[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Greenwood Drawdown
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greenwood Drawdown
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:02 pm 
Hartwell Moderator
Hartwell Moderator

I heard tody from some Greenwood folks that they are starting to draw Greenwood down and plan to pull it down to the river to repair the dam anyone else heard or know anything about this.

Post subject: Re: Greenwood Drawdown
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

don't think so...have not heard or received any mail that but that rumor was around last year too. they do have the extra 1% tax measure in the county 7% with 1 supposedly going for lake work...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:47 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Don't worry--it's only a small hole in the ""dam"""----I saw a small young boy,with his thumb in the hole and he has the leak stopped for now :thumbs_up: He has to start back to school in a few weeks, and will need some relief-------any volunteers :?: ----please contact Greenwood County council, or the lake management team to apply for this job and get pre-qualified :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

:o think he pulled his thumb out already...all the water's gone from up here :sad:
Does the C Council have a calendar? No water in July? Thought that was suppose to be Jan/Feb. Hey, Murray's full and you can go up the rivers...way up.... :wink: Lot's a water

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:23 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Dang, we have a club night tourney on Greenwood on the 8th. Just how far is the water going down?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:05 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

It's down about 3'..you'll be fine :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:54 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

The lake is not going down any faster. They are running the same amount of water required, they have been running for years. That is one reason you can't catch the fish like you once did behind the dam. NO RAIN! Plus you have more houses using the water from the lake to water their grass. I wonder how much they are going to like the green grass when they have no more water. All the drinking water comes from the lake also. Plus you have 2 Golf Courses on the Lake that are not going to have Brown Grass. Anybody with one of them High Dollar homes that think they need to have the green grass year round has a pump and timer set up to run, run, run. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

The 1 cent tax hike money is also going for a new Reading Book Store and they have started work on it. The "Dam" money I don't think will be there until the end of 2009, so look for the "Dam" work to start around the end of next year.

Show up at the next Greenwood County Coucil meeting, drill their A$$es on some of this stuff and see if they can make it rain they think they can do any thing else.

Butt if you think about it and look back at any of the conditions you can blame it on that Government started program they call it the FERC ( I Think!). Big Brother at it's best, all counties that have a lake have to send them so much money each year and they do a study and tell the county how they should manage their lake. :shock:

Do Indian Rain Dance! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:05 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:32 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:00 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:07 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:57 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Hi Boogerman my family have had a house on Greenwood sense 1965 we are in Skippers cove half way down in the left finger on the right, we have our on boat landing at the house. When i was a kid that cove was 12 feet deep in front of our house, i walked all the way across it over the 4th with the water down where it was then the cove was only about 5 feet deep. You are right they need to drage the lake but it is killing the use of our place with the water this low. this is the lowest that i can remember in the 43 years we have been there. I live in Charlotte NC. and we try to come down often i love that lake and i hate to see it like this. i look at the level everyday and it is steady going down funny the last rain made it yump up but only for a day and it went down twice as fast after it had come up . i just hope this is not what we are going to see from greenwood county. As a kid i fished the lake every summer i don't do much fishing now but we still love the lake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:02 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Hi Boogerman my family have had a house on Greenwood sense 1965 we are in Skippers cove half way down in the left finger on the right, we have our on boat landing at the house. When i was a kid that cove was 12 feet deep in front of our house, i walked all the way across it over the 4th with the water down where it was then the cove was only about 5 feet deep. You are right they need to drage the lake but it is killing the use of our place with the water this low. this is the lowest that i can remember in the 43 years we have been there. I live in Charlotte NC. and we try to come down often i love that lake and i hate to see it like this. i look at the level everyday and it is steady going down funny the last rain made it yump up but only for a day and it went down twice as fast after it had come up . i just hope this is not what we are going to see from greenwood county. As a kid i fished the lake every summer i don't do much fishing now but we still love the lake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:38 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator