[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - smoking laws
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: smoking laws
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:57 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:10 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

it has been a while since i have seen a topic go to 5 pages..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:01 am 

Well King to think this was your baby too......... :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:55 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:13 pm 

Coontie, I just decided that posting into a subject someone else brought up would not explode into such a controversey and my reason for bringing God and Freedom into it was my attempt to show that so many freedoms are being taken away from Americans by special small interest Minority groups that maybe people would stop long enough to smell the roses along with the smoke. Something that nonsmokers may have not given consideration to is that the Smokers are taking far more risk than the non smoker taking in second hand smoke because the smoker not only takes the smoke directly in but they are also breath that same second hand smoke so who is really at the most risk? I said I would not post any more into this but did want to answer your question. I do sincerely hope that the non smokers get this passed across the entire country and say that with true sincerity and I feel they will. As long as the Government can keep peoples eyes off the real important screwing they are planning for us with the less important things the more they like it. Throw out tidbits of things to draw attention to what is really going on has always made a great diversion for the Feds. Now you mentioned God making the earth smoke free. God also made the world without Penicillin but gave man the knowledge to create it just as he gave him the knowledge to grow tobacco and tomatoes and corn and beans. Pretty harsh reality huh? God created a world of Perfection. Man and not God caused the imperfections for us to live with and learn from . They are nothing more than challenges of mans ability to adapt. We have many many problems in this country and they are only getting worse day by day. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. People are losing their homes coming an going yet we have a lying a$$ Government that screams at the top of their lungs that the economy is great and booming and the unemployment rates are the lowest in years and everything is coming up roses. The Flexible Interest rates are higher than ever and they just added $500.00 a month to his house payments for the guy that just lost his home. Tell that to the man that just lost him home and now has a family living on the street. Did God take that mans home away from him or did man take it :?: 50 years ago these was three distinct classes of living levels in this country Rich, Middle Class and Poverty. The middle class has been eliminated. It is now rich, struggling or poverty. God Created the earth but made no promises to up keep it and do all the maintainence on it. :hmm: He gave that task to man. Look where man has taken it!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: They worry more about trying to finish a space station that will not benefit no one except the most rich and powerful if they ever get it done. Don't you think that money could be well more spent helping that man save his home buy controlling the economy and spending money on the important things like helping feed old people that can't afford food and medicines. Spending it on air conditioners for the elderly that are dying from heat because they cannot afford an air conditioner or sending a teacher out to the space station to hold school room classes from space, cost, 20 million dollars to send her up there or 20 million on air conditioners. Sorry but my choice would have been air conditioners and helping our senior citizens. Now you are right , God did not make the Earth full of smoke, he just gave man the knowledge and ability to make it that way. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:16 pm 

Ok since you don't want me to give up on this issue to soon Coontie I will stay with it a little bit longer. When the surgeon General decided that warnings should be placed on Cigarettes and other tobacco products the cigarette companies complied. Then it was decided that Cigarette companies could not advertise on Television and again the cigarette Companies Complied. Now that is where I differ on the infringement rights of the tobacco companies. Now the Government has told them they cannot advertise in magazines, newpapers or radio. I think if the Federal Government is going to laty down all of those restrictions on the tobacco industries then they shuld not be allowed to put all of those federal taxes on the Tobacco products any longer either but intead of lowering them are are talking about going up another $6.10 a carton. As far as I'm concerned the Tobacco company settled the debt the Federal government set as a fair compensation and that is all the Federl Government deserves. The tobacco comapnies are not allowed to advertise yet the opponents against smoking and second hand smoke drill you with ads on Television and about second hand smoke with some nappy headed guy going around doing commercials about what the cigarette companies said about second hand smoke being less harmful than milk. If they are not going to let the tobacco companies advertise then the opponents should not be allowed to do it either. Especially when the information they are using is wrong and ther nappy headed guy does not have his facts correct. The tobacco industry never said that second hand smoke was less harmful than milk. They said that second hand smoke was no more dangerous than the containers that milk is sold to the public in. At that time it was proven that the plastic bottles being used to sell milk and a few other products to the public did in fact contain a chemical know to cause some forms of cancer and birth defects in people. The company making that product was not forced to place warning labels on the bottles like cigarettes was and they used those plastic jugs for milk for almost 11 years before it was discovered to be dangerous. Since that time the Plastic jugs are now free of that chemical component and this nappy headed guy is going around telling the world that the tobacco industry said it was the milk when in fact they said milk containers that we tainted. Now I think it is unfair practice to only allow one side to advertise about it and not allow the tobacco industry any opportunity for rebuttle. But that is the way the world sees things these days. They are only allowed to see one side of issues that effects millions of Americans.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:29 pm 

"AMEN!" one sided world,that's where were headed.

softy,i did some research on the american history taught in public schools & as far as i can tell it is still being taugh as well as world history too. it's not real clear as to what grade it is taught in but i can say it is taught in elementary,middle and high schools.the federal government still offers grants to help fund schools for teaching american history.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:45 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

hahahahahahahaha nappy headed guy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:51 pm 

Well Cricket if the NAACP convinces the Liberal Supreme we have that it is racial and needs to put a hault to it, our students won't have it much longer. They say that there parts of the history of the U.S. History that is Racial and Discrimminating and they want it discontinued. They are referring to the period dealing with Slavery. That shows you how ignorant some people can be. They could capitalize on it by showing the world how hard they fought to achieve the goal called Freedom and how far it has come since the time of the Civil War with Pride and Dignity. JMHO