[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Cell Phones???
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:28 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cell Phones???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:21 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I would like to know why 90% of the people in this world have cell phones and 10% of them answer them when they ring. The other 80% Have some kind of message device that answers it for them and takes a message that seldom ever gets a response back ? I have a cell phone. If it rings I will answer it. If I cannot not and my message machine does take it I recieve a notice I have a message. I retrieve the message and out of respect I return that callers call if they request a return call within a reasonable length of tme which in most cases 15 to 20 minutes or less. Now call me Andy Rooney but folks, if your going to get a cell phone to recieve calls on , when it rings answer it, after all isn't that why you got it in the first place was for the convienence of recieving calls? If you don't want to speak to a certain person then don't give him or her your number and say call me.... JMHO

Post subject: Re: Cell Phones???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:33 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I know what you mean Softie, but they are just like a four wheel drive, once you have one you can't do without one, whether you need it or not. :hmm:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:37 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I have been with people and seen them look at their caller ID to see who it is calling and still not answer it... I always say... If someone does that to someone else then I know they will do it to me. HOW RUDE!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:42 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

I hate cell phones. I have one I buy time for. I carry it so my wife can call me if she needs me and so I can call for help if I get in trouble or break down. I answer it when I hear it but if I get a message I have issues trying to figure out how to listen to them.......LOL. I normally return all calls but I don't give many people my number. In fact I don't remember the number myself which is why I have problems listening to messages.......LOL. I don't want bothered which is why I'm not home.......LOL. I also won't talk on it and drive, I pull over as soon as I can and don't call anyone while driving. That works for me. When I'm home I'll hurt myself trying to answer the phone but not when I'm out. RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:40 pm 

I know what you mean about the looking at the ID and then not answering the phone. The way I look at it that is rude. If you did not want to speak to that person why did you give them your number? I agree with you also RM, I will answer the phone after I have found a safe place to pull over or answer and tell them I will call them back but I answer anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:39 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Hey I got a cell, work and home phone, but they all have answering machines and if you want me, leave me a message. :roll: :roll: I don't just sit by the phone looking, watching and waiting on it to ring. :roll: :roll: The cell phone I don't carry it, but it's close by if needed, so I'm not always where I can hear it. :hmm:

If that is a problem then KMNA! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

sometimes it gets expensive if you are not talking on it during either nights or weekends....they can really slap you with some charges..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:43 pm 

Well I can understand folks not wanting to talk on them for hours when they pay by the minute and Booger, I can understand you not sitting by the phone waiting for someone to call..... :lol: :lol: I thought that was the reason for cell phones, so folks would not half to sit by the phone..... :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't have a home phone. I gave great thought about phones before making my phone decisions when I moved here. Right after moving here I was driving to Walmart and truck broke down and I had to walk about 3 miles. During that walk I made my decision. I was going to get a cell phone. I figured I can answer a cell phone at home but can't make emergency phone calls for road service from my home phone in my truck...... :lol: :lol: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:07 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

i hear what your sayin softy and i agree but here are some instances when you might not "Hear it ring" :D

-grandma wants to talk about grandpas gout
-the ole lady wants to talk about the relationship
-fishin buddy wants to split the winnings

but seriously the phone comes 2nd to whoever im with or whatever im doin at the moment. like you said, leave a message or ill see the number on caller id and call ya back. i think its rude to answer the phone while your coversing with someone in person.

i agree with ya softy - just playin a little devils advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:17 pm 

I agree Minnow, That is why you must be careful who you give the number too but then there are monments that you must let message machine get the calls. It is when you don't get a call back when you know the other person got the message is where the rude part comes in. Even if it is an hour later...... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:20 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

I can't be without one, either for business use or personal. That's why I max out my call packages. If a guy has a motor issue and he is stuck on the lake brrrrrinnnng, the phone rings and I try to grab it. There are times when I am in a meeting (real job) and I see the # and hit the ignore button and let it go to voice mail but I call whomever right back as soon as I'm free.

That's why I have my new cell number stickied up there at the top. I changed cell #'s about 2 years ago and lost business because I forgot to let people know. I'll pull the sticky after Christmas, most everybody has it know. :thumbs_up: , I'm just a poor white boy trying to make a living :D.