[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Washington D.C.
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:33 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Washington D.C.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:14 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well, We now have a new President! History has been made. We have an African-American President. Now thats history but if the man really wants to make history he can by getting this country put back together. Now that will be real history. For the first three weeks he has been in Office he is the only thing I see has changed in Washington. The way the government is being run has not changed one bit. The Swan Dance is over and the 120 million dollar Ball is over and he is sworn in and all of his promises of bipartisonship are going down the tubes fast. I guess he thought by putting three Republicans in his cabinet which by the way was a first by a Democratic President so that is history making was going to swing more Republicans to his side. Sorry but it didn't work. The Democratic house voted on the Stimulus package and passed it on the first reading. Then it went to the Republican Senate and the Republicans refused to vote on it till changes were made and now according to what is coming from Washington another Trillion dollars has been added to the Stimulus Package so it went from 1 Trillion to 2 Trillion just with a move from the House to the Senate. Now all along it has been the Republicans blaming the Democrats for adding pork to all the bills being voted on in the congress. I think the Republicans did a pretty good job of adding just a slight amount of PORK to this bill. I think an extra Trillion in a whole lot of PORK if you ask me. Now I don't think I am all that smart but the way those folks up there in DC is throwing dollar figures around does scare me a little. Obama was able to sweet talk enough Americans to vote him into office but he can't sweet talk the Republicans as they are proving that from the Get Go but they are flexing their muscles at the expense of millions of angry Americans that are seeing everything they have worked for all their lives being taken from them. Now if you look at what happened to the first 350 Billion dollars that was just handed to the banking systems and Insurance Companies to boost the economy and no one can account for the money and no one has seen the economy do anything except continue to fall with more and more people losing jobs, homes cars, etc etc. I think someone is going to have to be the banker on this next round and the banker is going to have to have full control of where the money goes and a full report on who is spending it and what it is being spent on cause we now know we cannot trust the Banks or Insurance Companies to do what they are suppose to do with is which was spend it by making loans and investing it back into the economy which did not happen. Instead teh banks and Insurance companies put it into their profits and losses columns and covered their own losses from previous years.
Now I also saw where the Federal Government will have an expressed interest in any company that they bail out with this stimulus package and that they will be putting salary caps on all executives of those companies. I think Washington DC needs to set an example. I think WASHINGTON DC needs to set an EXAMPLE buy putting Salary caps on all of the Senators and Congressmen and women FIRST. That would be a good first example to set so they cannot keep writing themselves raises every damn year when they not earning what they are already being paid. Obama said during his campaign that there would be no lobbyists in Washington. He is wrong. The Senate and Congress is packed plum full of them and have been for years. Obama likes thowing that 4 million new jobs will be created with this stimulus package. What good will that do to create 4 million new jobs when by the time you get it started 35 million people will be out of work. I think a great stimulus package we be to just send each legal American that has or had paid in taxes and has a valid verified Social Security (tax free) $200,000.00 per family and $100,000.00 per single person in America and let them start the spending package stimulus program. I can promise you the people will show you how to spend the money to get the country jump started. The Feds can spend whats left if there is any left on getting smal businesses back on their feet and let the big businesses fisgure out how to get the America people to spend money with them and bail themselves out. This idea of sending some one $500.00 or $1,200.00 for familes and thinks that is going to spark spending is a joke at best. Lets see the Federal Government put is faith back in the people for a change instead of large Corportaions that have already proven they cannot be trusted. JMHO Off my soap box.

Post subject: Re: Washington D.C.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:46 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Softy, in the last 2 weeks most reasonable people should be able to see that most in Congress and the Senate need to go, as well as the Boards of Directors of many large US Corporations and their CEO's. This is going to take some time but if you trust people will vote them out in the future then there's a chance. The 3 republicans supporting the plan are up for re-election and want to retain their seat...they are also moderate.

