SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fishing Trip gone Bad.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:00 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Hey guys be careful out there if you are planning a fishing trip.

The South Carolina Department of Natural Resource’s dive is searching for the body a 38-year-old man in Lake Greenwood after he drowned today in an area near Whitten Road in Laurens County.

According to the first officer on the scene, Cpl. Jimmy Johnson of the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office the man and one other person were in a small John boat fishing when the boat started to fill with water. He said the two started rowing to shore but the boat flipped over. One person was able to swim to shore. The other drowned. Divers were still searching for the man’s body about 30 yards off of the shore in waters about 16 feet around 2:30 pm today.

The drowning occurred at about 11:00 am Friday morning. As of 2:30 pm Friday the man's body was still in the water. His identity has not yet been released. The Laurens County Coroner’s Office is on scene.

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:29 pm 

Fox news id'd him as Jerry Bowers Jr. of Crosshill. 38 yrs old. Pray for his family and friends. CQ.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:05 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Things happen too fast on the water. Changed my plans today after I saw the high wind advisory for where I am. Gusts to 40 mph. Sustained winds at 25 to 30. No fun and as old as I ma gettin not worth the risk.

I hate it for this fella and his family. As cold as that water is you only have a few minutes. What a shame. Prayers for all involved.