SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where did it go?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I think this subject got kicked around sometime back but not sure bt I think it's time someone be brought up and accountable for it. Back right after 9/11/2001 Americans banded together as a nation to help those who lost loved ones in the attacks either with Blood or money. I know where most of the blood went, it got thrown in the trash by the Red Cross. But where did the millions upon millions of dollars go that was given to the Red Cross trust for for the victums of 9/11? It is my understanding that very few families got any money from the Red Cross. Now if the families didn't get it and the Red Cross says they don't have it? Who does? The News never even talked about it. I know the news media did find out about the bolld problem at the Red Cross. In the days imedately following 9/11 millions of Americans Laid their arms out and gave Blood, So much blood that the Red Cross had no place to store it. So what did they do with it? They destroyed it and threw it out. Now they did mind you knowing that they could have given it to every hospital in every city across the country instead they chose to just throw it away. Hospitals have to purchase Blood from the Blood banks or the Red Cross and rather than give that life saving blood to the hospitals they THREW IT OUT!!!! THAT IS PURE STUPIDITY FROM BEGINNING TO END.They we afraid if the hospitals got a big supplies of it for free they would not have to purchase any from them for a while. Which I can't see where that could have hurt the Red Cross since they were recieving Millions upon Millions of dollars in donations every day. I think I heard one time that the director of the Red Cross was interviewed but some part of the Congress about the funds but I never heard nothing else about it.
Now well I think I am on a roll here lets talk about Katrina and FEMA. Now like Forrest Gump said many times, STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES. The people of Big Easy, New Orleans knew a week before she hit that she was coming and she was going to be very big. They nw two weeks prior to her arrival that there was an 80% chance New Orleans would be where she impacted. The people in New Orleans must be brain dead or oblivious to what they are told because they totally ignored what they were being told to do which was pack up and run like HELL for high ground..... :shock: :shock: When you live in a city they is already 55 feet below sea levels and you have a catagory 5 Hurricane packing sunammi's coming at you , you get your arses out of DODGE. Poor Government at the state level, poor government at the city levels and poor government at the Federal levels all allowed that to happen. Not the Storm but the death tolls. The problem at the city level came when the Mayor of the city did not order an imediate evacuation of the city and provide as much city transportation as possible plus failed to be prepared for such an horrific castastraphic situation many years prior knowing someday it could happen. The Problem at the state level comes in the fact that they knew also that something like this could impact their state and they did exactly nothing to help New Orleans prepare for it far in advance and also be ready to assist in helping evacuate the city. The Problem at the Federal level comes in a two fold situation. First is FEMA and it's very poor management of what little manpower they had to offer. The reason they were so short on man power is because Bush has most of our National Guard over in Iraq fighting an un-nessary war so we can't take care on catastrophies here at home. Now having knowledge far in advance of Katrina's impact FEMA should have contacted the Mayor of New Orleans and orders an imediate evacuation. FEMA should have contacted teh Governor and gave them the same orders and then FEMA should have gone into action and had as many people down there at of near New Orleans and prepared to swing into actions as soon and it was possible after the storm hit with supplies and rescue response teams. POOR MANAGEMENT CITY, STATE AND FEDERAL levels but the porriest management of all was teh poor judgement by the citizens of New Orleans to not leave when they had two weeks advanced warning to pack and go.
The AFTERMATH! About three miles from where I live is a moblie Home manufacturing company and FEMA order them to begin build hundreds of Fema type homes that could be assembled quickly and transported down to New Orleans for temporary house for folks down there. The plant coplied and houses began flowing ntot eh enourmous parking storage area beside the plant capable of storing 500 FEMA houses. Well Guess what. About 50 homes got moved imediately and then all at once nothing else happens. That lot still has FEMA houses setting in it marked New Oleans on the sides of them.