There is no re-hab for Boards, Banks, CEO's etc that would take 20 million in bonus for the year, along with a 1 million salary for the year, while their Company loses a billion for the year....and they have no :oops: shame. I believe much of our Washington and Business leaders don't get it (have no clue) about all the families that are hurting...and many show they don't care either when you listen to their comments. What kind of person would argue about extending unemployment benefits to a person that has lost their job?

Pretty sure Obama see's what he is up against but he will need new people to work with..many republican, democratic and independant leaders got to, as do Corp., Wall Street and Bank firm leaders, or we will not see the moves forward we are all hoping for.

As for sweet talk, I'm just glad he didnt stand there and say "overall the economy is in good shape."
Most of our elected leaders are well to do or come from wealthy backgrounds...with the exception of a VERY FEW it's hard for them to understand not having the money or job...to pay the bills.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 pm 

Peanut, I hear exactly what your saying and do hope the American are taking notes of who is voting and which way so come election time we can get shed of the idiots that are in their right now.Your correct about the CEO that takes them big bonuses and salaries even though there company is going down teh tubes but you have to admit. They are doing a really good job of looking out for #1 anyway. If the ship is sinking they figure they are not going down without making sure they don't have to worry cause they have plenty of life jackets for themselves. I doubt I will live long enough to see this country back where it belongs but at least maybe I will see enough improvements that I can leave this world knowing my children and Grandchildren will have a future. As far as Obama, I think he has already got his first taste of what being President really means and I don't think he liked it. I'm now curious to see how he handles it. Now I think we are going to get to see just how much GRIT he really has. I bet he has laid his head on the pillow and asked himself Lord, What have I got myself into? It's nothing like I was told by my camapign managers said it would be?......... :shock: :shock: All we can do is wait now and see if he can get the job done....... :hmm:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:07 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Softy, the news confirms the "bill" is now down to 780+ billion with an increase in
"tax cuts" to somewhere around 40% of the bill and a decrease in "spending" to somewhere around 60%.

I hope people boil over this kind of hypocrisy!! People (millions of unemployed and 598,000 more just last month) who have lost their jobs or livelyhood don't give a crap about tax cuts...tax cuts can't help you when you have no income! Tax cuts will not pay the mortgage. So tell me what the heck they are thinking about? The only ones concerend about tax cuts are folks who have money or good income..and right now most of those folks will not spend their tax cut savings to create new jobs...they will keep it...yet those supporters in the senate and congress say tax cuts will help create jobs...hypocrites!

Hoping folks will vote out these self-serving-all knowing politicians at the earliest possible chance and vote in some regular/hard working folks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

They all need to join Michale Phelps, cause this damn thing is just like the other STIMULUS PACKAGE A BIG JOKE.

NO NEED TO WRITE ANYONE, CAUSE THEY COULD CARE LESS, HELL SOME OF THE ELECTED ONES IN SOUTH CAROLINA WANT EVEN TALK WITH YOU NOW, ELECTION IS OVER.

BANKS WANT TALK TO YOU, WHEN YOU ASK THEM FOR HELP, THEY SAY ARE YOU 3 MONTHS BEHIND? YOU HAVE TO BE PREG'NATED AND HAVE 8 MORE BABIES, TO BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR ASSISTANCE. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

AND THEY WONDER WHY SO MANY GO "POSTAL". :shock: :mrgreen: :-D

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:23 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Heard 2 of the SC leaders on the news talking about the "bill"...could not believe what they were saying....no clue. Definetly need the bong..............

