[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - My first physical
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:37 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My first physical
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:04 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

...went to the DR. last April.....leg really hurt'n BAD....

got meds. Dr charged my $25 and told me I was Fat... got apointment for last Fri. Blood work, 3 day dookie test, the WHOLE smear. Leg still hurts

Show-up last Fri. Still fat w/ hurt leg....BUT all my "numbers" were really good. No Diabetes, no High Blood Good coldestserall and nothing up my butt but the DRs finger.....that was just WRONG....leg feels better now.

Bad news is a guy I went to school w/ has been on disability for 20 months {he had 3 heart atacks & has a de-fibulator inplant} now the find out he's ATE-UP w/ Cancer, but he don't go on MediCade untill Dec. His Disability check was to much for Medi-care.....Never knowed you could be dis-able and have No-insureance....I guess that's what he gets for work'n his whole life & try'n to "have" something....CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

don't make any since does it...

Post subject: Re: My first physical
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Was your friend in the service? If so the VA can help him probably. That's all that comes to my mind. I pray he can overcome this illness too. RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:33 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

JOJO are you saying the the doctor has a magic finger and it made you leg quit hurting?.......... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now for serious stuff, Sorry to hear about your friend JOJO. That sound like a tough rap. He may need to check with Social Security because I think someone has dropped the ball. Millionaires can draw Social Security Disabliity if they can prove that they are disabled and they have paid in and can also get Medicare with millions in the bank. I don't know how much disability he is drawing but if he is declared permanently disabled he is entitled to Medicare part A, B and D. That is where folks make the mistake of not filing appeals when they are turned down for Government Programs. Also if he gets approved on appeal Medicare and or Medicaid have to go back and pay up all existing medical bills since he became totally disabled. I had that happen to a friend of mine and they had to catch up all of his bills. Hope it comes out for him. (Part II) I called a buddy of mine that is a social worker for department of human services here last night and asked him about this and he said that he has never seen anyone draw a disability check so large that they did not qualify for Medicare and or Medicaid. He said anyone that has been declared permanently disabled automatically qualifies for it once the begin drawing the government check. He said the way it is suppose to work is medicaid should pick him up first which is the state insurance and maintain his medical expenses for the first two years and then Medicare should kick in after two years and continue on from that point on for the extent of that persons disablility or death. He did say that if a person draws disability income and a pension from a company that he worked for it can effect it because that does boost up his total income and at that point the company he draws the pension from should be talking enough money out of hi pension check to continue his company insurance program to assist him in his medical expenses. He said with out seeing his complete file it is hard to know for sure but he said that something has been missed by who ever is handling his case done there and he needs to appeal their decision and get it looked at again. Hope this helps JOJO.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:42 pm 

don't really know ya jojo,but i wish you & your freind the best of luck! :smile: :smile: i'll do some praying for ya :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:46 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

If needed we could always do a benefit tourny for him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:29 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:46 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:22 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:10 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:40 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Like has been said before many times, getting old ain't for sissies.....LOL :lol: Since I turned 50 various people have stuck periscopes up and in about every cavity the body has.......LOL. And I ain't from San Francisco either. Ya just got to suck it up and get check ups and try to make it past today. I just found out a lady who I've known for a long time died 2 days ago. She just did some work for me 2 months ago and she seemed fine. I was so surprized when I learned she died I called a friend at 7:00 AM to ask what happened. They found brain cancer about 6 weeks ago and it got her that fast. RM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:43 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Ah! Colon Cancer. The silent killer until it get to the point that you can't stand the effects any longer and you are in excrutiating pain and have to s@@t every 20 min.

Sounds like 1 test once a year ain't so bad :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Have known 3 people who dies from CC this past year. They didn't last very long once diagnosed :cry: :cry:

It can be cured if caught in time and everyone should put aside their selfrighteous pride and get it done when the Doc says to :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I did and I didn't even know It was completed until the doc came in an said everything was OK. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

The PREP is not as bad as it sounds :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:34 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

My Brother in Law and my buddy Larry are both colon cancer survivors for the past 6 to 9 yrs. The key is to find it ASAP. RM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:58 pm 

Well I know that Iam one of the stupid ones but I go to the doctor once every six month to get perscriptions fill for BP and now Heart. I don't get any physicals because I have been examined so many times from the inside out that is is unbelieveable. I have had my abdomen opened from just below my throat to about 4 inches below my naval 6 times and doctors have removed all kind so parts each time so I am not to sure there is enough stuff left in side me that could really go bad........... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: I am one of those people that does not look at the negative health problems a person can contact. I am and optimist and just live each day believing I will die when the the GOOD LORD is ready for me and not until. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:56 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Lost my health insurance (after 25 years) when I retired and became self-employed. (great company huh?) Same health ins Co, Cigna, turned me down when self employed; overweight & high blood pressure.
(pay more taxes now, make more money..but no health care for 'ol peanut...I'm a bad risk...not a good business deal for them...but can still help pay Uncle for others who are not working etc etc blah blah..).
But the point is I gotta go to Doc's regularly for blood p meds...so for the past 8 years at physical time he asks, "you should have the periscopeinass exam"...I ask, "how much" he says $1500...I said, "is there any discomfort?", he said well you will be sore a while...I told him 1500 and discomfort?... :hmm: forget it (he must make 1395 on that exam.......went and got another doctor after 8 years here...a young female (under 40...young to me)..she doesn't ask me about that exam, just the 'ol glove routine...(at least she's the right gender and you ain't gotta worry about 2 hands on your shoulder:mrgreen: :mrgreen:) and the 'ol schmear test :cool: works for me.
Hope they never find anything...but if they did there's no insurance til 65 anyway..
Now do the right thing and go out and find a female practitioner :lol: :cool: :mrgreen: