[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - The Hill on Friday
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:27 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Hill on Friday
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:34 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Well after fishing Thursday at Lake Suck'Session we hadn't had enough, so we decided to visit The Hill. We put in down at the Parksville Ramp and fished out there around the islands, humps and points and watched the sun rise. Even got to watch the Eagle waiting on him a fish. We caught "some" fish on top water or should I say Monk caught some on top water. Well we had enough of this and started throwing a CR and Shakey head, you nose like the Pro's do. We ended up catching a few fish doing this new found technique that the Pro's have started using. A number of fish were boated and number of small tales were told during this adventure. So if you are going down to the Hill in the next few days after this Holiday weekend take you a small pack of finese worms, curl tail worms or your favorite color and coat them with CB HAWG SAUCE and hold on.

Really enjoyed the day with Big Monk and Terminator it is always a Tall Tale when we get together. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Attachments:
Monk & Terninator.jpg
Monk & Terninator.jpg [ 22.51 KiB | Viewed 8976 times ]
The Eagle has landed.jpg
The Eagle has landed.jpg [ 12.51 KiB | Viewed 8976 times ]
Sunrise service at The Hill.jpg
Sunrise service at The Hill.jpg [ 10.99 KiB | Viewed 8976 times ]

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject: Re: The Hill on Friday
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:39 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Some times you have a lot more fun just taking a camera and taking pictures than catching fish. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Attachments:
s Bass.jpg
s Bass.jpg [ 21.16 KiB | Viewed 8974 times ]
s Bass.jpg
s Bass.jpg [ 20.92 KiB | Viewed 8974 times ]

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:41 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Booger.....nice picts. You just about the nearest thing we got to good ol' Retiredguy!!!! LOL I mean that as a Compliment. CYA

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:47 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Thanks, JoJo! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: The world would be a better place if we all followed in his footsteps. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:32 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

I would like to thank my camera man for giving me the time to lay down on the front deck, so EYE coulds professionally lip my fish. Also thanks for the hand in helping me get back up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fun, Fellowship and Fishing. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Attachments:
Joey May 2008 at The Hill.jpg
Joey May 2008 at The Hill.jpg [ 35.17 KiB | Viewed 8964 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:14 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

No worries Booger....if'n youda lay there 5 minutes Green Peace woulda come by and rolled you back in! LOL

All Hail the SHADE MASTER!!!! LOL CYA

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:27 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

After seeing this picture I thought I was Obligated to post this.

How to Save a Beached Whale

For hundreds of years, people have wondered why whales beach themselves. Marine scientists, who refer to the events as strandings, can explain some situations as a sick or disoriented animal. But the truth is that whales cannot live for very long out of the water. Follow these steps.

Step1-Contact the authorities with your location and as much detail about the whale as you can offer. The best people to call are the local marine mammal stranding network. Authorized by the National Marine Fisheries Service, marine mammal stranding networks cover all coastal areas in the United States. If you cannot reach a stranding network, try wildlife personnel or the police.

Step2-Collect as many buckets as possible. Outside of the water, a whale cannot maintain its body temperature and its skin dries out, leading to death. Staying clear of the whale's blowhole (the opening at the back of the head through which it breathes) pour buckets of water on the beached whale to help its skin stay cool and wet.

Step3-Follow the instructions of the stranding or wildlife personnel, who have the necessary training for these situations. The remaining steps may be similar to their instructions to help save a whale.

Step4-Cover the whale with water-soaked burlap bags to keep it cool and protect it from sunburn. Keep the blowhole and fins free of any restrictions.

Step5-Understand that the purpose of aiding a beached whale is to get it back into the ocean. It may be possible for many people to push a small whale back in the ocean. Realize that a confused whale may resist movement.

Step6-Dig a trench next to the whale if you have the equipment. The trench can fill with water, which helps keep whale wet.

Step7-Wait for the tide. When the tide comes in, a whale should be able to slip back into the ocean if it's not too weak.

Why is it after I push one for English I still can't understand The person on the other end?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:03 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Well Momma was exhausted after she had me,
took two nurses to hold me, and one nurse to slap me.
Doctor turned to momma and he shook his head,
wiped the sweat off his brow, and then he said ,
"This boys way off the charts, as far as I can tell,
ooo brrrr momma he's a double X L!"

By the second grade I was 5' 2"!
Fifth grade I was wearing a size 12 shoe!
Eighth grade I was shopping at the, Big and Tall,
and the coaches had me playing High School football.
Uncle Roy said "Boy you'll make the NFL!
ooo brrrrr son, you're a double XL!"

Double XL, Double XL!
Dont call me on the phone just ring my dinner bell.
Double XL Double XL!
Im a lean, mean, love machine that likes to be held,
ooo brrrrr baby Im a double XL!

Here we go!

Country cuties in Texas,
string bikinis in Florida,
Barbie Dolls driving Lexus, out in California.
A skinny little pretty boy aint what they wanna hold,
they want a real man with meat on his bones!
I'll yank their Yankees, ring their Southern Bells,
they say "ooo brrrr we love a double XL!"

Well double XL, double XL
Dont call me on the phone just ring my dinner bell!
Double XL, double XL!
Im a lean mean love machine that likes to be held,
ooo brrrr baby Im a double XL!

Double XL solo!

Well double XL, double XL
Dont call me on the phone just ring my dinner bell!
Double XL, double XL!
Im a lean mean love machine that likes to be held,
ooo brrrr baby Im a double XL!
Well if you have any doubts
come see for yourself,
why all the girls love a double XL
ooo brrrrr yeah Im a double XL!

YEAAAH!

Oh ohhh!

Triple XL too!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:30 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**