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:12 am 

Yep , I saw that and I wonder how that stimulus figure went from 2 trillion down the 750 Billion over night? It will be two years before we can vote most of these idiots out of office but problem is the only thing that will get elected back in are guys Corker from Chattanooga that did noting but make tons of promises during his campaign and once elected turned his back on his voters and has yet to honor one promise he made but has succeeded in making many employees of the auto workers union want his head on a stick. He said it might be a good thing if the auto makers went bankrupt. Now that sounds like a positive move for an elected official to say huh? If nothing else come out of this I heard that a record amount of illegal immigrants are leaving the country and going back home because there are no jobs for them and they cannot get unemployment checks. Maybe by the time this mess gets straightened out we wil have secured the borders or just opened a shoot on sight season on them to keep them from comng back. I understand exactly what your saying about tax breaks for people without jobs. Makes no sense what so ever. And yea, those that do get stimulus checks will sit on them for grave emergencies and not spend them. I was looking at getting a $500.00 stimulus check but now I see were that got cut in half already and before they are done I will probably owe them. Oh well if someone gets it in more need than me thats fine. I just wish they would get things moving and folks back to work and begin loaning money again so folks can keep thier homes and small businesses can get back up and operational so big business can follow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:32 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

The Mexicans may have left from where you live, but they are still driving around down here DRUNK, SMOKED UP with no drivers license and no insurance. The Lakelands area is full of these No SPEAKING ENGLISH GANGS. A bunch of them are still working at the plant while we sit on the outside looking in. They are better workers according to the "BOSS". IF THEY ARE SO DAMNED GREAT OF WORKERS WHERE WERE THEY 30 YEARS AGO WHEN I WENT TO WORK? THEY WERE STILL IN MEXICO DRINKING CATUS JUICE AND SPANKING THEIR MO'HETA.

LESS GO FISHING. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:10 pm 

Well Booger, I think that was just a general concensus that they are leaving more and more as jobs dry up for the illegal immigrants they are going back home. Evidently the ones that are now doing your jbs have legal Visa's which would make them legal but I still don't think they should be working on Visa's and the company be allowed to lay off American citizens to hire Visa Workers. That sucks big time. Now that is something that needs to be pounded on to all of those idiots in Washington. Visa workers should not be filling the jobs of American Workers that have 30 years in at any company period. I read earlier that you had got laid off but didn't know they were replacing ya'll with Visa workers. That really Sucks Big time and I'm sorry your getting screwed like that Booger.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I did not see one thing in the stimulus package mention getting manufactuting jobs back in this country. From what I can understand it's health care and infrastructure
building roads,govt buildings etc. That's great but what about manufacturing.That's what made this country great.It's all off shore now. Just go to any store and see how much of it is made in the U.S. That's where the jobs were, and with jobs we spend again. Bunch of dumb ass's in DC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm 

Heres a few examples of Government spending and where the money from the Stimulus Package is going.

One more Washington crook.
'SNOPES' VALIDATES THE BELOW FACTS:

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's home district includes San Francisco .

Star-Kist Tuna's headquarters are in San Francisco , Pelosi's home district.

Star-Kist is owned by Del Monte Foods and is a major contributor to Pelosi.

Star-Kist is the major employer in American Samoa employing 75% of the
Samoan workforce.

Paul Pelosi, Nancy 's husband, owns $17 million dollars of Del Monte stock.

In January, 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to
$7.25, Pelosi had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del
Monte would not have to pay the higher wage. This would make Del Monte
products less expensive than their competition's.

Last week when the huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an
earmark to the final bill adding $33 million dollars for an 'economic
development credit in American Samoa '.

Pelosi has called the Bush Administration 'CORRUPT' ? ?

How do you spell 'HYPOCRITE' ? ?

EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD GET THIS E-MAIL.

WHAT A SAN FRANCISCO SCUM BAG!

Part (2)
Pelosi's Jet
WAKE UP AMERICA !!!

And they want to talk about Sarah's dress.
Conservatives! Are you out there?

MADAME PELOSI
Madame Pelosi wasn't happy with the small private jet that comes
with the Speaker's job. Madame Pelosi was aggravated that this
little jet had to stop to refuel, So she ordered a Big Fat 200 seat
jet that could get her back to California without stopping!

Many, many legislators walked by and grinned with glee as Joe
informed everyone that Nancy 's Big Fat Jet costs us, the hard
working American tax payers, thousands of gallons of fuel every week.

