[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - What can be done about these high gas prices?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:23 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

I see a cover up. Water Gate! :roll: :roll: :shock: :hmm: :hmm: :sleeping: :mrgreen: :lol: 8)

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:36 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Ok this is a topic that has been discussed several times and their is 9 fifferent posts against what is going on and one that finds ways to defend what the oil companies are doing by making excuses for them as to why they are doing what they are doing. I am not a college graduate but I am well seasoned in life and I know when to call a spade a spade. I know that there are many things our oil companies could do to make it a little easier on the American people but they have no intentions of doing it while they are enjoying such great profits each quarter with total disregard for what they are doing to this country and it's economy. By the time they have broke this country they will be all wealthy, fat and sassy and won't care. This is nothing more than plain greed at the expense of the American people. Now I don't care about the economy in China except if it was not for us they would still be a struggling nation. We can thank NAFTA for that. I don't care about the Demand for oil in Asia because they have well more than enough oil to well take care of their supply and demand. It was mentioned that our oil companies did not invest anything for their future during the unstable 90's. That is not our fault. That is their fault. This has all been a well plan scheme in order to boost their profits and not spend anything in doing so. I realze that it is not just 5 or 6 people running a company and trying to get rich. It is a bunch of greedy people wanting to get rich quick and all would like to retire with a 450 million dollar program like the Exxon CEO 8 years did. They don't care if the middle class working family can put food on the table and pay their mortgage. As long as they can get as much of his money as possible for fuel. The people that make excuses for oil companies are not part of the solution but part of the problem. I would imagine that they possibly have oil stock somewhere. They blame auto makers for building gas guzzling vehicles and then blame people for buying them. Back in the 70s it was mentioned that when gas got high that many Americans purchased Imported cars from Japan to save on gas. Well that played right into the hands of the Japanese Economy and now as you can see they have now infiltrated this country with Japanese owned auto plants who's cars now don't get better fuel milage then the newer American made Automobiles and Totota has passed Ford as the # 2 auto maker in this country and all of the Profits go back to Japan.
I have always said the EPA does far more damage then good and have even proven it. In 1982 I showed to EPA how to make a car run Cleaner and have lower emissions without altering the Fuel mixtures forcing the oil companies more expenses and placing more burden on the Automakers to build cleaner running cars and trucks. They looked at my tests and evidence and were in total agreement that I had proven to them that I was completely correct. Then I was told that the EPA had no plans of using my program because it would mean moving backwards instead of forwards and might or would cause the unemployment of thousands of Americans that were building all of the different parts necessary to control the emissions that were designed by the EPA. The EPA was never under any conditions going to admit that back in 1975 they screwed up with one small calculation. It was not an accident that they made this error. It was deliberate to be able to be in control of our lives. I took a 1955 Chevolet that had a 327 cid 375 HP and two 650 cfm 4 barrel carburators and high compression pistons to one of their testing centers and they took the 1982 Lincoln they were driving and we had both cars tested. The reading tolerances in 1982 was Hydrocarbons of 3.0 and Carbon Dioxide was 1.25 to pass emissions standards. The 1982 Lincoln readings were HDC 1.75 and the CO was .75, both passing. The 1955 Chevolet readings were HDC 0.00 and the CO was 0.00. The 1955 Chevolet was producing a total of zero emissions. The American People Screwed again. All the EPA would have needed to do was tell the automakers to increase the internal compression in the conbustion chambers from the 9.1 they were using at present to an 11.1.1 Compression and they would have lower emissions by 90% with stock new cars and not need to add Catalyst Converters and recirculation systems and fresh air pumps and A.I.R. pipes to burn the wasted fuel entering the exhaust system. The higher compression in the combustion chambers would have a much higher burn content and very little to none escaping into the exhaust.
I grew up in an oil refinery town and in the town there was 7 Refineries Shell, Unical (union76), Texaco, Phillips 66, ENCO(Exxon) Pure Oil and Mobil. The EPA came in and in less than 6 months placed restrictions on all 7 refineries that the Oil Companies took all of them off line and closed them down. Instead of upgrading them they close them and unemploy over 10,000 people that had been working in them for 3 and 4 generations in 90 days. Now they said that because of EPA regulations it costs more to make fuel and they have less refineries in operation to meet the supply and demand and have not looked at building new ones even though they know the demand is rising. They would much rather take the profits and give them to a CEO when he retires. 450 Million dollars could have retro fitted and brought 3 or possible 4 of the closed refineries back online within EPA requirements. But that would have also meant meeting supply and demand easier and not having that excuse to drive fuel prices up.
Now I can go on and on but it is just going to make more people upset because we already know that any way we look at it the American people are being Raped by our Governments agencies from A-Z.
Back in the 70's the Government was responsible for setting the allowed fuel prices through Government Regulations thus keeping the oil companies in control. In the 80s the Government saw fit to de-regulate fuel regulations telling the oil companies that they were going to trust them to govern them selves. Well as you can see the oil companies are not smart enough to do that so I think when we have a new person coming to the White House. I am all for the Government going back taking control of regulating fuel prices and if necessary nationalize the oil companies and put a Government panel together to control the oil company operations and profits. Ok I'm done. Hit me with your best shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:19 pm 
Dang softy, you're getting me fired up on a Friday! Makes me want to punch a CEO or somthing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:55 pm 

