[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Looking for a little insight
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:17 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:00 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I have a BASS tournament on Lake Greenwood on april 5th. I am a non-boater fishing the BASS Weekend Series and I've never laid eyes on or set foot in or around Lake Greenwood.

I was wondering what is to be expected of the fishing for that time of year. My first guess is that there will be a lot of spawning going on? Does it just have largemouth or does it have spots and smallies too? Clear or stained water? You know, things like that. Not looking for any spots or anything of that nature. Like I said, I'm a non-boater so it won't be up to me where we fish.

I appreciate any help y'all can lend.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:17 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Large Mouth Bass and some Spots. Should be a bunch of spawning going on. Not sure what water color will be at that time. That time of year if we get a bunch of rain it could be colored from one end to the other.

The Long Shot kids benefit tounament March 29th and the Troopers tournament April 12th.

Plus we have our Plant Tournament during the week you are talking about.

Just have to wait and see what the weather is like closer to the date you are talking about.

Hope this helps. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:23 pm 

Just bring a buzzbait, a pop-r, a #5 shadrap, and a c-rig. You're at the driver's mercy anyway.........He will tell you what to bring when you meet him.

Always demonstrating rectitude and high-mindedness on and off the water.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:02 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

With my tournament only about a month away, I figured I'd revive my thread and see if any additional information was available.

Thanks for the info Boogerman and Phoneman. :thumbs_up:

Phoneman, I know I'm at the mercy of the boater but I like to have a general feel for the pattern(s) I could be faced with during the tournament. Since I'll be staying in a hotel during the tournament, I can't just run back to my house in West Columbia and grab what I need after I speak with my boater at the pairing/registration meeting and then haul tail back up to Lake Greenwood. Besides, I have WAY too much gear to bring it all with me. It's alot easier to grab ten rods and then scale it back to five or six then it is to grab fifty rods and do the same. If I can get some ideas of what pattern(s) will be going on at the time, I can grab gear that will fit the pattern(s).

Besides, your boater doesn't always shoot straight with you when you ask him what you're going to be doing. I had a BASS tournament on Murray this past Saturday. At the registration/pairing meeting, I asked my boater what we were going to do and he told me we were heading way up the river and and we were going to be fishing shallow stained/dirty water. So when I got back to the house, I rigged my rods accordingly. Well, when we launched of course we headed DOWN THE LAKE and fished clear deep water. When we hit our first spot I spent the first couple minutes retying baits to fit the conditions. Point being, you can't always wait for the your boater to tell you what to bring.

I've been told Greenwood fishes similar to Wateree...is this true?

With the apparent warming trends, is it still safe to say the spawn will be in full swing then (April 5th)?

Again, thanks for any help y'all can lend me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:47 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Figure stained water and it is somewhat like Wateree..spawn should begin soon-somewhere around your tx.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:17 pm 

My three favorite lures at Greenwood during this time are S/B.... S/B...... and S/B! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:40 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Pm me