[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - My first physical
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My first physical
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:10 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

The 1500 for the test is probably about right PM but I swear I never felt a thing and never had any discomfort from the test and they cut out 3 pylups and all were pre cancerous so they want to go look again after 3 yrs to see whats happening then. I apparently worked for a great company cause when I retired I was able to keep my insurance and at a reasonable cost too. With the wifes problems I would be dog food without insurance. I bet the hospital bills so far this year are already well past 50 grand. RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:48 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Peanut. I forgot to mention in my post , I do have a female Doctor that I see every 6 months for my BP meds but she asked me one time if I have ever had those tests run and I told her once while I was in the Military and has sign now making exit only and it's staying that way and she laughed. I told her that if I get anything that is deadly growing inside my body she nor any other doctor will get to touch it unless they get in in the autopsy. I grew it, it's mine and I'm keeping it!
Now I know that many folks say you need to get all of these tests run and they adverstise them all over the TV. I don't think anyone knows their body better than the person living in it. I have know folks that have gone to Doctors feeling great and before they get out of the doctors office they are sick or dying. Sorry folks but to me in way to many cases Doctors are just very expensive sales persons. Many times second opinions don't match original diagnosis in same tests. If you ain't sick they don't make money. I know when I have something wrong. When I suffered that heart attack on Saturday after Thanksgiving last year I knew I was having one and knew not to panic and make it worse. I calmly took to Bayer aspirin, called my neighbor and her to come back cause I was having chest pains and to please call 911 before coming. She did as I ask and when she got back to my home I was sitting calmly in a chair, I had all of the phone numbers listed I wanted her to call and had all of the meds I take regularly in a bag beside me. When the paramedics arrived they ask me where the patient was and I said I am the patient. They could not believe how calm I was or if I was even having a heart attack but when they got me hooked up it was all high speed from that point when they got the first readings and saw that I was actually having a heart attack. They asked me if I was in any pain? :hmm: :hmm: DUMB QUESTION..........DUH... :hmm: I said yes and she asked where and I said in my shoulders, both arms and left jaw bones. She said no chest pains and I said no. She said that was unusal but the paper running was definately a heart attack print out so they rushed me to the hospital. Like I said no one knows your body better than you do. I didn't have chest pains because after so many major abdominal operations my body in the entire front part around my chest and stomach have very little to no feeling, I have had hot grease pop onto my stomach or chest while cooking and not feel it but notice a blister later. Again no one knows your body better then you do........... :thumbs_up: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now some folks are going to think I am stupid for not going for checkups and some won't. Another issue that many people need to think about is you need to do what you think is best for you. I have spent a lot of time studying Cancer Research and in about 67 to75% of the cases of Cancer it has been linked to certain genetic studies. If you have a history of cancer in your family you should by all means get tests done regularly. My family does not have a history of Cancer. Not one person in as long as anyone can remember has anyone in my family died of Cancer. We have a history of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure and heart disease) That is what we get tests for and that is what we treat mostly in my family. My father died of heart attack at age 69, my oldest brother has heart condition, I have heart condition, Lost one brother to heart attack at age 40 but had added complications from polio back at age 4 which doctors say resulted in him passing that early while on BP medications cause heart muscles were damaged in polio as child. Lost my mother in house fired 5 years ago. She was 80 and healthy except treated for BP.
Check your family trees and see what is in your families history and it might help you get treatments for what could really make you sick. JMHO :thumbs_up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:19 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

PM the cost is about $1500 as stated.. But someone gave you bad info... for ME there was absolutely NO pain afterwards...

There might even be MORE good news for you. After I woke up the Dr. told me that I didn't have to have another one for 10 years... I guess it just depends on what they find and they found nothing in my... So for me that works out to only $150 a year and even an OLD guy can afford that. So what's that, 20 cans of NUTS or SOMETHING???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:34 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Had to can that doctor we used in Greenwood after 8 yrs...wife didn't like him either..ex-military doc..big practice...15% discount for cash (can you believe it)

Now the new cute ladydoc has a very small practice..she's just starting out and I don't have to wait so long, like I did in the last place with a dozen little cubby holes with doors where everyone was always waiting for him with the clipboard hanging on the front of the door (so you can't read it).......

Anyway, thanks for the input Coontie, but no thanks and by the way, think you got some bad info cause at our age I can't imagine a doc telling you don't need another one for 10 years, (don't think they even had this test 10 years ago..and probably won't in another 10)...shoot, 10 years is long enough for a Pecan Tree to grow :-o :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:03 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

PM my mother was taking the LONG HOSE test back in the 80's. She had to do it every year because of her colon cancer.. Even the little shortie test which I had first time the Dr. gave me 5 years on.. The LONG test the rear end DR. gave me 10 LONG WONDERFUL YEARS OF PEACE..

My family DR no longer even recommends the short hose exam as it misses too much... a quote from him..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:14 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

had a young guy go to work for us never had a phy. doc who was good friend helped with a prank told the young guy bout the finger and the two hands on the shoulder deal doc has a glove with some sand in it puts one hand on shoulder then lays the sand glove on the other you get the picture said the boy jumped clear cross the table and you could not have drove a finish nail in there with a sledge hammer As we get older we should get checked i know it's tough but it is well worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:45 pm 

BP , what does age have to do with anything? I think it s more important for Young people to get more check ups because they have longer to live and they get sick too..... :lol: :lol: :lol: Hell when your old like me I just don't see torturing myself with all them damn tests and pain and worries of how to pay the damn bills when your not working any more and your insurance only wants to pay a piece of the test costs because your old. Now that is JMHO and I know most folks don't look at it that way but thats just me. I'm gonna live till I die and when I die there will be a new baby born and the cycle begins all over again. :thumbs_up: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:53 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

well what i mean by that is I am a diabetic. Was i when i was 20 maybe but i had a phy every year to play sports and the test were neg for any problems but as i got older things started to show up i guess what i'm trying to say is when i was real active my body combated most of my problems but as i got older and was less active they began to show so i have had more things checked to see if they can be corrected Now i'm not gonna just let them stick stuff anywhere and everywhere for no reason but if i don't feel right or feel that something is wrong i'm not gonna wait to long to have it checked

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:49 pm