[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Bfl entry fees....
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:58 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bfl entry fees....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:24 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

They have gotten out of hand on the entry fees for boaters now. When they went from 200$ to 250$ and the payout stayed the same alot of people were mad, well next year it's 300$ and I bet the payback will be the same as this year. Probably pulling money for better payout for the Tour so they won't loose more anglers. Well guess a working man like myself is out, 300$ to steep for me....Enjoy

Post subject: Re: Bfl entry fees....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:04 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

ya i was thinkin about donating next year - no way am i donating $300 though to the local hammers round here

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:26 pm 

I’m pretty sure they said all the extra entry fees would go directly to the regionals and all American.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:50 pm 

they need to have a good local team trail where the director doesn't put the money in his pocket. say 200-400 per team and pay out some good cash not just all to first place. none of this 20 dollar big fish crap either, make big fish $5. do it for the fisherman not your pocket

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:16 pm 

Want a 200 -400 entry and cry about 20 big??????

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:18 pm 

Find me 20 boats that want to fish and I'll put the tournament on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:49 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

If you want a big, well run team trail you should fish Boating Atlanta. Better than the old HDs. They are about to throw some big money out at Clark’s Hill 3 day championship. Granted the $$ makes the most sense out of a skeeter but very well run. The schedule keeps the hammers balanced and no cheaters.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:40 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

There was a good trail (Fish the Fall) with a $200 entry, a $3000 first place and $10000 championship, but people complained about the entry fee, and the turn out dropped.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:04 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:54 pm 

I don't mind either $5 or $20 big fish...what is annoying as hell is when they do the $40 per boat and $50 side pot or whatever the numbers are...hell make the entry what you want it and carry on. The whole side pot deal is stupid......also the payout on most of the tournys now is like 1 in 4 or less ,even when they advertise different, they never payback the right way. and when they have 20 boats and want to pay 10 places so "everybody has a chance to win a little money" They will say they are paying back 1 in 5 but will pay 3 places with 11 boats....or advertise 1 in 7 and pay 3 places with 14 boats... :roll:

I wish we could get enough people up to have a decent entry fee trail with a good payback myself, but instead everybody still wants to advertise the ole "$1000 first place" guarantee when its really not that good of a deal. Back when that first started ,entry fees were still like $40, now they still advertise the same "$1000 first place" but entry fee is $100 or more.

Oh well, with the amount of tournys out there every Saturday now, I doubt there will ever be another good paying trail around here that draws a good crowd. At least im older and got to experience the good ole days of Jerry Rhyne and trails like that

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

I do agree we need a big team trail for our area meaning Savannah River Lakes. $300/$500 team trail. 5 tournaments and a qualified championship. Bfl cost is $300 now so each event will cost you around $500 minimum per event. If some one was to put a team trail of that caliber it will kill the sav. River div. bfl.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:34 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Everyone has been telling me about the skeeter trail. Soumds really good with 25k championship until i seen the hammers still won it so i would be wasting my time and money

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:57 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Rampey blew that one out just like the bfls so if anyone knows of one he is not going to fish let me know so i have a chance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:27 pm 

You ain't gonna believe me but i know for a fact he uses that electronic lure they advertise on tv. I think they should ban it from tournaments, this has gone too far.