[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Global warming, Real or not?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:42 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:29 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

What do you think about global warming? Some people say it's real and the ice caps melting prove this. Terrible storms hitting all over with mass destruction, rising water levels, droughts and floods. I just don't know though. I use to think it was real but I don't know now. I am thinking more about it being a cycle that has happened before. Who's to say the caps didn't melt and refreeze in the past? There is proof the O Zone had a hugh hole back in the late 40s and we didn't have hair spray and freon back then. It healed itself but now is back. Watch the record temps and many were set back over 50 yrs ago and haven't been beat since. Anyone recall the Dust Bowl deal we experienced back in the 20/30s? Irrigation is the reason we don't see that now but it happened 75 years ago. Volcanos put more soot in the air than any man made stuff ever did. Wild fires have always been natures way of cleaning forests but today people have built houses everywhere so the fires make the news more than in the past. I am starting to lean toward the earth being able to cleanse itself with rain and wind. It sure would be nice if the majority of experts could just all agree on what's correct. Dead zones in the oceans and dying corral reefs are real but before we had satelites and space cameras who would have known if they occurred before? We've only had planes capable of looking for what, 60/70 yrs? The more I read the more it is very apparent that none of them agree on what's happening. What do you think? RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:13 am 

for those of you who beleive in the bible" it's just being fulfield",regardless of what the expert's say!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:56 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

RM, man's "always learning, never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" :wink: like you said, cycles, wouldn't be surprised if in 10 or 50 years...some other record happens to be broken and the news and smart folks will have somethin' else to promote.
PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All we can do is pray, take care of our families, and leave as small of a foot print as possible on our little planet.

I do beleive were having an effect on the environment.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:04 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

DITTO what sclakes said

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:25 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

It was officially 100 in Greenville today. Since 1917 temps here it has been 100 degrees 77 times and only 16 times in the month of August according to the news. We missed setting a record yesterday and that record was set in 1947. Makes a guy want to say.....HHHHUUUUUMMMMMMM. RM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:32 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Has the earth been warming? Yes. Are we causing it? Who knows. What about the the ice age - who caused that to end?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:39 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

I went to visit the wife in Spartanburg Regional. Pulled in the parking lot at about 7:00 tonight and it was 101 degrees. Left about 8:30 and the temp had dropped to 99 by then. Lots of concrete and asphalt holds the heat I thought. Got back to Gaffney about 9:00 and it was 96 in town and when I hit my driveway which is way out in the country it was still 93 degrees at 9:15. It's hot.......LOL. RM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:02 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well, Mike may have a point but I think what man is doing to the earth in so small compared to what Mother Nature does that humans are not but a speck of the vast changes taking place on the Earth. The Earth has evolved several times through diffferent ages. It has have several tropical ears in time and several Ice ages in it's lifetime and I think all of it is part of Gods great plan. We are just another age in the Earths history and as all the other ages came and went so shall we also. Now as far as actual Global Warming and Green House Gases. These are new phrases that the Federal Government placed on them and folks jumped on the band wagon and saw a way to extort money from the Federal Government and the American people by developing a study of these phenomena's that are nothing more than Mother Nature and God working their way through Earths cycles. Man is just part of that. Like RM said, these things are not anything new. They have been taking place for as long as man has kept records of these types of things. It got his hot many times when I was a child which makes them 50 some odd years old anyway and Fall will be here soon and the trees will shed their leaves to endure the approaching winter just as it has done for centuries. Did global warming have anything to do with that Killer frost we experienced last April after the trees all budded and flowers began to bloom and it killed all of those flowers and some trees. I don;t think so. I think it was nature making some changes that needed making. I think guys like Al Gore just don't have anything better to do than go around spreading rumors and getting paid big bucks to do it and many other companies are also profiting from it. The Hair Spray industries, the Freon and refrigeration product companies, The EPA and all of the emisions product companies that have come into the market place and made parts for the automoblies that are suppose to help control emissions and don't because within a year, half of the parts on the new automobiles have already failed and most folks don't know it and even though the parts are not working that automobile will still pass the emmissions tests with flying colors. They have began testing the later model cars in the ALDL(scanning the cars computer) instead of inserting sniffer pipes in the tail pipes of cars and trucks. If the ALDL has any codes in it at all the car fails the test. Folks, if your car has a parking lamp out it will set a code in the new cars and fail the emissions test. Now what does that parking lamp have to do with emissions? Nothing but it causes you to spend money repairing the car to get it to pass the test so you can purchase your new license plates in order to be able to drive. It is all part of the bigger plan called MONEY. THE ALMIGHT DOLLAR, THE GREEN BACKS, THE FOLDING DEAD PRESIDENTS....... :angry: I know that to be fact because I was an ASE certified Master Mechanic for 33 years and my son is still one and has been for the past 15 years and he is also ASE certified Master Tech. He has customers come to him every day to get repairs done so their cars will pass the tests. He hooks his scanner to teh cars ALDL and puts a parking lamp bulb in and then clears the computers memory and the person goes back and the car passes with flying colors. Now that does not happen in alot of garages. In many cases the garage will scan the car and tell the customer some big tail about what the car needs and then when the customer leaves the car for the repairs and the mechanic changes out the light bulb clears out the memory on the computer and they hands the customer a list of repairs that will range from 100. to 300. bucks and really all they did was same thing my son would have charged 25.00 to do. Make sure whn you get your cars computer scanned that you get a print out of the codes that are in it before you get it repaired. Then tell them you will bring it back. Go home and call your fiendly neighborhood dealer you bought the car from and ask the service department there what the codes represent and see if they compare with what the garage said. about 70% of the time they will not match. Now you ask me about Global Warming and the Green House gases and I'm gonna tell you it's all about money.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:38 pm 

"EXACTLY" God,nature,money,government :hmm: :hmm: you said it right. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:56 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Here's a link that sort of follows the trend people follow in masses. Watch and see what I mean. RM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:21 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:55 pm 

That is my point exactly RM Penn And Teller make your and my points exactly. People don't take the time to actually investigate what the politicians and enviromentalists are trying to cram down out throats.They will sign a petition not even knowing what it is if someone says it will improve the enviroment even when it has nothing to do with it but is designed to extort more American tax dollars away from what they could be going for such as homeless people shelters, Children from Crack House fall out shelters, Improving our DHS services to help really protect children. Those are things you can actually see with your own eyes and not some statistic that some politician says is happening when it is not but you can'rt see it so you are left with either believing him or not believing him and that is why they hire actors to try and sell you on the schemes........ :angry: :angry: :angry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:25 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

From what I've seen through the years the Feds have been reluctant to pass measures to reduce pollution. We're still way behind in coal emissions from power plants cause the Feds drag their feet bad. And we are always vetoeing United Nations bans of stuff which would hurt the economy. They take alot of heat then pass a mild version of a law to look like they care. It's the Al Gore types that push these agendas. I don't know if there is a problem or not myself but I just don't buy all the crap being pushed around. I do wish they'd do more to preserve our lakes and forests and parks. We need places to relax and kick back. RM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:32 pm 

we need places to relax and kick back i agree wholeheartedly but unfortunetly George W cant make any money off us relaxing and kicking back so forget that