[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Medicare, medicaid
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Medicare, medicaid
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:16 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Times seem to be changing. Not too many years ago many of the folks here prayed for my Mom as she had several major surgeries with much success. She lived a long and productive life living on Medicare and medicaid. I am hoping to reach 65 and use these services as well. A childhood friend, John, called me the other day from Anchorage Alaska where he has lived for 30 yrs. He will be 65 soon and asked his doctor about Medicare. His doctor told him his office and co workers did not accept Medicare and John needed to find another doctor. John called every doctor in the phone book and none accept new Medicare patients. John is not sure what he will do. My point is no matter what your opinions on healthcare if you are getting close to going on Medicare you may want to ask your doctor if he accepts Medicare.

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

Post subject: Re: Medicare, medicaid
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:39 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I have been on Medicare and Medicaid since 1998 and not had any problem with them. All my doctors and hospitals here take it. I think that may just be a problem with Alaskan doctors and greed. I'm sure as more and more folks begin losing their company paid or private insurance plans with this economy those doctors will be glad to accept medicare/medicaid payments. JMHO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:41 am 

I have been on Medicare and Medicaid since 1998 and not had any problem with them. All my doctors and hospitals here take it. I think that may just be a problem with Alaskan doctors and greed. I'm sure as more and more folks begin losing their company paid or private insurance plans with this economy those doctors will be glad to accept medicare/medicaid payments. JMHO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:07 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

I took the wife to the Gibbs Cancer center last week. Saw a Doctor there and asked him about it. He said he took medicare patients all the time as did his partners. But I have friends in Ohio and here in the upstate who say alot of doctors do not take NEW medicare patients. I just thought it a wise idea to ask if you are approaching 65 just in case your doctor doesn't do it.

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:28 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

My wife has been eligible for medicare past 2 years without any problems, all md's & hospitals accepting.
I would think most company employee plans will either be broke in a few years or
dropped. If healthcare stays on the same path..only wealthy folks will have it.
50 million are without it and small business, like me, is being hi-jacked (should be against the law) or else live without out and make it 50 million and one.
The only honest place left is on the lake.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:54 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

I hate for all of us, that are not elected officials. Somebody said they saw an interview a few weeks back and the man ask the President if "ALL" would be using the same Health Care and that would be his Family also? "HE" started back pedaling and did not give an answer or one of the Political Answers. Ever since that was shown on TV, the talk has not been as much and they are all back to the political game again. Tight Lips, cause they don't want the Ship to sink. It is bad when the doctor will not accept certain types of insurance. Did they not take an OATH to provide the best care for all? How strange that unless you can get rich, the services are not provided.

I love it, AS STATED BY THE GOVERNMENT, INFALATION HASN'T GONE UP, BUT:
Home Insurance Coverage WENT UP!
Auto Coverage WENT UP!
WATER BILL INCREASED!
POWER BILL IS INCREASING!
GAS IS STILL AT IT'S HIGHEST!
FOOD PRICES HAVE INCREASED!

GUESS WHAT HASN'T INCREASED, "OUR" PAY. :shock:

THEN NEXT YEAR OUR ELECTED OFFICIAL WILL CONTINUE TO GET THEIR PAY RAISE BECAUSE IT IS AUTOMATIC, AND THEY WILL TELL THE AMERICAN PUBLIC THAT THINGS ARE NOT INCREASING. WELL IF IT ISN'T THEN WHY HAVE YOU BEEN GETTING RAISES CONTINUOUSLLY. :roll: :hmm:

PRAYING FOR ALL OF US. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:44 am 

:hmm: I am on SS disability and would much rather be able to work but those days have been over for me for about 15 years. Now I cannot see how our government can sit back and say that the cost of living has not gone up. I live on a budget that I set up according to my disability and do not depend on any of my bait money to operate my home. It is to unpredictable. Now if things have not gone up how come I stick very very close to my check amount to operate my home and I use to have about 150.00 a month left after paying all bills each month and stocking up groceries I could find on sale and now I'm lucky to have 50.00 at the end of each month. I know my rent went up two months ago, Gasolene has gone up 50 cents a gallon in last two months. Now do all of our elected officials have their heads stuck up their butts so they don't have to look at the real world?.......... :angry: If that is the case which it seems to be they need to be replaced with people that have big enough butts that they can have their heads in it and the world can get in their with also. :hmm: :hmm: