[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Do you know??? Perscribed Medicines
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:37 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:50 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:53 am 

...Sounds like you may need to change doctors :sad: .....1st off the doctor or a competent
member of his staff should have explained what each med was for and what the side effects were.....He then should have made you an appointment with your
family doctor to keep up with you and your meds :D .....I cannot believe that a physcian
would put you on a blood thinner (Coumadin) and then not have your clotting times
checked at least monthly to get the proper dose (not too thin or too thick) :cry: ....as for
old & new meds...some of the old ones have been replaced with newer ones which
are better, but as with ALL meds the side effects should be weighed against the
results achieved......I agree, SOME are not worth the problems they cause......But to say you will only take the "old" meds would only penalize you.... :hmm:
....We all should have a better relationship with our docs....if they are too busy for you, then change docs and tell him or her why.....But IMHO, I think to just stop taking your meds just because you found something on the internet is foolish....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:16 am 

I agree with you on alot of the stuff you wrote Holeshot. I think Doctors are much to lacking in their time spent with their patients in most cases. I don't exactly have that problem with my personal doctor. She will take the time with me if I ask questions about medications she perscribes. The meds that she re approved are the meds that the Heart doctor put me on back last November after my heart attack. I failed to ask the right questions about those when she renewed them but I think she should have asked if I had any questions about them. It di not dawn on me to tthink about it until she made the statement that I needed to go to the hospital and have blood drawn to check my liver to make sure that the Colesterol medications are not effecting it. I will be doing that this week but that set off a warning buzzer in my head after I had left her office. When I got home I went on line and looked up the side effects on all of the meds and their side effects. Several of them offer up very similar side effects which I am experiencing. If the side effects of a medication are worse than the illiness your trying to treat then I think I would rather choose the illness (if it is not life threatening) or seek out other ways to treat it. Alot of it is also the fault of most Insurance companies and their failure to protect the patients with proper coverage. Many times the doctor write a perscription only for the patient to find out that it costs $300.00 for 30 pills and the insurance wil not cover it and their is no generic available. So either you do without the medication or you go back to your doctor and they have to write a percription for another medication that will do the job but not as well as the first one they chose and the new one has many more side effects for patients to deal with.
Also I think some new meds maybe good but every time you turn around you see new products from the drug companies on the television and all of them do relatively the same thing and all of them offer relatively the same side effects and dangers. I think Drug companies need to slow down and do alot more research on thier products instead of rushing into the market place in competition with each other and not have a truly perfected product to offer.All companies is afraid that another company is going to get to much of the market so they slam products onto the market, advertise what the product will do to help you and will add a very limited side effect list as to not scare folks away from them. The only reason for this post is to get people thinking and reminding them to ask their doctors about all of the side effects that the medications may have and what signs to look for once they begin taking them. I think also the Food and Drug Adminstration needs to take a new look at Drug Companies and maybe apply new regulations making the Drug companies slow down and see if they can make products with less side effects that can help the patient. Now all of this is JMHO.