[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - smoking laws
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: smoking laws
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:59 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I'll Drink to that Boogerman :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Why is it after I push one for English I still can't understand The person on the other end?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:43 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Gosh that was great Booger....... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I take back seat to you on writing articles for sure. By the way can you find anything on when they actually raise the taxes on alcoholic beverages in an attempt to discourage under aged drinking? I am interested in it if you can find anything on it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:49 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:10 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:51 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:09 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:34 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:52 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:18 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:02 pm 

Well RM, I ahd the best chance ever to quit about 20 years ago after a stay in the hospital from April 2nd till Septmeber 30th after crashing my Race car at Nashville Speedway and busting my self up real good with broken ribs and punctured lungs and broken bones and was smoke free and on Oxygen for about 4 months. You would have figured that would have cleaned my and flushed my system of nicotine so I would not want a cigarette at all. I lit one up on the day I got released walking from the hospital to parking garage when wife picked me up. I never thought about smoking all the time I was in there but I wanted one soon as I cleared those hospital doors. I think that would have been my best shot at quiting. Now I think about it from time to time but don't know if it will ever happen....... :hmm:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:41 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

maybe i am not thinking clearly but i dont think that there is a single place in augusta or aiken that you have to walk trough the smoking section to get to the non smoking section. most people are going to take that in to consideration desiding where to put the sections... i am not saying that they couldnt be done better but i really dont think that there is a place like that.. correct me if i am wrong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:28 am 

King, I was trying to think of any of the upper level resturants or chain outfits that are set up with smoking areas in the front and I can't either but thats not to say there isn't anyI know Cracker Barrel has the smoking area in the far back section, and all of the steak houses like Logans Roadhouse, Long Horn, O'Charleys all only allow smoking in the bar areas but you can order drinks at the tables in the non smoking areas also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:34 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

One of the more interesting things I ever saw occurred on an airplane flight from Dayton Beach to Charlotte. As we approached Charlotte the weather got really violent and the airbags deployed. The Charlotte airport was under a tornado warning/watch and we landed at full throttle as the pilot was expecting wind shear. As I left I looked to the back of the plane and studied the airbags hanging from the ceiling. There was clearly a brownish color on the tubing on those airbags in the back of the plane where the SMOKING SECTION was. Those poor airplane workers had to work in the SMOKE all day and it must have been terrible. The residue from the second hand smoke was clearly visible on the plastic tubing. YUCK.. The tubing in the front section of the plane was clear like it was supposed to be. The airplane attendants were forced to sit during take offs and landings and work back there making coffee, drinks etc.

The folks in Florida had it right when they went to the polls and voted for NO SMOKING in their restaurants---statewide.. It will happen here in the Carolinas sooner or later. For now its one town at a time. Sometimes a county gets the big picture that others are damaged by second hand smoke.

Its illegal to drive with a blood alcohol level of 0.8 or greater. In FL there is a ZERO tolerance for smoking in restaurants as it should be. I think I saw on the news that Greenville (maybe Spartanburg) either has or is about to ban smoking downtown in restaurants and or perhaps public places.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES WHILE YOU CAN!!

Its legal to smoke in your house. Its legal to drink in your house. Just don't do it outside around others that may be affected by your habit. Seems like the issue is how individuals are affecting others.

I have one more! how about that lead in the kids toys. Nope think I will start another post. This ones getting too long.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:12 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

King of the Hill, I never use to pay attention to where the smoking/non smoking sections were located but after many of my non smoking friends started to point them out it was very obvisious the non smoking section was a after thought in most places. Maybe they have resolved those issues now. I know where I worked the non smoking section was in the back so everyone got their food and walked through the smoking area to go to the back if they didn't like smoke. I still think as time goes on smokers will be screwed over more and more. It may not be right but neither was smoking everywhere when a few others didn't want the smoke in their faces. Majority rules. RM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:36 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next