Democrats leaning to Bush's side even though they are putting on one hell of a show for the American people yet even with a Democratic Congress Bush is still getting everything he wants. Sooner or later this is all going to leak out just like the Kennedy Assassination did. Only long after everyone that was involved in that murder was dead did it finally come out that it was an inside job but everyone connected to it was already dead so it didn't matter. Bush was going to go to Iraq regardless of 9/11. That just gave him a better excuse to go and he knew the American people would not question his reasons half as much now because he just used the war on terror to cover up his real reason for going. Yea he used the deaths of 4000 people on 9/11 to get at the oil in Iraq.
Now the price of Gasolene has been at peak many times since Bush took office and he has done not one thing to stop it. He has asked the American people to make sacrifices and use less but has not said one word to the oil companies about lowering it. We are now not just making sacrifices at the pumps but our military is being used for his private profits and lives are being lost for them also. Americans are now also making sacrifices in many other areas. Money that went for food now is going less for food and more for fuel to get back and forth to work. Food prices are also being effected by fuel costs. Well I guess I have said enough now to make someone want to blow my house up while I'm asleep so I will end this with saying that it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better if it ever does.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:00 pm 

well im glad to know someone else feels the same way i do about this situation! i have alot of freinds that voted for bush, and they still stand behind him on the iraq war.it tick's me of that so many people in this country can hear and believe every thing that one man or many men say a believe it! they dont have enough sense to read between the line's and realize what is realy going one here.if you ask me i think we should impeach bush out of office,and then prosecute him on war crimes for all these innocent solders that have lost there live because of his own personal gain.george bush has killed more american people for no reason than sadam did the whole time he was over iraq,and they hung him for that!

P.S: i say we hang the basstard!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:05 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:48 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:06 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:43 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:23 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:24 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:46 pm 

NDF. I have to differ with you on who is kiling this country. It is not the polictians that is killing this country. It is the People killing this country.Yes we do elect these people to office but what most people fail to realize is the People, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE also have the power at any time to remove these people from office also. They just don't do it. It is easier to just sit back and bitch and complain about them than it is to step up to the podium and say he or she needs to be replaced because they are not doing what is best for this country. We have that power in our Constitution but until we can't get the SILENT MAJORITY up off their a$$es and speaking out we will suffer the fate being dealt to us with each passing day. I have had letters posted here wherew I have written my Congressman many times and let my feeling to him be known and each time he replies back. i have practically got down and begged people to write to their Congressmen and women and Senators about the problems and tell them that we don't agree with their policies but no one does. They will complain to friends over coffee, they will complain about it here, They will even discuss it while fishing with partners on the water but to actually get them to sit down and write someone wo can do something about it just does not happen. Like it was said if I was running I would have this ones vote or that ones vote. Folks I am not afraid to speak out against anything I feel is not good for the American People and this great Nation and I don't care which politicians I piss off in the process. Until the American people take back this country it is doomed. The only way to take it back is by not sitting back complaining to your fishing buddy, or your friends over coffee or on a fishing website. It is by stepping up to the plate and telling the people we have chosen to represent us that they either change the weay they are running this country and begin putting America and Americans first or you will be replaced by the people and another person willl be put there that will do what needs doing for the AMERICAN PEOPLE. I think it might been agood move for everyone to sit down and actually read our Constitution. If you just read teh Preamble to it you will realize that this country belongs to the American People and not the POLITICIANS. How long do you think we would have Politicians in Washington if we stop paying taxes which is where they get their incomes from? If everyone stood up and said we will not pay any taxes until we have our country back the way it should be, you can bet they would listen. Do you honestly think Americans will stick together and do that? Of course not, because it would take to much time out of their daily routines. They are to busy worrying about number 1 to worry about number 2.
Back in the 1960's right after Kennedy was killed the American people began losing control of our country and it has been spiraling down hilll ever since. The politcians took advantage of a country in mourning of a lost President to make as many moves as they could to get control of the country and they made it. We went to Vietnam against the wishes of the people, protests were ignored because it was young people protesting that were in most cases under the voting age. No one spoke out against the war that really could get anyones attention until John Kerry and he spoke out agisnt the war only after he had served in it and got injured in it and then when he spoke out he got someones attention in the congress. Now I am not a Kerry supporter in the since of electing him President as much as I do admire his guts. He stepped up to the podium and got recognized. Now I ahve said it about a hundred times and I will say it again. Folks we, the American people are the ones that own this country and we have the power to say what goes on in this country but if you don't speak up and say what you think needs to be done, the politicians are not mind readers. We have the power to have the President removed from Office if need be but not if we don't demand it to the Congress. I get emails from folks all the time that are forwards and some of them have as many as 50 to 60 names on their mailing lists. If we sent emails to everyone on our mailing lists and told them to write their Congressmen and women about an issue and only half of them did it would make a remarkable difference because it would let congress know that the sleeping giant called the Silent majority has suddenly awakened and does not like what it sees.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:40 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Softy, NDF has just quoted me there.
and i was meaning that the liberals are the ones killing the country, whether they are voters or politicians. its like they will stick together to get something done just because the conservatives want it the other way, and no matter whether its for the better of the country or not. they have no common sense and seem to have forgotten what democracy means, trying to please everyone but the majority.

i do agree with you about people writing their political representatives but like you said "Do you honestly think Americans will stick together and do that? Of course not..."

MHO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:25 am