[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Drunk Astronauts
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drunk Astronauts
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:41 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well I don't know if I could blame them cause I would have to be Blind Running drunk to even climb in one of those high flying death traps. Besides that lets look at this from another perspective. Would you rather have them driving Drunk down here where one of them might crash and maybe kill you of your family of up there where the only thng they might kill besides them selves may be your satelite Tv when they plow into one of those multi million dollar pieces of space junk we put up there that quit working a month later so they just left it floating around out there and built another multi million dollar pice of space junk to replace the first one. :hmm: My self I would rather have them drunk in space............ :hmm:

Post subject: Re: Drunk Astronauts
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:38 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

I saw that Astronauts drunk news too. That bothered me. Thes people are suppose to be the best of the best. I support space exploration myself but they have made it a business and we pay way to much to do it. Lots of people getting rich at the nations expense. But that doesn't excuse anyone from being drunk at the wheel so to speak. If flying in rockets scare them they should stay home. John Glenn, Chuck Yeager and the hundreds of brave people who pioneered space didn't get drunk while doing the job. They were probably scared, nervous and had adrenilin running out all over themselves but they weren't drunk. I say screw the friggin cowards for needing artificial courage to do the job. People with money are paying millions to get that rush they need to be drunk to do. I'd go if they'd let me and I'd be stone sober too. I'd want to experience that fear and excitment with all my feelings working 110%. When I have to get drunk to drive my racecar I'll quit and become a spectator. Superman don't take a sip before he puts on the cape and John Wayne didn't get drunk before he faced fear, and Gary Copper was sober in High Noon, and all our brave soldiers who landed on Normandy didn't get drunk nor did the firemen who went into the twin towers. It's just not fu@#^*g American to be a chicken chit. JMO, RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:29 am 

Well, I love space and it's questions just like I love the oceans and their questions and you are right RM. I was kidding about the being drunk to ride the shuttle part because I would never ride it to start with. I flew at times in hte Military but that was because of direct orders but you will never catch me on a commercial jet going any where much less a space shuttle going to that space staion I think they call it. Like I said, I love space and it's questions and mysteries but have no desire what so ever to go StarTrekking around the galaxy on the USS Enterprise with Picard and his crew except form the comfort of my living room easy chair. But the astronauts being drunk during flights may answer a few questions NASA has been trying to hind such as the real reasons for the to that got destroyed and blamed on mechnaical failures when it could have been a drunk at the wheel pushing the wrong buttons. :hmm: Wonder if they are going to give them FUI's (Flying under the Influence) citations? :hmm: :hmm:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:31 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

I blame all the catastrofic failures on the people on the ground who decide whats safe and not safe. Flight commanders knew the O rings were junk in the cold. Mortin Thiachol Engineers told them they didn't feel good about launching in the cold. They did it anyway. BOOM. Flight commanders knew the ice hit the wing and never did a thing about it. They could have sent the crew out to look or something but in stead did nothing. BOOM. When people race cars or whatever they rely on the crew to do their job and do it right. The driver just steers the car. If the crew don't tighten the bolts, or say to the cheif, I missed a couple lugs bring him back in, then the tire falls off. Team is the key to success. RM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:10 pm 

your very right Joe. It requires all the spokes of a wheel strong to make it work correctly. One weak spoke can destroy the entire operation and the KNOW IT ALL people that approve space launches when the technicians that work on and build these space crafts say it is not a good move to launch at this time are ignored the KNOW IT ALL people are the weak spokes in NASA's Wheel. They are also the same ones that will point the finger at everyone except them selves when something fails and lives are lost. I am not in favor or space shuttle launces to begin with because I am not sure God even wants us out there. I have figured out a long time ago that it is nothing more than a money thing anyway. yea we have Satelite TV and the shuttle is responsible for putting the satelites up there but we were able to put satelites up with un manned rockets long before space shuttles were around. We have had spy satelites floating around in out space since the late 50's and they we not deployed up there with manned vessels. I think it might be time for NASA to relook at their program before making another launcha nd do drug testing and Blood alcohol tests prior to allowing the pilots and passengers aboard the shuttles. JMHO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:40 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Has anybody ever stopped to assess how many members of congress have been in the capiatl building drunk? Whatever they do to the astronauts they need to do to congress. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:01 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

The space program is a BIG (billions) WASTE of money unless we make contact with the other people!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:11 pm 

I'm not sure I would want to make contact with some one out there bob. Haven't you ever seen the Movie Alien? If that is what is out there to contact I would just as soon deal with the Aliens we already have hear. You know the illegal ones.... :hmm:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:20 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:16 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:31 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

You would have to get me good and drunk to get me on board one of them big birds.

Do you suppose they got one of them HOSPITALITY suites there at the Cape for them folks to go to before launch?

I think it was last night the news reported the firing of 4 football coaches somewhere here in WNC for drinking ON the high school grounds as they worked AFTER school preparing the football field... They were working AFTER school hours.
Wonder how they got caught... Some snitch I suppose..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:36 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Calhoon Falls HS dismissed 4 assistant coaches for drinking on school property while they were preparring the football field for play. I'm guessing they were applying the lines or something, drinking a beer and someone saw them. They are teachers too but were only suspended from coaching and can still teach so it couldn't have been too bad a thing they did. RM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:58 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:32 pm