[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - More Truth???
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:20 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Truth???
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:50 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Kinda long but well worth the time to read!!

"The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true given the source, right?

The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the president. In essence 2/3s of the citizenry just isn't happy and want a change.

So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, ''What we are so unhappy about?''

Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter? Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job? Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?

Maybe it is the ability to drive from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state? Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter?

I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames thus saving you, your family and your belongings.

Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes , an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you and your family against attack or loss. This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90 percent of teenagers own cell phones and computers. How about the complete religious, social and political freedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world? Maybe that is what has 67 percent of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have , and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the President who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The President who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same President who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The President that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks? The commander in chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me? Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the good things and be glad?

Think about it.....are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the "Media" told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day. Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go. They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an ''other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable'' discharge after a few days in the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans? Say what you want but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds it leads and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts. How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells , and when criticized, try to defend their actions by "justifying" them in one way or another. Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did he would have done it this way......Insane!

Stop buying the negativism you are fed everyday by the media. Shut off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative."

"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Jay Leno

Post subject: Re: More Truth???
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 pm 

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:26 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

amen brother, preach on :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:35 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well, I don't disagree with what was said in this latest post because a lot of it is true. Yea people do complain about life not being what they think it should be according to Garb. But as far as wanting a President removed because of what many think is poor performance of his job, well there have been Presidents removed from office before for reasons far less important then the issues of President Bush. Now you say that the American people should be happy with their lives because of the good things President Bush has done. Well if I am not mistaken we had most of that all before Bush got in office also. We had water in our homes, we had electricity in our homes, Groceries where on all of the store shelves, we could travel from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean with out having to show papers, we had heat and air conditioning. Yep we had all of those things long before Bush was President. What we didn't have was gasolene prices at $3.00, we didn't have 200,000 of our troops on a foreign soil fighting and dying for a country that was lead by a dictator which had nothing what so ever to do with 9/11, we didn't have a families of those soldiers living in poverty and struggling to make ends meet because Bush can't figure out how to provide for them and spend 165 billion dollars rebuilding a country that we attacked. We didn't have a Vice President making billions of Dollars because he is a major stock holder in the largest independent contractor (Haliburton) working in Iraq and charging this country 5 times the amount necessary to perform the services provided by that company, We do have a complete volunteer Military and not draft and Bush sends these men and women into harms way without thought for anything except what his goals are and the number one order he makes sure is carried out is what ever is costs protect the oil. 25% of our military in Iraq is there to protect the oil production in that country of which he and his VP are in the oil business so he is using our military to protect his personal interests and gains. That is why he is so insistant in staying the course in the war. The American people poll taken on the question of security and do you feel safer now than you did right after 9/11, 78% said no and 20 % said yes and 2% we undecided. Polls showed that the American people were not in favor of the invasion of Iraq but felt that the invasion of Afganistan was a necessary act to get Al-Quada and Bin Laden. Iraq did not attck the United States. A terrorist group operating out of the country of Afganistan did. Because of the invasion of Iraq and Bush taking his eye off of the real target which was and still should be Bin Laden and Al-Quada he has stretched our military so thin that now Al-Quada has once again got a foot hold back in Afganistan. Another failure. Now as far as I can tell the things that all Americans enjoy that was listed we had before President Bush and all we can hope is that a new President and a new Congress can repair the damage he has done since getting elected.
Is America safer on 10/5/2007 than it was on 9/11/2001. Until 9/11/2001 87% of Americans didn't even know we had a terrorist threat. It was a very well kept secret.
So secret in fact that our own federal law enforcement agencies and intelligence services didn't even share it with each other. Well, guess what. They still don't! Bush put together a group of people and gave them a title of Department of Homeland Security and said that all Federal, state and local Law enforcement agencies were to work together and would come under the Homeland Security Office. I know several FBI Agents and several TBI agents that are personal friends and they have both told me that they still don't share information for fear of leaks so no one is working together.
Bush also wants to allow all illegal immigrants to be able to remain in this country and give them citizienship. He has allowed them to recieve benefits such as Federal aid for housing, Food and medical attention and even allowed them to draw funds out of Social Security even though they never paid a dime into it. His tax breaks were for people that made $100,000 dollars or more and people in low income got no tax breaks.
China has been sending poison into this country in the way of pet food , human food and billions of childrens toys and Bush has not made any attempt what so ever to confront China about the lead in the paints of products being imported into this country. China knows that the products are not allowed in this country if they contain lead paint but they keep shipping them here anyway because Bush has not uttered one word to them about it.
Last night he Vetoed a bill that would help millions of low income American Children get medical attention that right now have no access to any. Now he will veto a bill that will help American children with health care yet give millions of dollars to illegal immigrants. I guess the American People are suppose to be grateful to him for actions like those. Sorry but not this American!
President Bush had the support of this entire country right after 9/11/2001 and he would have had it today had he not turned his back on America and became dedicated to his personal goals and gains. For many years prior to his being elected the oil companies always blamed OPEC for oil prices and gas prices at the pumps. It was not long after his election that gas prices began rising and it was not OPEC causing the increases. Fuel prices kept going up yet OPEC was not raising their oil prices. OPEC even lowered their prices 3 times since Bush's election and still our gas prices climbed at the pumps. Bush again did not utter a word to the oil companies about their reasoning for price increases. Why you ask? Because he already knew why prices were going up. Because the oil companies now had his protection and blessings. I suppose Americans should be thankful for that also. Not this American! You say that Americans are spoiled rotten brats. Tell that to the veterans of all of the wars they fought to give us what we have to be proud of and see what their reply to you will be. I can tell you mine since I am a veteran. I am proud of the fact that I fought and put my life on the line so you should appreciate the fact that you can be a spoiled rotten brat.
Well I have had my say on this issue. I am an American and I am proud to be an American and I am proud to be a veteran of this countries Military and I am very thankful to GOD and Country for what I have for what I have but I had a little more before President Bush than I have now but again I am thank GOD and not President Bush for my life each and every day.