[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Where have all the leaders gone?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:42 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:33 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:37 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:53 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:53 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:47 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:24 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:54 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

It appears that the "silent majority" is waking up...finally!!!!

I've been preaching "term limits" to do away with the professional politician for 20 years now, and no one listens...

Newt is the man for the job. We need to make him run...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:09 pm 

Gosh, this is great. Finally folks are reading posts about what is going on. I been posting them since I joined the site and basically they went un read. I really believe that both candidates Barack and John better pick healthy running mates because the VP's on either side will probably end up being President so lets see who they pick. If Barack gets elected I am sure someone will try and put him where they put Kennedy. I don't agree with it but there are two many people in this country that do feel that way against African Americans. On the other hand John McCain is 71 and had two bouts with cancer already and will most likely die from natural causes once he gets elected and feels the real pressure to fix the country. I truly belive that all of the people that could do a much better job of fixing this country stayed out of the race because they are smart enough to know they don't want to take on the challenges facing any new White House. Both parties had to run someone so these are the few that were niaeve enough to accept the job. Either way which ever person that wins the White House is going to have to surround themselves with good people that can get the job done. I don't ever see teh Congress allowing another George Bush to be in the White House playing God with other peoples Children. I don't believe another President will ever be given the kind of power Bush has had to just do what he wants to do regardless of the decisions of Congress. I think the Congress might have learned alot from Bush. They have learned that they need to be in control and not allow one man to have the control. When Bush brought up that last surge of troops to Iraq. Bush ignored anything Congress said and went straight for ward with his plans regardless. Bush went from President to DICTATOR. We don't have a Dictatorship in this country and I think the Congress should have emoved him from office right then and it could have been done with a majority Democratic Congress but instead they sit on their thumbs. I wrote my congressman right after Bush ignored the Congress and told him to begin a bill to remove him and a letter back was, If this was his first term we would but he's about done and it would take longer to get him out than he has left in office. Didn't take them that long to get Nixon out of Office for doing a whole lot less damage tot his country than Bush has done.
Now I am going to do I TOLD YOU SO part of this. I said back when Bush was seeking his second term that we would be paying $4.00 a gallon if he got elected before he left office. NO ONE LISTENED!!! I said that the economy would be in shambles and NO ONE LISTENED, I said that the war in Iraq would still be in full force when he left office. NO ONE LISTENED. Bush did not do anything really great for this country his first term to earn his second Term yet the American people put him in office AGAIN. Well now folks that put him in office will not even admit they voted for him. Wonder why that is? Now I realize that John Kerry was not the best choice the Democrats could have chosen to run. They had another man Named John Wesley Clark that would have done a great job in the White House but they didn't pick him. Now I am an Independent voter and don't vote Party Lines. I vote the best perosn for the job and I knew I was thrwing my vote away when I voted the Kerry -Edwards ticket but could not bring myself to vote for Bush.
Now that people have finally decided to come out of the Silent Majority and speak out NOW IS THE TIME!!! We are facing elections in November. Lets look at the issues both candidates are talking about closely and anything they promise they need to provide. Begin writing your Senators and Congressmen and Women now and make it quite clear to them that the Silent majority is no longer silent. Tell them that the AMERICAN PEPOLE are going to hold them totally responsible for any thing their candidate promises to do and does not do and that we will be demanding that they either keep therir candidate in line of we will make demands that they be removed from office for LYING TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE and we will not have another George Bush in the White House. DO THIS NOW... :shock: :shock: Don't put it off. Let your elected officials kow that this Country belongs to us and not them and we will hold them responsibility if this coutry does not improve and improve quick in all areas. There is a website for the Silent Majority. Go read about it and learn what they can do for us if ya'll join. I have been a member for years. Off my soap box now..... :angry:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:04 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Love this country, like most of us, born, raised and those of us that are old, drafted in 1967 US Army. Love to eat, sleep, fish and my freedom!
Have seen politics and greed get so big here last 20 years it appears to me we cant go forward anymore because our 2 parties only bicker, will not cross the lines, get together (on anything) and end result is blame each other and we all get screwed. They all have to go. We live in a different world. What worked years ago is over and does not work today. So the future will have to work itself out with new ideas and find ways of getting along.
This Country is divided and until it unites how can we move ahead?
Justice, fairness, honor, integrity and humility are lost in a sea of greed, power and selfrighteousness. There will be a cost to get back on track.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:55 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

I agree the citizens of this great country need to work it out and fix it. But you know what really scares the hell out of me? The lack of interest in doing anything but making big money for little effort or by cheating and the fact there are now so many outsiders here that the real Americans are quickly becoming a minority and the big money people don't care. They just want workers who shut up and listen. These leachs who came here and the lazy scum that was here already just want the government to do everything for them. Protect them from everything and give them stuff when they need it. They aren't capable of doing anything for themselves. Since 9/11 everyone has a hand out wanting something. That wasn't the way it was prior to the attack. When HUGO hit us who took care of us and who gave us anything? We took care of ourselves, no agency came in and offered houses, free money or anything else. Not like that now. McVeigh killed people in Oklahoma but their families got squat. Arabs killed people in NY and their families got wealthy. How's that right? It just goes on and on. RM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:29 am 

I have often wondered if there is even enough true blue blooded Americans left in this country to actually do anything to turn around what is happening to it. I can remember when the people of thsi country objected to something that was taking place the people would change it. Like Lee said in his book. Where have all the leaders gone? I wonder why people will sit back and not plan beyond tomorrow. Do they just think the country is going to heal itself? I got news for them it ain't. We are going to find out most of the Baby Boomers are approaching retirement and there are not enough left to make a difference and the children of the Baby Boomers for the most part have been so poorly discipline that they don't think they need to listen to what they are told because they either know it alls or are to dumb to realize it. No happy medium. But take beat yourself up for it if you are one of the Baby Boomers cause the problem does not lay with you. The problem lies with the system and what it did not allow us to do. It did not allow us to raise our children. It only allowed us to support them and pay their bills, but not raise, dicipline and teach them the real values that we as Baby Boomers and the generations taught their children. No morales, no respect, no self-control, no nothing.
My grandchildren don't visit me to often anymore now that they are adolesances because they do't have to. Alot of that was because I never allowed them to get away with what they do when at home. I told them when they were young that they needed to learn respect for their elders and as long as they were in my home they would respect me. Well, I guess it is my fault they don't come and visit me but I will not allow them to disrpect me. I guess I was to hard on them. I know that this country is going down hill fast and I know that I will be gone but I think about their lives and all I can do is feel sorry for what they will have to live with. If I was 20 years younger I might speak out more loudly but I have done alot of thinking and I have accepted the fact that if I want to drive anyplace this spring I will be paying $4.00 a gallon for gasolene and if I want to eat eggs for breakfast I will pay $3.00 a dozen for them or just do without. Nothing is going to be done to alter that because the people with the power to do it have also accepted it as a way of life also. This once great country has been reduced down to only to things. One is the desire for the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR and the other is THE POWER THAT COMES WITH HAVING IT.