[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - 1-28-06 Club Tournament, Rebel Bassmasters Jan tx
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:04 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:05 pm 

Club blasted off at 8 AM. Charlie Picked me up at 8 AM and we made tracks to Dorn Boating Facility. Stopped for biscuits at Hardee's in McCormick. We dropped the fishing machine off at the ramp and took off across the lake. Caught our first 2 fish within sight of the opening to Dorn. I caught those and one was a right nice one at a couple of pounds. Both fish caught on a LC Jerkbait. Then we went down the lake below Wells Creek but not to Shriver Creek. Fished an Island down there that we had fished before. Way out on the shallow point the old LC Jerkbait stuck into a large fish. Charlie said it was green. Well, I knew it was a honey by the way it was pulling... When I got it close to the boat it made a nose dive under the boat to the other side. I just knew the fish was going to break off dragging the line against the bottom of the boat. But I managed to coax it back over to our side.. Finally was able to raise it enough for Charlie to slip the net under it. 7.21 pound Largemouth. We got closer to the island and was drifting down the outside edge and I caught another keeper on the LC Jerkbait.. Between the two of us we caught 7 keeper largemouths just driftng down by that island and then going back and drifting back down again. I wound up with a 5 fish limit after culling a couple. Charlie put 4 in the boat... to take to weigh in....... So I won the tounament with 13 something and I thin Charlie was third. All our fish today came on Lucky Craft lures except one on a worm that Charlie brought in. tightlines... retiredguy

Attachments:
File comment: Retiredguy 7.21 pounds Clarks Hill
P1010001 (Small).JPG
P1010001 (Small).JPG [ 38.2 KiB | Viewed 10559 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:12 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Wow! Way to go RG! You almost got Champ203 on that big fish! I didn't think anyone would even come close. Good job bud!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:47 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Good catch RG! :mrgreen: Congrads on the win and that BIG OLD fish you got there! :mrgreen: Never even put a fish in the boat down there today! :mrgreen:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:55 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Way to go RG :!: :!: :shock: you are on a roll with the *BIG UN's* congrats on the club win also----- :!: Like I said, you is one cool dude :cool: :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:01 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Good Job guys....7# is a nice one anywhere anytime... It'll make me stick w/ that Jerk Bait longer next time...CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:17 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Congratz on the win and on the HAWG. That's the fish I needed today. The Bass Gods must of place that 7+ # in the wrong place at the wrong time for me and the right place and right time for you. LOL.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:37 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

HEY HEY HEY... :cool: Sweet sack RG! Congrats on big fish and the WIN!
PM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:30 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

WTG RTG, Great day on the water and some great fish to go along with it no counting the TX win.................. :smile: :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:10 pm 
Hartwell Moderator
Hartwell Moderator

Congratulations on the big fish and first place!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:42 pm 

Way to go RG...Isaac and I left you plenty of fish at Greenwood. We both caught a keeper but the highlight of the day was the fish that Isaac (my 12 year old) hooked first thing in the morning. It appeared that he was hung on something (rod doubled up) when all of the sudden his snag started making off for deep water. He fought it to within 15 feet or so of the boat and it came unbuttoned. Don't know what kind of fish it was but it wasn't shaking its head like a striper so I surmise that he had a big ole Greenwood Lunker on......

Provided conversation for us the rest of the day.

Congratulations on the big win and I appreciate you not beating my big fish weight for January.

Peace,
Don<><

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congradulations !!!

Nice fish too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:08 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

You're on a roll RTG!

Thoreau

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:00 pm 

Great fish! Isn't it amazing how much stress fishing line can take at times and how little it takes at other times?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:45 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:29 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member