[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Duel standards or what?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Duel standards or what?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:56 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

The press and TV news people are all over this congressman who could be gay from Idaho. If you don't live in a cave you're aware of the story. He's a republican and on every channel. Is it just me or has anyone else read or heard about the 5 or 6 democrats who are currently being investigated for various crimminal acts? The congressman who had 90 grand of marked money in his freezer? Does it seem the republicans get rid of their bad apples when the democrats re elect theirs? Ted Kennedy basically killed a person and is still around. Clinton got oral sex from a aid , denied it and still survived as President. Nixon resigned for less in my opinion. So is it just me or does the news people really show their approval of democrats and contempt of republicans? A crook is a crook, a bum is a bum and both groups have plenty but one group weeds theirs out and the other re elects theirs and the press and TV news don't even get close to giving even coverage to it. RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:07 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Double standards, possibly but I think it is more of just trying to work with all of the collateral damage Bush has done. The Republicans are trying to go where they think it will do the most good and they are chasing after the fact that there are more straight people and voters than gay voters so they are trying to earn the straight vote again. What the Republicans need to do is quit panicking and put a plan together to take care of all the collateral damage and go after the White House if they want it. They have no got a very strong Runner since Fred Thompson has threw his hat in the ring and Fred will get my vote if nominated because Fred above all things LOVES this country and he wants to have a great future for his Grandchildren and your Grandchildren and mine and he will put this country first above all others. The Democrats are living under an assumption that they could run a Baboon and get the White House because of the Bush years but I don't think it will be that easy for them now. I heard a few Democrats on a talk show today and they both just flat out said that the Democrats will have to back up now and re look it all over and they were all hoping Fred Thompson would not run. That tells me right there that they are afraid of him. Your not going to see Fred Thompson spend alot of money on his campaign like all of the other ones because he does not feel he wants to buy his place in the White House. He wants the American People to put him there.
I will also be voting an almost total Republican ticket if Fred gets the Nomination because He will not need to be fighting these damn ignorant Democrats that are in there now to get this mess straightened out. Those New democrats that got elected have shown the American people that they don't know any more what they are doing than a Baboon. They made all of those big promises of what they would do if they got elected to end the war and bring our trops home and all the other big promises they made and they have done nothing what so ever except sit up on the hill and squabble about every little thing and get paid big bucks to do nothing. They said they would bring the troops home, they said they would put a stop to illegal immigration, They said they would make sure that the troops had everything they needed to bring a swift and decisive end to the war and they have done nothing. Nothing except blow smoke up everyones a$$es. Fred Thompson wants industry back in America so we can stop getting poisoned by China, He wants jobs kept here at home and no companies shutting down here and going off shore for slave labor and sweat factory labor. He plans to take a long hard look at NAFTA and all of the other trade agreements with Foreign Nations. He said he wants to bring our troops home and he will do just that and it won't be no dilly dallying around either. I have spoke with him on a few occassions when he was running for the Senate and while he was in the Senate and he is an AMERICAN FIRST and a politician second. He gave up his seat in the Senate to take time off with his family and to give a lot of thought to whether he should run for the White House. It was his family that made the decision for him. Not in words but in his heart. He truly wants a better country for his Children and Grandchildren to grow up in and if he makes it better for them he makes it better for all. He has a history , but who doesn't? He was an actor but so was Ronald Reagan. Reagan was a Governor, Thompson was a Senator and he was also a lobbyist in Washington. That will surely be used against him by the Democrats if they can figure out how to that is. Fred Thompson lobbied for many things and got a few and lost a few and one of them was part of one of the Trade Agreements. The one with Canada was the only trade agreement he was in favor of. Gosh! We already had Auto makers from the Big three doing business with Canada before that trade agreement ever came about so big deal there huh?
Yea RM, the Democrats have no pride when it comes to protecting one of their own for sure but then they don't have any problem killing one or two of their own either. They Killed John F. and Bobby. And Teddy got away with Murder and old Bill got a little sex in the Oval Office, Oh wait a minute Oral sex is not sex, sorry about that. I mean after all the President of the United States said it is not sex so it must not be............ :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Sure had me fooled all these years........ :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Gosh I am glad Mike gave me this spot to vent!!!!!
Poor old tricky Nixon got the shaft on the Watergate deal huh? He did do what he said he would about Vietnam. He brought our troops home like he said he would and for that I still thank him.
Now our Government is allowing the Republic of Vietnam to send goods into this country to sell to the people they spent over 10 years trying to kill over there. I don't know about ya'll but I became a label reader about 3 years ago and found out that the Up Graded Frogg Togg Rain suits are manufactured in the Republic of Vietnam so I didn't buy one. Had I known that Frogg Togg was going to switch over and allow Vietnam to begin making their new outfits I would have never bought the first pair that I took out and burned when I got home that day after reading those labels. Sorry folks but yea I do hold a few grudges and that just happens to be one of them. My father would never buy anything made in Japan his entire life. He was at Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941. Even though we defeated the Japanese and they surrendered to us he never got passed it. My youngest brother went and bought a Honda once on a Monday morning. He was still living at home, Gosh mistakes mistakes............. :hmm: He came home on Thursday driving a Ford. It was the only way he could continue to live at the house. Yea, Dad held a few grudges too and that was one of them......... :hmm: :hmm: Well, I guess that is enough venting for now but ya'll need to give Fred some consideration over the next few months , that is if you want to put a good man in office for a change. Thats my dime.