[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Favorite Shooter jig?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite Shooter jig?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:46 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:48 pm 

i think my favorite is Rob's craw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:55 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Green punkin............topped with a Jymsu green punkin trailer..........thump, thump.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:08 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

ditto on the Rob's craw. cant be beaten in the upstate....

Im starting to like the grassy pumpkin (i think thats what its called lol)more and more also

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:06 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Crawdad & Robs Craw are best for Murray....when I'm at Wateree I'll fish both and the Texas Craw...lately at Wylie I've done well with the Black/Brown/Purple with a Black Chunk...in May I smackedum good with a Shellcracker/Green Pumpkin chunk swimming around docks...all these except the Tx Craw are jam up at Santee.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:15 pm 

no dought... robs'craw or carolina mocason now using one that is green pumpkin, has a few strands on chart/black its worked well recently on the yadkin chain.
@ THINGS I wish was diff on the shooter jig
1. wish the came with and with out rattle chamber
2.the eyelet direction Wish it was cross ways instead of straight up.
Let me sai, Ive been using Shooter jigs for long time even with ththis eye position I don't miss too many... I do take a file and redress the hook LIGHTLY, use 20lb floro line and a 7ft hm jig rod. The hook usually finds the side of the mouth most often compared to other jigs where Ive seen more fish hooked threw the top of the mouth when using a jig with sidways eyelet....just my opinion...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:13 am 

How do you guys put the trailer on the jig? Do you tip it with the trailer, or do you thread it on?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Thread it for finesse look..
Tip it for bulk-larger-type look

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:31 pm 

What are the benefits to each way of adding the trailer? Wanting all the expertise from you guys I can get.

Do you get enough action with the trailer threaded on?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:05 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

http://stren.flwoutdoors.com/tournament ... d=0&t=news

Check out 5th Place Ronnie Watts...

I've always put the hook through the chunk and let it hang...simple fact that everybody I know that does this catches a lot of fish on a jig...the ones I know that thread the chunk on the jig don't seem to do as good...I'm sure there is more action with the chunk hanging by the hook...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:01 pm 

Tipped on makes more sense from an action standpoint. I just don't see it threaded on having much action at all, except maybe on the fall.

Appreciate the info.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:54 pm 

almost always tiphook a zoom super chunk,1/2 jig
2 hints =
1- cut super chunk in the middle of the legs up into the fat chunk, makes it wiggle more when you swim it back,
2- take tooth pick push it thru the tip of the chunk then put the hook thru behind the tooth pick clip off exccess t-pock this keeps the chunk on hook when skipping docks.
only time i thread the chunk up the hook is during bed fishing or wanting a smaller profile bait. (super clear water)
Have you seen the crawfish this summer----their 5 ins long and super big brown/greenish/little orange on claws and tails-----MAGNUM ROB'S CRAW..live well was full last weekend.