[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Check this out.
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Check this out.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:50 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Dad and I were up on Keowee this past Sunday doing a little fishing before it got hot outside. Well we were fishing this drop and had it marked with a marker buoy. We caught a fish or two off of it and a boat from TN had been across the way for a bit when he decides to pull up to us right beside the buoy all slicklike and asks us if we were catching anything. He said he was prefishing for the BAIT classic up there in a couple weeks. He cranks back up and I clearly see the fool hit the waypoint on his GPS unit to mark that spot, then off he went.....thats pretty F*cked up I think... :angry: :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:56 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

That is a downfall to using bouys. I wish they made some that was not so visible. Just enough for you to see while fishing but not enough to be seen from across the lake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I re painted mine black to eliminate that...

Post subject: Re: Check this out.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:46 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

You are gonna see a bunch of out of state boats in the next few weeks up there, Like you said Shock, he's prefishing the Classic. If you ain't never been there is about 100-120 boats coming in. Do us a guys a favor don't do anything to tip off the out of town talent. As Ronald Reagan said do it for the Gipper :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: . I'll be up there all week starting the 20th, good thing about this is I don't have to cook no dag gum hot dogs for a change. :lol:

Greg you qualified didn't you??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Went hunting again today on clarks hill...water's down about 7' and no joke but I must have plugged 50 brush piles and cane pole piles...at least 15 of them were somewhat out of the water...and another 15 with just and some a couple feet under the water...some were really well done :thumbs_up: ....
WT's 86-89 pretty flat out there today...fishing is still tough...at least for me...managed 3...but didn't fish much...didn't fish any piles...a little topwater.

Gonna share some of these with 'ol Softy (providing he takes it easy on my ears :mrgreen: )

Upcoming Skeeter tx should give out close to 150 grand this year...37K for big fish of the tx, paying down to 20 places. Also paying 1st-5th place for BF every hour. 700 + for 1st 500 for 2nd etc down to 5th...(8 hourly weigh-ins on Sat, 6 on Sunday)
That's 70 chances to get a check just on the hourly weigh-ins.

Has anyone seen Krowbar :hmm: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:27 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Yes we qualified. I think we ended up around 4th in points for the year with one missed tournament. We haven't paid our classic entry though. You can pay at the meeting the night before right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Shot, I'm gonna warn ya now, those guys from Tennessee ain't bashful bout markin your locations on GPS for sure. They do it to me all teh time and I live here in Tennessee. They are to sorry to go find their own fish so they all have binoculars in their boats to watch locals fish and they never wet a line till offical practice day and then they sore mouth all your fish. Peanut, I appreciate your sharing some honey holes with Roy and I and I promise I won't burn your ears out..... :lol: :lol: Knowing Roy and how much he loves to fish you probably will see me on the water most of the time going in one direction or another at Warp speed..... :lol: :lol: I will try and wave but I hold on with both hands when Roy drives. Oh and that is in the truck or the boat........... :thumbs_up: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:16 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Softy, if we don't get any rain and the lake stays low...there will be boats calling for help cause there's high spots (with no makers) to run your boat aground...doubt I go over 45mpg. Many are visable when the sun is high..but otherwise :sad: :cry:
Roy better keep it down and watch his depth finder...I'll point some out to you during practice.
PM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:38 am 

A 20 oz Mt dew bottle works pretty good as a marker bouy. Even better if you give it to your kid and let them play with it in the sand box for a while, it knocks the shine off the plastic, so from a distance it looks like a piece of trash that's been in the water a while :wink:
My partner and I were pre-fishing on Buggs (Kerr) lake last year from seperate boats, (divide and conquer). He had no less than 5 other boats GPS the spots he was on. I never had a sniff from another boater other than the Game Warden that wanted to write me a ticket for littering :roll: and I could see the reflection from the sun in their binocs at a distance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 pm 

I know a guy that uses clear bottles like clear water bottles with labels removed and scufed up with sandpaper to take shine off. They are vertually impossible to see more than 10 yards away and fills the about a 1/3 of the way with lake water.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:25 am 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

Yes Greg you can pay Thursday night at the meeting, You will go out dead last on Friday and first on Saturday when they flop the field. But you and your partner MUST attend the Mandatory Meeting Thursday night.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:21 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:47 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Well at least Mr Mofo from Tennessee didn't POST your hot Spot on the WWW.....or say you was "hole sett'n".....

Hunt careful........CYA