You would think that the oil companies would realize that if they drive prices up to where they ruin the world economy then their billions are worth less (because the dollar is worth less). If they would just cut their profits in half and actually give the world economy a boost they would be just as profitable because the dollar would be worth more.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:42 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Softy, I just know you didn't say put a government panel together. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:26 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:53 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Well its my turn. It seems to me that one of the best posts here is by cidgrad. We as a people have contributed heavily to the problem by not sticking with American products. A lot of this started back in the 60's when we wrapped our arms around the Volkswagen Beetle and that morphed into the Jap cars and all their spinoffs like Yamaha engines. Our countries wealth has been shipped overseas. In the past 15 years or so the main competition is now from China. The last two administrations at least have allowed a giant transformation to occur where all of our manufacturing jobs have first gone to Japan and now to China. Both China and India with populations each of over 1 billion people are OUR competition for a scare product called crude oil. They want it as much as we do and are willing to pay $110 a barrel. YIKKES.. I have a personal friend in Georgia that witnessed the changes in China from about 25 years back when 99% of all transportation was via bike. Now there are millions of little cars all burning gasoline.

India has not really gotten to that point yet but they are catching up rapidly.

Our foolish government officials have allowed the ENVIRONMENTALISTS to put our businesses in positions we simply cannot compete. For example the treaty to reduce air pollution and perhaps reduce global warming. If we MAKE our businesses put in this expensive equipment do you really think China and India will too? Get real! Our prices will go up for sure.

Your are right!.. We have tons of OIL within the borders of the USA that SOMEONE has kept us from using. Anyone want to guess where the oil is and who won't let us use it? Incase you can't guess let me help you. Its the Democrats and their buddies the environmentalists. We cannot use OUR COUNTRIES oil off the shores of FL, GA, SC CA or the lands in AK as well as within any National Park or Federal property such as USFS,Corps of Engineer or BLM land. That's MILLIONS of acres that are off limits. If use of the petroleum reserves are not outlawed directly the complex NEPA (National Environmental Protection Act) laws and requirements are so complex it amounts to banning the occurance of use by US. I wonder which party passed this and these laws? Some of you might be able to guess. If not write?

For the past 7 years I have told my wife the real issue that remains unspoken in these past and present elections is the position of why on EARTH would any country allow another country (China) to trade in our country with a trade deficit of ??XXXXX 10,000 to 1. We allowed Japan to begin the process with first their junk (trinkets etc) then cars and televisions and now electronics. Now come the Chinese with more trinkets, clothing, food, and toxic toys and eventually cars trucks.. etc. I would suggest that we as a country say to the world we are really glad to trade with you BUT when your purchases of our good fall behind your imports into the USA by (pick a number) 15 % then that country would not be allowed to ship more good into the USA for another year. Prices would go up for a while but employment would also go up. All of those empty factories in SC would suddenly be full of happy workers making things like cotton goods and others might make cars or boat engines with American names.

