SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:24 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

It is that time of year; The Annual Lake Greenwood Day After Turkey Day TX.

Lake Greenwood State Park
Friday, Nov. 23rd 2018
Safe Light to 3pm.
Total entry $75. ($60 per boat plus $15 - pays 2 big fish; 10 & 5) one bf per boat.
Paying 1 for every 6 boats.
14" on all bass.
dead fish penalty 4 oz.
5 boats at a time ooze off ( if foggy, IDLE ONLY, until safe-after fog lifts).

This is a fun event :mrgreen:
You can post to sign up. Pay at ramp.
You can also call us: Kevin 864-323-5922 or Jeff 864-340-2200 or just leave msg on voice mail.

Look forward to seeing everyone! We should be at ramp about 4:45

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:29 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Many have contacted us. (those of you that did, we have you down) We should have over 35. (there were over 35 last year as well).
Remember the tx pays 1 for every 6 boats. 30 boats will pay 5 places 36 pays 6. :hmm: :wink:

See everyone in about 3 weeks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 am 

are alabama rigs allowed?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:50 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Dockmaster wrote:
are alabama rigs allowed?

Yes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:23 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

41 boats fished the Day After last year..7 lber was BF $410 and 5 lber was 2nd $205.
Overall weights were heavier than previous years..with 19 winning - 12 to 17 lb sacks getting checks.
We had a few years were 12-14 lbs were the top weights and that might be the case this year...or not.

The SC Bass Federation had their 2-day this past weekend with 28 lbs winning for a 2 day total..so 12 -14 lb sack is still a good
catch.

The lake is in draw-down and about a foot low...The rains this week should keep it there and keep it stained.
WT low to mid 60's.

See everyone a week from Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:42 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Is this a 100% payback? I heard through the grapevine that the payout wasn't very fair last year and the payout was changed at the boat ramp?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

bASSgraber19 wrote:
Is this a 100% payback? I heard through the grapevine that the payout wasn't very fair last year and the payout was changed at the boat ramp?

I apologize in advance for this post; to all those that know me, and my reply.

Did you fish the tx? I notice you just joined the sclakes website TODAY. I dont know who you are, but i don't believe your starting off on the right foot.

Why do people use a public forum to ask something they heard off color? Why not go to the source, our phone numbers are listed.

Why ask something negative you say you heard, implying a tournament payout wasn't very fair?

Well, i will tell everyone what i know, Last year something came up involving my family and i could not make the event as i have the past 15 years. The payout was suppose to be 1 for 6 but Kevin thought it was 1 for 5 so an extra place was paid which caused 1st place to be less. THATS WHAT HAPPENED.

The problem arose after with the winner contacting me. I did not even know. Kevin did not know, and when i checked with him he told me he thought it was 1 for 5. I called the winner back, explained what happened. Obviously, the winners were the only one
disappointed and i understand that..they got like 650 instead of 800 or thereabout.

If anyone would call that "not very fair" I apologize. (but i already did that to the winner).
I would not call the team that received the extra place we paid, explain the mistake, and ask for the money back. But if the winner had a problem with it, i would have made it good. I understand that nothing was said at the ramp.

The payout is 1 for 6. We pay 2 BF. (Only one BF per boat)
The total is $75.

Kevin and I take $6.00 from every boat. It covers our expenses for the tx.

We are both retired and do this every year for fun. We use to have a cookout afterwards..dogs, burgers, deerburgers, chips,
drinks, charcoal, plates, etc. 80 people enjoyed it but about 5 of us did the work and covered the expense. It was too much work for us, so we stopped doing it. Every year we have 25-50 boats. Last year it was 41 and the only one i missed. Kevin paying out the extra place was simply an honest mistake, NOT AN UNFAIR one. (I resent your implication)
He did not "change" anything at the boat ramp, just thought it was 1 for 5.

Sometimes, if we have nothing good to say, we should not say anything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:10 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

I heard these things from someone who fished last year and said that the payout was discussed after some people had already registered. I saw some of the post last year as a guest to the site and was just curious. I noticed from the post last year someone asked about the payout and no one responded. The question was about it being 100% pay back or not. I was just trying to get a little more information about the tournament in general. I apologize if it sounded like I was pointing finger. That was not my intention.