[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Brush Piles
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brush Piles
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm 

Somebody told me putting brush in Greenwood was illeagal now. Has anyone else heard this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:38 am 

That would be about stupid if it were true, so Im guessing it is true. Stupid DNR!!! Dont check creel but by gosh will hammer you if you put fish habitate in the lake.
Sounds about right to me, bunch of idiots!

Post subject: Re: Brush Piles
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

i have also heard this. but i have heard also if u live on the lake and have a pier u can put brush out as long as its tied off to yor pier. which i believe is stupid to i hate rope in the lake just lost a lucky craft yesterday pretty sure it was a rope in the brush pile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

im pretty sure that technically you need a permit to put brush in any lake but ive never heard of it being enforced

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:39 pm 

Yeah Ive heard that too, but who is dumb enough to ask permission & give them a chance to tell you no. Especially when there is nothing in the world wrong with it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:51 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

DNR has never opposed building habitats for fish or wildlife. Plus, the Creel Clerk will check your creel and has been checking creels for sometime on the lake, but he will not pull up and ask to check your creel and be cursed out, he will tell you to have a good day and leave. Some of the "Pro" fishermen out there don't like to be asked question or the ones that are scared he will pass informatio onto someone else. The Brush Piles in the Lake, you can Thank, Greenwood County Lake Manager for that deal, he has been told by people that brush needs to go and that would stop people from fishing around their docks. So don't be blaming DNR or the DNR Person running creels, THANK your high dollar LAKE MANAGER that your permit on your pier and your county taxes are covering those two positions, with trucks, boats, and free gas card to ride around out there and check peoples docks.

Try and post this before it times out! Man I wish the site was like it once was!

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:28 pm 

Thanks Boogerman for the info. I get so mad at people that abuse the creel limit & it happens more time than not, then I go fishing for an entire day & do good to put five fish in the boat. While Im not the greatestest fisherman in the world I am far from the worst. I do everything the pros say do & get little results most days. I refuse to believe its me or that the fish just arent biting. I think it has a lot to do with the low number of fish in the lake IMO. I may be wrong but that is my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:18 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well there are several ways to look at this Watermelon Seed. With Bass fishing being the number one sport fishing Bass are pressured alot. Many folks eat Bass which I am not one. Now you have a lake director telling you that Bursh piles are illegal which brush piles offer more then just a place to catch fish but it also plays a major in givving bass fry a place to hide right after the spawns. Now you remove the bass fry cover which makes them a bigger part of the food chain for other fish, You don't have a bass stocking program and you have people eating bass. My opinion is every bass lake in the country is suffering from Bass populations which in turn will make them harder to catch when you go fishing. The only lakes that don;t have this problem are the ones in states that are smart enough to realize that great Bass fishing means major tourism dollars. Florida, Alabama, Texas, California and up until the Drug Cartels took over Mexico Bass fishing was their third largest source of income in the country because all of them have great bass stocking programs. JMHO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:38 pm 

You are dead on the money softbaitmaker, brush piles offer alot to all fish & the success of their young. I have tried to think of a negative in putting brush piles out & I just cant think of one. Im sure the Lake manager or some other all knowing could give me a list of negatives, I sure wished they would I would love to hear them.