GET EM SOFTY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:29 am 

I think you did a great case of covering all the issues coontie. We as Amrricans have failed and put far to much trust in the people were elect into office. We put them in office to protect our interests and country and they sell us out to the highest bidders. And all most do is sit back and take it. There are people such as myself that will speak out and tell them I am against this and I am against that but it falls on deaf ears because I am only one American and my single voice means nothing. My ex girlfriend knew that any day someone would blow the house up because of the HELL I would raise about the issues going on in Washingto DC. I will write the elected officials I voted for and raise 900 kinds of HELL with the and make it quite clear to them that I did not vote for them so they could go to Washington and be stupid and vote for stuff that is not in the best interest of this country and the American people. China ahs become the largest industrial country in the world and I can promise you they don't give a DAMN about the Envoirment. They have steel mills producing 100 times the amount of polution our steel mill ever produced and believe me China does not care. They are raking in the bucks selling steel back to America. The price of junk steel began climbing here and most folks don't know why and don't care cause the Scrap Metal companies were raking in the bucks sell the steel we bought from China for $3000.00 a ton and they were able to buy it back for $100.00 a ton.
Folks the air China makes today we are breathing 3 days from now. The air we make they breath in 3 days. The North American Continent is actually the only country with the EPA that enforces the Enviromental Protection Act. All of teh other countries of the world just say they are working on theirs when in all reality the only thing they are working on is RAPING AMERICA. If yu don't believe me about the air situation let the EPA do a reading of the air conditions over California one day and then let them wait 3 days and do another reading and it will have major changes and the EPA blames California for this problem when it is actually China and Russia and several other far eastern countries creating the problem. That is why California has the strictest EPA guide lines because that is where most of the Foreign pollution makes land first as it travels through the atmosphere on weather fronts.
I could go on and on but for what good? No one is going to step up to the plate and do anything about it. I boldly told everyone in the last election that if they voted for Bush Gasolene would be 4 to 5 bucks a gallon before he left office but no one listened. Well this is what folks get for not listening. I am not against the Republican party nor am I a party line Democrat. I am an American that votes the person and not the Party and I am an indenpendent voter which allows me to cross party lines and vote the person I feel will best fill a position in Government. That was what our Fore Fathers had planned out for America. Now we are looking at possibly putting Muslim in the White House? We are at war with them around the world so I guess folks think we should have one in the White House too. That shows great intelligence now doesn't it? They say his funding is coming in from people that are supporting him in contributions of 10 to 20 dollars. How many people actually believe that? His money is coming from radical Muslims groups and anyone with any sense at all show realize that. I will try and put an article here giving some back ground on this issue. It reads a headline of THIS GUY SCARES ME.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:33 am 

I am glad that people realize this!

> > >>

> > >> Obama 'Frightens Me'. The

> > >> Bible has warned us that 'A man will come from the

> > >> East that will be

> > >> charismatic in nature and have proposed solutions

> > >> for all our problems

> > >> and his rhetoric will attract many supporters!'

> > >>

> > >> When will our

> > >> pathetic Nation quit turning their back on God and

> > >> understand that this

> > >> man is 'A Muslim'....First, Last and always....and

> > >> we are AT WAR with

> > >> the Muslim Nation, whether our bleeding-heart,

> > >> secular, Liberal friends

> > >> believe it or not. This man fits every description

> > >> from the Bible of

> > >> the 'Anti-Christ'!

> > >>

> > >> I'm just glad to know that there are others that are

> > >> frightened by this man!

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> Who is Barack Obama?

> > >>

> > >> Very interesting and something that should be

> > >> considered in your choice.

> > >>

> > >> If

> > >> you do not ever forward anything else, please

> > >> forward this to all your

> > >> contacts...this is very scary to think of what lies

> > >> ahead of us here in

> > >> our own United States...better heed this and pray

> > >> about it and share it.

> > >>

> > >> snopes.com ..' confirms this is factual. Check for

> > >> yourself.

> > >>

> > >> Who is Barack Obama?

> > >>

> > >> Probable

> > >> U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama

> > >> was born in

> > >> Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a

> > >> black MUSLIM from

> > >> Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white

> > >> ATHEIST from Wichita ,

> > >> Kansas.

> > >>

> > >> Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii.

> > >>

> > >> When

> > >> Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His

> > >> father returned to

> > >> Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a

> > >> RADICAL Muslim from

> > >> Indonesia.

> > >>

> > >> When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to

> > >> Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in

> > >> Jakarta. He also spent two

> > >> years in a Catholic school.

> > >>

> > >> Obama takes great care to conceal

> > >> the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point

> > >> out that, 'He was

> > >> once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic

> > >> school.'

> > >>

> > >> Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it

> > >> appear that that he is not a radical.

> > >>

> > >> Obama's

> > >> introduction to Islam came via his father, and that

> > >> this influence was

> > >> temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama

> > >> returned to Kenya soon

> > >> after the divorce, and never again had any direct

> > >> influence over his

> > >> son's

> > >> education.

> > >>

> > >> Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's

> > >> mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam.

> > >> Obama was enrolled

> > >> in a Wahabi school in Jakarta.

> > >>

> > >> Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching

> > >> that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are

> > >> now waging Jihad

> > >> against the western world. Since it is politically

> > >> expedient to be a

> > >> CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the

> > >> United States, Barack

> > >> Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ

> > >> in an attempt to

> > >> downplay his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind

> > >> that when he was

> > >> sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but

> > >> instead the Koran.

> > >>

> > >> Barack

> > >> Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of

> > >> Allegiance nor will he show

> > >> any reverence for our flag. While others place their

> > >> hands over their

> > >> hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and

> > >> slouches. Do you want

> > >> someone like this as your PRESIDENT?

> > >>

> > >> Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected

> > >> presidential candidacy.

> > >>

> > >> The

> > >> Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US

> > >> from the inside out,

> > >> what better way to start than at the highest level -

> > >> through the

> > >> President of the United States, one of their own!

> > >>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:45 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator