[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Gobbler Open Tourney - 11/26/2010
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:56 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:27 pm 

With all the confusion regarding the usual day after tournament here on greenwood I have decided, last minute, that I dont mind running the tournament! All details are below. Please call to verify that you are going to fish if you dont mind. As of right now if there are less than 5 boats there will be no tournament and money will be refunded!
Gobbler Open Tourney: Friday,November 26th, 2010-Safe Light til 3pm
-$50 per boat (includes $10 per boat big fish)
-100% payback
-5 fish, 12" minimum length
-all same general rules, fishermans courtesy always
-reeders landing*(could change depending on feedback and number of participants)
-1 place will be paid per 5 boats(10 place max.)

If you have any questions or concerns call me(Pete Sherbert) at 864.398.1533

Thanks and look forward to enjoying a fun-filled day! No better way to burn off all that turkey than setting the hook!

Pete Sherbert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:49 pm 

I don't think u will have any trouble getting people to show. I know 4 or 5 thats lookin forward to it ... c u at reeders or 45 as some know it!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:03 am 

Sounds great looking forward to it! If you dont mind please give me a call and let me know so I can get some names together of who might be showing up and fishing, just so I can get familiar with it. 8643981533 - Pete Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm 

I would like to get an idea of anyone who plans on fishing. Please either post or call me regarding this. Thanks and look forward to seeing you guys there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:18 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

We will be there..... Reeders, correct?

Thank you for taking the time to set this up....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:18 pm 

Reeders it is...livewell checks as you sign in and blast off at safe light! Got you down jbishop!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:51 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Well Good Luck PISTOL......DINK ALEX & MIKEY will pick up the launch/Lunch tab....Y'all just put in & go!!!! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:24 am 

count me and my partner in. see u friday,

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:34 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Bring the helmets, cause that it is a long way to run down to the 34 ramp where there is some schooling activity going on early in the morning. :mrgreen:

Or just ride around in the rain looking for the other places they are schooling. :-D

Good Luck to all that will be out there tomorrow, on BLACK RAINY FRIDAY. :mrgreen:

All, it has been told that an account has been set-up over at the SUBWAY shop and the TAB will be covered by the BIG DOG, is that correct MIKEY? :P

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:28 am 

Enjoyed meeting all of you and had a good showing for last minute. Knew a few of the guys fishing that I have fished against in the past! I think everyone enjoyed the tourney(what we could anyway with 20+ wind gusts)! It was a long day battling the winds and off and on rain. It started out great first thing as we attempted to back into the water and all of a sudden all you hear is this god awful sound that no boat owner wants to hear...when i looked down there was a hole in the ramp that you could not see and sure enough my trailer had found it(figures-my luck) and by the time it was all said and done i damaged the fiberglass fender and busted my back taillight! How does anyone owning a ramp expect someone to pay $5 ramp fee when the ramp is in such bad shape. That is ridiculous, whoever owns it needs to take some of that money and have it fixed. If you are going to charge to put in then keep it up at least. Had i known this we would have fished out of a different ramp but was just trying to make it convenient for everyone on late notice. After that painful experience we blasted off into the unseasonably warm morning. It turned out to be a pretty tough day on the water for most and let be the first to say we got lucky with one big bite today that made the difference for us. All in all a tough day as far as numbers! I appreciate everyone who was able to make it and hope all had some fun! Take care, good fishing, and happy holidays to you all!

Attachments:
Greenwoodtoad 7lb.jpg
Greenwoodtoad 7lb.jpg [ 67 KiB | Viewed 8717 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:14 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Wonder why everybody uses the State Park???? You get your $5 ramp fee back???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:58 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Good Fish! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Did that fish win the whole thing? :mrgreen:

How many boats did you have total? :-D

Hey I thought everybody nosed about that big hole and the uneven cement ramp. :angry:

That ramp has been that way for over 30 years and Reeders on charged you a dollar or two to put in. The new Owner went to $5.00.

That is why most of us use the new ramp on the Reedy, State Park, or Hwy 34 ramp. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Or the $2 dollar ramp at Tower Point. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

But some people still like Reeders and will pay the extra for a bad ramp. :roll: :P

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:40 pm 

Thats way we dont pay them . We leave a note that we will be more and gald to pay when yall fix ramp . havent pay in 2 years. the best thing to do is go right down the center of ramp . seen a man turn his boat over this summer because of the hole. we dont use skipper in winter at all ripped back axle off boat trailer last winter there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Congratz! Sorry I missed it, that work thing got in the way.

I learned my lesson at that ramp and Skippers. Busted something at that ramp and got my pontoon stuck at Skipper. Had to get a tow truck that had the right equipment to get out of Skippers ramp. Those are 2 places that will never see my bills again. If it's just my boat or less than 10 boat I personally like Moon's Landing it's just a little tight. The people are great and restrooms are new/clean. But the other ramps mentioned are equally good too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:59 pm 

Will definitely know in the future where to go. Honestly I have been fishing greenwood for years and out of that ramp just usually manage to miss the holes...not this time but i was not driving either and thought he would miss it...WRONG!!! Oh well what little money we did win is gone for that and fiberglass replacement! Thats fishing!