Since she only works 3 days a week, this gas guzzling jet gets fueled and she flies home to California, cost to! the taxpayers of about $60,000, one way!

As Joe put it, 'Unfortunately we have to pay to bring her back on
Monday night.' Cost to us another $60,000.

Folks, that is $480,000 per month and that is an annual cost to the
taxpayers of $5,760,000. No wonder she complains about the cost of this war, it might cramp her style and she is styling, on my back and yours.

I think of the military families in this country doing without and this woman who heads up the most do nothing Congress in the history of this country, keeps fueling that jet while doing nothing Madame Pelosi wants you and I to conserve our carbon footprint. She wants us to buy smaller cars and Obama wants us to get a bicycle pump and air up our tires.

These people are nuts, if you agree pass this on, if not don't cry
fowl when you can't afford to fill your hybrid.
WAKE UP AMERICA !!!

Those are just a few facts I ran accross the other day while searching the web for some stuff on the new Bill.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:52 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

I think you need to check snopes a little more closely if you're believing that they are saying those 'facts' are true.

Hint: Anytime you get a chain email it's probably BS. Anytime you get a chain email saying it's been confirmed by snopes, you can bet that's a big fat lie too.

It's funny to me how much people's hatred for certain politicians is based on BS chain emails.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:00 am 

Well, I guess your a democrat and think Pelosi is the Godess of the Government..... :hmm: I have finally figured out that if I say anything negative about a Democrat someone is very quick to speak up in their defense. The News Medias and Snopes and several other TV networks did a real good job of protecting any thing negatives about Obama all during the campaigns. I am still waiting to see an authentic proven Birth Certificate for Barrack Hussein Obama Born anywhere in the United States or it's properties including Hawaii. So far they have produced 3 and they all have contradicted each other so I still want to know if we have a genuine good old American in the White House or an illegal immigrant. He sure does want to protect the immigrants real bad...... :angry: :angry: :angry:

.HR1388 was passed . . .

This bill was indeed passed. You can Google it for yourself and read about it.

EVERYONE IN THE U. S. needs to know....

Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed yesterday,
behind our backs. You may want to read about it. It
wasn't mentioned on the news... just went by on the
ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas
Refugees to the USA . This is the news that didn't make
the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the
expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration
assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and
"conflict victims" in Gaza .

The "presidential determination", which allows
hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to
resettle in the United States , was signed on January 27 and
appeared in the Federal Register on February 4.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the
order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food
allowances to individuals who have displayed their
overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement
(Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Let's review....itemized list of some of Barack
Obama's most recent actions since his inauguration:

His first call to any head of state, as president, was to
Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian
territory.

His first one-on-one television interview with any news
organization was with Al Arabia television.

His first executive order was to fund/facilitate
abortion(s) not just here within the U. S. , but within the
world, using U.. S. tax payer funds.

He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of
detainees halted.

He ordered overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.

He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the
USS Cole and the "terror attack" on 9/11.

Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of
Palestinian refugees to move to, and live in, the US at
American taxpayer expense.

These important, and insightful, issues are being
"lost" in the blinding bail-outs and
"stimulation" packages.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself:
www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488

PLEASE PASS THIS ON . . . AMERICA NEEDS TO KNOW

.......... :angry: :angry:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:04 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Surprised to see someone step up and admit some folks have lied and misled members of congress :shock:
Leon Panetta today has documented that the CIA has lied and misled....blah blah.

Would be a better place if everyone just admitted we're a mess and took the blame...but no, we're going to point fingers because we are a self-righteous bunch of
ignorant beasts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:55 pm 

Believe me I agree with you 1000% Peanut. I would just once like to see an elected official step up and admit to any wrong doing but it will never happen because they are all a bunch of snevilling sissies that can do no wrong and it is always some elses fault but theirs when things in Government get screwed up yet it is Government that runs Government but outsiders are the ones screwing it up?.... :hmm: :hmm: :angry: :angry: