[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Favorite Style and Colors
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:41 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:46 pm 
Wire Bait Moderator
Wire Bait Moderator

Well since I make my own I honestly have to say "whatever is working that day". I have so many different types but for the most part it will be some kind of white or white/chartreuse color with the water color and time of year dictating the blade combination. In extremely dirty water I'll use a big single blade firetiger. In clearer water I'll use something more translucent and shad-like. If the water doesn't have some stain, I throw something else. The main reason I started building my own was because I got tired of the store bought ones hanging up. I bend my own and leave the arm length long enough so the blade arm extends beyond the round bend of the hook. That way I can crawl it through the tree, brush, etc. and let it drop when I want to without hangups. I only use a trailer hook when I'm fishing it in grass, and I always use either a curly tail grub (turned down) or a burke type twin tail trailer.

Blademan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:42 am 

I don't know why but I've almost stop using SB. But here a color that works for me when I will fish them. Stain water or cloudy day. Willow Copper blade with CH/WH or Brown/Orange skirt size 3/8oz. I've had some good days with this color combo. My to cent.
Barret and James :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:36 pm 

Man, I love a spinnerbait in the spring in Santee!!! I'll start fishing it hard when the water temps get a little above 55 degs.

I like to stay with more suttle colors for shallow water.

There's a gentleman in Texas that builds custom spinnerbaits that are really good baits. Their called Heavycover spinnerbaits. You can design your own baits, right on his website. He has over 300,000 combinations that you can come up with!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:43 pm 

I didn't want to give away my secret bait, but seeing how Softy spilled his ... I'll tell you mine.. It's a Hawaiian Wiggler with a yellow head and white skirt,, no trailer...retiredguy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:00 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

i previously used Hawg Caller and Blademaster, but now i really like the J&M. every one i have fished runs straight as an arrow even when burning them as fast as you can( my specialty).
1. 3/8 3 blade shimmer blue
2. 3/8 double colorado chart. white
3. 3/8 3 blade white

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:16 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:40 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Mine are shad imatatin colors, glimmer blue , white ,white n silver, ive had those shad colors even produce in murky to muddy water just change up vibration (blade combo) and blade colors (silver n gold combo) but do like black n red glitter with single colorodo for night time. imy favorite weights are 1/2, 3/4 to use in all situations

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:55 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I STICK TO THE SHAD IMATATIN COLORS, WHITES, GLIMMER BLUES, WHITE/SILVER,IN ALL WATER CLARITYS,7 MY FAVORITE WEIGHTS ARE 1/2 3/4 OZS, AS FOR BLADES I LIKE TANDEMS WITH SILVER/ GOLD COMBINATION, I ALSO USE BLACK/RED GLITTER W/ SIGLE COLORADO AT NIGHT. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:10 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I LIKE TO STICK WITH SHAD IMATATIN COLORS, LIKE YOUR WHTES, GLIMMER BLUES, ETC. I LIKE TO USE TANDEM BLADES WITH GOLD/SILVER COBINATION, AND FINALLY I USE BLACK/RED GLITTER WITH SINGLE COLRADO FOR NIGHT TIME, LURE SIZES I PREFER ARE 1/2 & 3/4 OZ SIZES. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:14 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I LIKE TO STICK WITH SHAD IMATATIN COLORS, LIKE YOUR WHITES GLIMMER BLUES ETC. AT NIGHT TIME I LIKE BLACK/RED GLITTER. ILIKE TO USE TANDEM BLADES WITH GOLD N SILVER COMBINATION AND FINALLY THE SIZES I PREFER ARE 1/2 & 3/4 OZ :thumbs_up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:19 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I LIKE TO STICK WITH SHAD INMATIN COLORS,& RED BLACK GLITTER WITH SINGLE COLRADO AT NGHT TIME .I LIKE TO USE TANDEM BLADES WITH GOLD /SIVER COMBO & SIZES I PREFER ARE 1/2 & 3/4 OZ